Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

Bump the brakes, mate 😉

- The freq. weren't disabled, but the latest Viggen's update has caused some problems to them. I've fixed that in some missions, others to follow.
- Weapons' restrictions have been going on for quite a while now. The AJS37 is post Cold War, the AJ37 would be more suitable. I'd hate to throw it out like the Harrier, hence the restrictions.
- Another restriction is the rear aspect missiles only. Dogfights last longer and a fight becomes more challenging that way. Players on both sides have welcomed the idea so far.
- I'm not babysitting anybody, mate, and we've got very skilled players on both sides.

I am ready for the holidays to end 😀

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

13 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Bump the brakes, mate 😉

- The freq. weren't disabled, but the latest Viggen's update has caused some problems to them. I've fixed that in some missions, others to follow.
- Weapons' restrictions have been going on for quite a while now. The AJS37 is post Cold War, the AJ37 would be more suitable. I'd hate to throw it out like the Harrier, hence the restrictions.
- Another restriction is the rear aspect missiles only. Dogfights last longer and a fight becomes more challenging that way. Players on both sides have welcomed the idea so far.
- I'm not babysitting anybody, mate, and we've got very skilled players on both sides.

Where is the F-16?

F-16 entered service in 1978 

Why is there no fueltank for viggens at Nal'chik? 

I killed enemys EWR on both side but red side can still make "bogey dopes"?

Cleary Putin must financing this server!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

1 hour ago, Skyracer said:

Where is the F-16?

Not the F-16C Block 50 we have in DCS. The differences between that and the original F-16A are like Mig-21 vs. Mig-29.

• Like 4

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

22 hours ago, Skyracer said:

Where is the F-16?

Why is there no fueltank for viggens at Nal'chik? 

I killed enemys EWR on both side but red side can still make "bogey dopes"?

Cleary Putin must financing this server!

I wouldn't mind Mr. Putin financing the server and saving me some collection of donations 😉

There are 3 missions where advanced fighters are included. Check here.

Fuel tanks at Nalchik in what mission? Phone Booth? If it's Phone Booth, well, you hardly travel any long distances to really need them. Nevertheless, you find them at the main airbase, Mineralnye Vody.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Happy New Year.

I am having problems with the engine sound of my Mig-21, it sounds like interference or strange noises, other times the engine is not heard.

Does it happen to anyone?
It is the only DCS module that happens to me, started after the last DCS update.

Edited by Tavo89

2 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

Happy New Year.

I am having problems with the engine sound of my Mig-21, it sounds like interference or strange noises, other times the engine is not heard.

It is the only DCS module that happens to me, started after the last DCS update.

I recall seeing a bug report in that earlier today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

23 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

Happy New Year.

It's a known issue. There's also something going on with the hydraulic system - do not deploy flaps until you're on final, and retract them immediately after takeoff. Almost certainly a bug, but even if it's intended behaviour, the consequences aren't right - it drains the main system to zero pressure, you lose all control authority and have no recourse but to eject.

Happy new year! 2022-2023 is looking very promising for Cold War modules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Server News:

Operation Search & Destroy has been updated. Here's the main change log.

In addition to the main change log, a few changes were made:
- All Ka-50's have been removed.
- More Mi-24's instead; Aircraft and slots.
- L-39's and C-101's operate from road bases only. No more spawning at the main airbases far away from the action.
- The road bases were moved closer to the TA's and can be used by all aircraft (MiG-29A's and F-14'a are excluded).
- Added a few more Blue tanks.
- Added a Blue forward base for helicopters only at Jahrom Town. SA342M's and UH-1's can use it for rearming to get back to action quickly.
- Added more beacons: ARC's, TACAN's and NDB's.
- Added more markers on the F10 map with information included for a better understanding of the mission.
- Reduced the amount of R-27R's for MiG-29A's and removed all R-27T's.
- Reduced the amount of AIM-7M's for F-14A's.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

On 1/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, Alpenwolf said:

Happy new year to you all and your families.

God bless you all!

Wishing you and your family a happy new year. Thank you for a great year, wishing for many more great years to come. 

Awesome mission. 
Alpenwolf has created an amazing mission. Tonight’s fight was epic, with the addition of those extra tanks have made a mission turn into a full on battle of the bulge. 
it’s been a fight that I’ve not had in many years. Thanks. 
worth every minute. 
cheers,

Mike-Delta

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MarkMD said:

Awesome mission. 
Alpenwolf has created an amazing mission. Tonight’s fight was epic, with the addition of those extra tanks have made a mission turn into a full on battle of the bulge. 
it’s been a fight that I’ve not had in many years. Thanks. 
worth every minute. 
cheers,

Mike-Delta

Today was amazing fun and a tough fight. 

• Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

4 hours ago, MMI_Grim said:

Did red win in the end?

Had to jump off because of a awake child just as I had a F-5 locked with my Hind. :*(

Would love to know myself. Red was close to winning, but I also had to leave to wake up early the next day for work.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey Alpen,

Possible bug...
Count and killed everything on Nalchik, but there were 2 trucks in the compound on the north side of the airport (around the middle of the airport), that could not be killed. Ultimately, we fired TOE missiles at them and the exploded against the trucks, but no damage. I mention it because we used to kill them previously and we thought these trucks were stopping us from capturing the base. We did notice one vehicle north of the base in the field, so that may have been the issue but the mission ended before we could get to that one.

Miccara

Flying over an entire company of T-72s was a pretty awesome experience. Unfortunately summer is in effect hard here, and my already limited brainpower took a dive with the heat 🤣

12 hours ago, MMI_Grim said:

Did red win in the end?

Had to jump off because of a awake child just as I had a F-5 locked with my Hind. :*(

Might well have been me. I was coming in for my first ever attempt at using LGBs, Kub launched on me, and then MD vectored me onto a pair of Hinds. I probably should've jettisoned my bombs but got cocky and figured I could make it work... didn't get tone and I think my guns pass missed too. I either ripped myself due to the bombs or got hit by one of several SAMs that all came my way at once.

Edited by rossmum

1 hour ago, Miccara said:

Hey Alpen,

Possible bug...
Count and killed everything on Nalchik, but there were 2 trucks in the compound on the north side of the airport (around the middle of the airport), that could not be killed. Ultimately, we fired TOE missiles at them and the exploded against the trucks, but no damage. I mention it because we used to kill them previously and we thought these trucks were stopping us from capturing the base. We did notice one vehicle north of the base in the field, so that may have been the issue but the mission ended before we could get to that one.

Miccara

Those are all default airfield scenery and don't affect capturing, unless a sneaky red tac comm hid an ammo truck in amongst them. They might've had something hidden somewhere else nearby - the airfield capture zones are a circular radius and fairly large. Sometimes you need to spend a while ratting through nearby neighbourhoods looking for units.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rossmum said:

Those are all default airfield scenery and don't affect capturing, unless a sneaky red tac comm hid an ammo truck in amongst them. They might've had something hidden somewhere else nearby - the airfield capture zones are a circular radius and fairly large. Sometimes you need to spend a while ratting through nearby neighbourhoods looking for units.

This.

And that's why Combined Arms operators don't have access to control these units to avoid having anyone exploiting that and hiding the units in tough places to find.

What I sometimes do is fly the Mi-8 (UH-1) and let the door-gunners find the targets themselves. Maybe not in the beginning, but certainly when you're looking for the last remaining units.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

8 hours ago, rossmum said:

Flying over an entire company of T-72s was a pretty awesome experience. Unfortunately summer is in effect hard here, and my already limited brainpower took a dive with the heat 🤣

Might well have been me. I was coming in for my first ever attempt at using LGBs, Kub launched on me, and then MD vectored me onto a pair of Hinds. I probably should've jettisoned my bombs but got cocky and figured I could make it work... didn't get tone and I think my guns pass missed too. I either ripped myself due to the bombs or got hit by one of several SAMs that all came my way at once.

I think I saw you too, you did get my buddy with guns but then got splashed by SAM before I could come to you...but another F5 crossed my path seconds after.

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

This.

And that's why Combined Arms operators don't have access to control these units to avoid having anyone exploiting that and hiding the units in tough places to find.

What I sometimes do is fly the Mi-8 (UH-1) and let the door-gunners find the targets themselves. Maybe not in the beginning, but certainly when you're looking for the last remaining units.

I had to fly circles around all the villages at the small lake so I would draw 50cal from the Abrams hid there. 

Putting them in dead ends and corners of three buildings isnt great sports imho. ^^