TDC Slew Hotas

4 minutes ago, dporter22 said:

Yes, F-18 Sim.  Throttle Designator Controller - Horizonatal Axis and Throttle Designator Control - Vertical Axis are supposedly the correct names, but double clicking on the applicable box in the Throttle column and physically moving the mini joystick to assign the axis does not work.  The movement is not recognized and the control is not assigned.

You can assign a hat switch up/down/left/right to the TDC Slew function, but that doesn't allow diagonal movement in order to smoothly slew the TDC around.

In the A-10 module the mini joystick can be assigned and works perfectly for TGP/Mav/TDC Slew.

I thought maybe TDS Slew using a mini joystick hadn't been implemented in the F-18 yet, but previous posts say it has been.

Sorry, the link you included just takes me to a blank discord page.

Capture.JPG

Very odd.  I use the mini stick on my Warthog HOTAS for the Hornet, same input as what is used on the A10C (and F16C).  No idea why yours is not able to be assigned......

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

On 6/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, Neon67 said:

Hi guys

Is there a way to map the tdc slew the same way it works with the a10 and hotas warthog ?

Did you mention what type of joystick do you have? Sorry if I missed that, or if it is the TM HW, your question confused me a bit about it.

Edited by Razor18

CH Pro Throttle.

There are no conflicts, all the other axes can be assigned and work properly, all other buttons function properly, there are no error messages, I've tried clearing everything and started over, and the mini joystick works fine in the A-10.

The only thing I can think of is that ED hasn't implemented it in the F-18.

Edited by dporter22

Out of the DCS, does the mini stick works as a mouse emulator? Just because in this case maybe I would try the assignment as a mouse among the options listed earlier... Worth a shot at least, altough it is beyond me how the same mini loystick can work in one DCS modul and not the other... X-files...

IIRC you need to flex the stick to both EXTREMES of the axis (i.e. go right to the top AND right to the bottom for vertical axis) to get it to bind in F-18.  Or at least more than a small movement.  If that doesn't work, have you tried to see if you can assign the slew hat to a different axis?

14 hours ago, Ziptie said:

Very odd.  I use the mini stick on my Warthog HOTAS for the Hornet, same input as what is used on the A10C (and F16C).  No idea why yours is not able to be assigned......

Cheers,

Ziptie

I use the ministick on my Virpil CM3 Throttle, it assigns to the axis function for TDC slew nicely and it has a depress I assigned to TDC depress in the buttons assignment.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

4 hours ago, Razor18 said:

Out of the DCS, does the mini stick works as a mouse emulator? Just because in this case maybe I would try the assignment as a mouse among the options listed earlier... Worth a shot at least, altough it is beyond me how the same mini loystick can work in one DCS modul and not the other... X-files...

The TDC Slew Horizontal/Vertical (mouse) options are grayed out, you can't assign anything to them.

Edited by dporter22

2 hours ago, rob10 said:

IIRC you need to flex the stick to both EXTREMES of the axis (i.e. go right to the top AND right to the bottom for vertical axis) to get it to bind in F-18.  Or at least more than a small movement.  If that doesn't work, have you tried to see if you can assign the slew hat to a different axis?

Yes, I've moved the mini stick all around to the extremes.  I'm unable to assign the mini stick to any other axis in any module. 

Here's something very odd; I'm also unable to assign it to HOTAS Slew in the A-10C Game or A-10C II Game versions.  The mini stick is automatically recognized and assigned as HOTAS Slew only in the A-10C Real and A-10C II Real versions and doesn't work anywhere else.  I don't dare unassign it and risk losing the A-10 slew function if it won't reassign.

Have you tried manually selecting the axes rather than just moving the stick?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals