Statics on the Stennis

FOXFIRE TWOONE

Where in ME can one set/view the TACAN channel? I just can’t find it when looking at a copy of an Instant Actiion .miz.

You can add it under waypoint action -> execute command -> broadcast tacan action

The option is only visible on newer models. I tested with the 3rd party carrier and they don't have the option.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Ok thanks - I will create a new .miz and test it out.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to add some ground unit statics on the deck together with aircraft and some deck crew.

The only showing are the aircraft and the deck crew (which is a mod having the deck crew objects under the aircraft group). Any idea why the rest of the statics (such as some crates and GBU12 trolleys) are not showing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Here's a video showing how to get the 2d topdown images to show on the map to place static objects.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I tried to add some ground unit statics on the deck together with aircraft and some deck crew.

The only showing are the aircraft and the deck crew (which is a mod having the deck crew objects under the aircraft group). Any idea why the rest of the statics (such as some crates and GBU12 trolleys) are not showing?

AFAIK, Right now only Aircraft Link to the Deck as Statics, Ground Vehicles and Cargo dont

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

AFAIK, Right now only Aircraft Link to the Deck as Statics, Ground Vehicles and Cargo dont

Skate, thank you for the response. I was under the same impression as the items I was trying to place on Stennis do show normally on land airports/FARPS. Anyway, are there any plans to expand on the "clutter" on the carrier decks in future?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Tried that, but on my PC i don´t see the models... Still there´s only the pictogram of let´s say the Stennis... Any suggestions???

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Tried that, but on my PC i don´t see the models... Still there´s only the pictogram of let´s say the Stennis... Any suggestions???

You have to modify the file directly in DCS folder. Not within the saved game for this case. The modification will be overwritten every time you update.

Please not that on my system, it takes at least 3-5min depending on mission for ME to load. Don't know why, but it appears to be loading from all objects this.

Works only with static objects!

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Posted by Highwayman-ED:-

Is the 2d view active in last weeks on release? Do you have to do anything to use it?

You need to edit line 8 of the MissionEditor.lua file in the DCS\Mission Editor folder and remove the comment lines ( -- ) from the beginning of the line. Make sure to use a proper tool for this like Notepad ++

How I place static a/c on stennis

First you must edit mission editor lua as stated earlier in thread. Then in me, place carrier on map where desired. Zoom in until you see like below. Add player a/c to deck, save mission. Go back in place all a/c with livery you want too the map next to carrier save mission again. Open, select one a/c at a time, make sure the offset box is checked and it is linked to your player or #001, it will snap to position of player, I found, to avoid some frustration is to save again, then go go back in and move that a/c to desired position and direction save again, view to make sure your a happy with placement. Repeat the same with all a/c until done. Happy build.

Screen_180622_122059.thumb.png.42de4d984a7c795de71d42fb5ebbb891.png

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles