scenery file v1.2 Beta

666th_birdy

....I will post a beta release (v1.2) for LOFC soon.

Ever since I saw some photo's on www.airliners.net of Adler airport I had plans to work on a new scenery version. I've finaly found some time and this (beta) version v1.2 that I'm about to release has over 150 objects added to the town of Adler.

Furthermore an army base was added to the unpopulated part of the Ukrain and I started to work on a highway airstrip.

Now before you start moaning about FPS, it's not that bad (only takes up an extra 1-2). Just remember that the final version (v2.0) will be a Black Shark version and you need a fast PC for that to run anyway.

I'm still finishing up some details but I didn't want to keep you from some previews:

Adler:

screenshot036ij9.th.jpg screenshot037by0.th.jpg screenshot040fe0.th.jpg

airstrip:

screenshot042cz2.th.jpg screenshot044zm1.th.jpg screenshot043qg5.th.jpg

Army base & forest:

screenshot048rg7.th.jpg

• Like 4

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

cool mod Birdy:thumbup: I've been using your ab mod already and it's really good.

BTW Why you've put Tu-22M3 on taxiway at Khersones airstrip? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

I have no reason to believe the structure of the scenery file in BS is any different than FC.

The BS scenery file will be converted into a workable txt file and my objects are simply added. After that the txt file will be compiled back into a scn file and you're ready to go.

Please report any bugs or even requests.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Cool. i'll definitally get this soon when i finaly get my somewhat decent rig. (like cali)

So, i was confused... you basically created another airport... will this be seen as another airport on the mission editor map, or can you just land there. Also, right now you can't taxi on grass. is this changed on your mod?

I'm looking forward to it!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

He said highway airstrip, so I am guessing he chose a long straight bit of road as the runway. I can recall years ago landing on a road a little North of Krasnodar and there was a circular road junction so I could turn round without ever going offroad and then takeoff again. Maybe Birdy has found something similar somewhere else....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Yes, that's what it looked like.

Birdy, is there any way to change some config file so that this airstrip can be used just like a regular airport? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I know nothing about programing.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Oke, the Beta v1.2 is available in the download section of http://www.666th.co.uk/

This Beta version is intended to be used with my previous version "Scenery mod Merzifon v1.1"

allready installed via ModMan.

The high.scn file in this package should simply be copied into your lockon\bazar\terrain\scenes folder (overwrite the high.scn file present).

If you use this mod without my previous scenery mod, operations at Merzifon or Razdonolye airbase will be funny (but beside that it's possible to use this Beta).

Make sure you backup the orginal high.scn in case no other scenery mods are allready installed.

airportadlerwy3.th.jpg adler1ox1.th.jpg

Adler IRL.

@Aeroscout: The airstrip is just a piece of straight road. I can not adjust LockoN to use it as a 'regular' airport. Taxiing on the grass still is a no go.

Bare in mind that it's a first try and not finished yet.

Have fun flying and feedback is welcome

• 2 months later...

@ Mr Birdy

Could You prepare such 3D object like seen here behind the Sukhoi?

open.file?id=0645246&size=L&width=1024&height=715&sok=JURER%20%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20yvxr%20%27Fhxubv%25%27%29%20NAQ%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20%21%3D%20%27Fhxubv%20Fh-47%20Orexhg%20%28F-37%29%27%29%20NAQ%20%28pbhagel%20%3D%20%27Ehffvn%27%29%20%20beqre%20ol%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=300

The thrust deflector I have in mind

OR/AND not so long mound of soil which can be placed behind parking area. If placing them overlaped in bigger number I could get lenght of mound I need for different parking area. This might be used also as thrust deflectors.

Is there also possibility to remodel road to add telephone line posts?

Hmmm i missed this beta 1.2 mod when it got released back in april, i've just checked the 666th website link and download section, but have failed to locate the download :huh: any chance of getting it from another source? i'd like to try this out, especially in conjunction with Teka's tree mod :)

@ Mr Birdy

Could You prepare such 3D object like seen here behind the Sukhoi?

open.file?id=0645246&size=L&width=1024&height=715&sok=JURER%20%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20yvxr%20%27Fhxubv%25%27%29%20NAQ%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20%21%3D%20%27Fhxubv%20Fh-47%20Orexhg%20%28F-37%29%27%29%20NAQ%20%28pbhagel%20%3D%20%27Ehffvn%27%29%20%20beqre%20ol%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=300

The thrust deflector I have in mind

OR/AND not so long mound of soil which can be placed behind parking area. If placing them overlaped in bigger number I could get lenght of mound I need for different parking area. This might be used also as thrust deflectors.

Is there also possibility to remodel road to add telephone line posts?

Just to be clear, I don't create or modify models/objects. I only put them in the scenery.

Hi Birdy,

I'm unable to locate this mod! It's just not there...There's just A-10 Sudak castle mission available for DL :(

So it seems....Will get it fixed

Thanks Birdy!

I hope you have some readme file included in Beta1.2 that might explain things I'd like to ask.

I use Merzifon v1.1 mod but also a High scenery file. This one:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=445#dl

So does the Beta1.2 update current Lockon-FC_high-scenery_mod_vs1-1.zip.

I ask 'cause I wouldn't wanna lose addtional objects included in that scenery file like that eastern AB and adtional trees and buildings.

THX!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All 1.1 versions are the same allthough one doesn't mention 'Merzifon' in the file name.

If you have installed v1.1 (Merzifon) using ModMan, you can simply overwrite all *.scn files of more recent beta-versions.

Note that the current released versions all use the standard LOFC objects and modding other files is therefor not necessary.

With upcoming versions however, the scenery file will contain 3rd party objects that must be installed before. I will probably include them in the ModMan zip-file aswell just to be sure.

what I"m trying to say is that in the future simply overwriting old *.scn files is not enough to get the most out of a new scenery version.

I hope I've answered your question. If not, just hollar.

PS: funny you mention the 'eastern airvbase' since I planned to delete it from new releases. Guess I should leave it in then.

• Like 1

Do not remove that airbase, It may not be reallistic but I use it as a Bombing range. It's far from populated areas and has a lot of cheap vehicles to smash including that broken Su-25 hidden in the trees.

:thumbup:

With upcoming versions however, the scenery file will contain 3rd party objects that must be installed before. I will probably include them in the ModMan zip-file aswell just to be sure.

So you'll make a MoDMaN file that contains all 3rd party 3D objects along with your scenery mod?!

Way to go!

Here's some rep again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Birdy, okay, thanks for that.

Thinking aloud here, if you can put stuff into the scenery I assume you could take existing stuff out as well ? I have often thought some of the embedded objects are badly placed, especially around the airfields, and I would like to move things around, try to make it look better, if that is at all possible.

Where is that data kept and how easy is it to do, would I need any special tools etc.