Track record issue

djcat

Hi,

I just made my 1st successful hornet carrier landing on DCS 2.5 openbeta with Windows 7 and saved the track.

However when I replay it, the hornet just crashes into the sea several tens of meter away from the carrier. :badmood:

I'm not sure if it's a DCS or Hornet bug, and the track file is attached for your reference.

Regards,

David

1st Landing.trk

Edited by djcat

It's bugged since... the feature was implemented.

I never use it.

Not since the feature was implemented in my case. It was working very well for me from onset but after the very first Hornet update, then issues as aircraft falling into the sea started.

In any case, it sure seems bugged.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

There needs to be a sticky about this. The Hornet replays are only bugged if, at any point during your mission, you come to a stop on the carrier. This includes carrier starts, or landing on the carrier, taxiing to the cat, and launching off for another circuit.

If you fly from land you will not have track replay issues. I have recorded hours of footage doing touch and goes on the carrier, starting from a land base.

There's definately issues going on as soon as a carrier is involved actively. But also, it's generally a bad idea to make use of any time functions, including pause. at least I can count on broken tracks when for example having looked up a keybinding in SP which pauses the sim. Not doing so results in most of the tracks actually being decent.

And, most notably, stutters occuring anywhere definately have an impact on the precision of track recording. If it stutters, you can clearly expect broken tracks, especially the long ones. Wouldn't even call that a real bug, it just gets out of sync due to the micro freezes which adds up with time.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg