[FIXED] AJS-37 Viggen Crash to desktop

will-

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add something that might help.

If I don´t use the radar at all the first time I fly I can start the mission again without CTD.

At least as I don´t use the radar the second time.

But if I turn on the radar it CTD immediately.

Best regards,

M

Its unusable at the moment, only good for one mission then the ctd,

they need to remove the viggen from sale until its fixed

You know that it is in early access, right?

No need to remove that from sales then, because things like that we just have to deal with if we bought it in early access.

Developers know this is bad, I'm sure of that, and they are working on finding the problem.

I wouldn't say its unusable though, even though very annoying to have to close DCS every time after each mission.

/M

You know that it is in early access, right?

No need to remove that from sales then, because things like that we just have to deal with if we bought it in early access.

Developers know this is bad, I'm sure of that, and they are working on finding the problem.

I wouldn't say its unusable though, even though very annoying to have to close DCS every time after each mission.

/M

It is buggy for sure. If it's constantly crashing to desktop then it surely is. Good thing is, that they are working on it so I guess this one will be tackled soon. And then hopefully further enhancements will come too.

Edited by Spathiphyllum

Good to hear :thumbup:

May I ask what the issue was, just out of curiosity?

Since I was a programmer a longer time ago, I would also be highly interested in knowing a little about this "beast"! :megalol: *SWAT*

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Pardon me but i must ask, when can we expect this fix to be released?

Wednesday or Friday, or later?

Also will that be for both versions of DCS World?

And yes, i would love to know what caused the problem, IF you can share that with us and it is not under some NDA.

I believe we were overzealous in our attempts to clean up memory states on unloading of the aircraft, causing memory issues when jumping back in a Viggen. This is something that we've been working on lately.

Ragnarda may share more detail later :)

Ok, thanks for the info :thumbup:

Best regards,

M

I believe we were overzealous in our attempts to clean up memory states on unloading of the aircraft, causing memory issues when jumping back in a Viggen. This is something that we've been working on lately.

Ragnarda may share more detail later :)

Nice!! Good to hear that you guys were able to sort that one out so quickly :thumbup:

I have never started DCS that often since i got the viggen on sale last week :megalol:

BTW - big thanks to HB for this awesome module - despite some little animation stuff in the cockpit and the ctd bug - the viggen definetly stole all the stick time of the hornet...got me totally hooked.

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Here’s a summary of the issues we where able replicate and fix:

- Random CTD happening at any point after when there is a radar transmitter in the mission and after you either set the mode-switch to BER or shut off the electricity (Caused by ELINT-code writing to file).

- Random CTD when crashing hard into the ground.

- Random exiting DCS when respawning.

- CTD when activating radar display (either through A1 or A2 or through LANDNAV-mode) and then respawning (possibly needing to activate display again).

Two of the issues where caused when trying to ensure code-robustness (ie memory clean-up Cobra mentioned) so it’s doubly unfortunate it hade the opposite effect.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Here’s a summary of the issues we where able replicate and fix:

- Random CTD happening at any point after when there is a radar transmitter in the mission and after you either set the mode-switch to BER or shut off the electricity (Caused by ELINT-code writing to file).

- Random CTD when crashing hard into the ground.

- Random exiting DCS when respawning.

- CTD when activating radar display (either through A1 or A2 or through LANDNAV-mode) and then respawning (possibly needing to activate display again).

Two of the issues where caused when trying to ensure code-robustness (ie memory clean-up Cobra mentioned) so it’s doubly unfortunate it hade the opposite effect.

Thanx for the info!

About the Elint writing to file, I haven't seem to get the kneeboard update the Elint page after landing.

Could that be because of this issue too?

Might be user error on my part though, thats why I'm asking.

And I also can't seem to see the kneeboard page with the ground info settings and the cartridge.

Is this also related or maybe something else?

Best regards,

M

AJS-37 Viggen Crash to desktop

The ground info page was accidentally deleted in one release but is back in (in our version). To get the ELINT-info to display you also need to be standing still on the ground + BER-mode. Haven’t checked if there is a problem with that as well but I think it should be pretty unrelated to the issue that was now fixed.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

The ground info page was accidentally deleted in one release but is back in (in our version). To get the ELINT-info to display you also need to be standing still on the ground + BER-mode. Haven’t checked if there is a problem with that as well but I think it should be pretty unrelated to the issue that was now fixed.

Thanx for the quick response! :thumbup:

I´ll try to make sure to set to BER-mode and see if it works.

Will the ground page get back in the hot fix as well or later in a regular update?

Thanx again for an amazing module! :pilotfly:

Best regards,

M