Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

EDIT:

Server's going back to the previous Open Beta version. The latest one is really causing trouble.

Aw, kinda like the new light/reflections in the game. Guess we'll wait for monday.

Are you trying to make a Six days war kind of mission?

I haven't seen the SAMs at red airbases but SA-2 would be nice to keep Mirages down.

Did you also remove the IR sensors to the mirage? Definitively not fitting the timeline.

Curious to try this out!

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

Aw, kinda like the new light/reflections in the game. Guess we'll wait for monday.

Are you trying to make a Six days war kind of mission?

I haven't seen the SAMs at red airbases but SA-2 would be nice to keep Mirages down.

Did you also remove the IR sensors to the mirage? Definitively not fitting the timeline.

Curious to try this out!

- Not trying to mimic anything really. It's not supposed to be the Six Days War.

- SAM sites are hidden on the map as well as other ground units. SAM SA-2 included.

- The DDM sensors on the Mirage are disabled.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

1- The server is now running on the previous Open Beta version: 2.5.5.41962

2- After testing the latest Open Beta version it was obvious that it caused some problems to some players.

3- The new mission Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi will be online tonight at exactly 1900 zulu time, right after the mission Two Towns.

4- If you already have updated your Open Beta to the latest version of 2.5.6.43453 and want to roll it back, then do the following:

* Press and hold the L Shift key then right click (mouse click) on the bin folder in DCS World Open Beta.

* Open CMD on that folder (depending on your Windows version. Simply google how to run CMD)

* Then type the following: DCS_updater.exe update 2.5.5.41962@openbeta

* Hit Enter

* That's it!

Let me know what you think of the new mission, please. All the bugs in it were fixed!

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

2- After testing the latest Open Beta version it was obvious that it caused some problems to some players.

3- The new mission Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi will be online tonight at exactly 1900 zulu time, right after the mission Two Towns.

4- If you already have updated your Open Beta to the latest version of 2.5.6.43453 and want to roll it back, then do the following:

* Press and hold the L Shift key then right click (mouse click) on the bin folder in DCS World Open Beta.

* Open CMD on that folder (depending on your Windows version. Simply google how to run CMD)

* Hit Enter

* That's it!

Let me know what you think of the new mission, please. All the bugs in it were fixed!

S!

Rolling back again :(

Server News:

* Hit Enter

* That's it!

S!

I will wait.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Unfortunately, the server just crashed. It happened a couple seconds after I had taken off from the Red airbase in the Abu Dhabi mission, but that was probably just a coincidence.

Server's back up!

* Just don't tell me there's a bug in the mission and it's causing the server to crash. I'd ****ing freak out :smilewink: took me about 12-14 hours to design the mission... Let's hope it runs smoothly now. Keep me updated, please.

S!

EDIT:

The mission ran smoothly yesterday and the server didn't crash. Fuuuiii... Thank God for that ;-)

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi update:

- Ground units (tanks) around bullseye will be at different positions every time the mission starts.

- Triggers were adapted for capturing and recapturing the 4 available airbases at the bullseye.

- The number of the available air defences Mi-8's and UH-1's can pick up is now limited to 24 units per coalition.

- Corrected AWACS flight path.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Will the server be updated or run on old version?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Well, it depends. Is the latest update better now? I'd hate to update the server then roll back shortly after. I'll wait until tomorrow and talk to other servers' admins. We'll see.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Todays Hotfix repaired mp memory leak..does that help at all?

Ok after some reading it sounds like no joy for 2.5.6...sigh

Edited by Pipe

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Can the Blue side F-5s in the PG mission be Saudi?

Sorry, buddy. Saudi Arabia wasn't added in the first place to the Blue coalition.

EDIT:

Working on a new mission in the PG already and Saudi Arabia wasn't added there too. Work started 3-4 days ago. Maybe next time.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I think there is a small mod out there where you can change coalitions after you started building the mission, its somewhere in the user files.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

I think there is a small mod out there where you can change coalitions after you started building the mission, its somewhere in the user files.

If you'd share it, then no problem.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

This used to be part of the default DCS before, or maybe part of FC2 or LOMAC, now it's suddenly not there, I wonder why

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Didn't work. When playing a unit, that unit simply doesn't appear anywhere. I'll post the issue in the original thread.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Looks like every time Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi goes online people just leave or a few even bother to join, although in the previous mission 30+ players were flying. Am I missing something? Is it the mission? The map?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments