SuperKungFu

EricJ

I got a modded nomera.tga file... but I may have to rename it as -8 since that's the texture number. If you can that's cool, if not, then I'll redo it with the correct number.

As for Lockonfiles? No, since it's a custom skin, I tend not to do that sort of thing with them.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I also want to extend my thanks to EricJ. Awesome work. Btw, now that SKF mentions it, is it possible to have a nomera file but one particular number doesn't work. For example the #9, if we type that in, the number doesn't show up on the plane, but all the rest of the number will work. That way, we can keep the numbers for the rest of the regular aircraft, and put on the blank number when we fly with this skin. Is it possible to create this?

I also want to extend my thanks to EricJ. Awesome work. Btw, now that SKF mentions it, is it possible to have a nomera file but one particular number doesn't work. For example the #9, if we type that in, the number doesn't show up on the plane, but all the rest of the number will work. That way, we can keep the numbers for the rest of the regular aircraft, and put on the blank number when we fly with this skin. Is it possible to create this?

The way I understand the numbering system with LOMAC, is that there are two "slots" for the same file. So going along with your "9" example, all there would be is like... 1-8, 10, 11-18, 20, 21-28, etc. Or, you'll never see 9 again per your idea. If that doesn't bother you... well yeah it can be done. However, I accidentally deleted my "virgin" nomera.tga file last night, so if anybody has one....?

And thanks again :D

All, unless you use a hex editor for specifically each type.

nomeraminus9.zip

• Like 1

ref nomera file

dear ,

how do i install this nomera file (i want to get rid of the numbering on this russian knights early scheme only !)

i tried modman , but numbers still on top of the beautiful russian air force flag on the tails !!! 8-)

very frustrating !!!! :helpsmilie:

thanks for info - brgds - maks :smilewink:

Absolutely beautiful :thumbup:

Very nice work, everyone, give this man some rep. Do you plan to upload it to lockonfiles?

P.S.: is there a mod you use that gets rid of the aircraft number so it won't cover up the russian knights symbol?

I'm not using any custom skins at the moment but I'm giving EricJ some rep for taking some time to help you. Outstanding skin! :thumbup:

[URL="http://www.s77th.com"][/URL]

dear ,

how do i install this nomera file (i want to get rid of the numbering on this russian knights early scheme only !)

i tried modman , but numbers still on top of the beautiful russian air force flag on the tails !!! 8-)

very frustrating !!!! :helpsmilie:

thanks for info - brgds - maks :smilewink:

Just throw it into your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Bazar\TempTextures folder, and to get rid of the number, just type in 9 under the loadout screen (the place where you can select your aircraft number).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, just wanted to bump this back up. On the subject of the nomera file, I want the number 9 to be invisable to the other skins as well. I noticed the one EricJ made works nicely for the Russian Knights skin he created, but as for other skins, it uses the Red numbers instead of the blue one. So it can't be erased by typing in 9, is it possible for someone to give me another file that affects the red number system and make the number 9 invisible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry, just wanted to bump this back up. On the subject of the nomera file, I want the number 9 to be invisable to the other skins as well. I noticed the one EricJ made works nicely for the Russian Knights skin he created, but as for other skins, it uses the Red numbers instead of the blue one. So it can't be erased by typing in 9, is it possible for someone to give me another file that affects the red number system and make the number 9 invisible.

Use the high-res numbers created by =FV=MAD.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=18688&highlight=FV+marks%26amp%3Bnumbers

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

thanks but I've tried a lot of nomera files and the one I'm currently using, which you can find above under the attachments from EricJ, looks the best on my screen. So I'm just going to stick with that, i just want to make the #9 for all colors, blue, white, and red numbers to be transparent. That way, when I load up a skin that already have markings on it, the number won't block it. I chose the #9 since i use that the less frequent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... i just want to make the #9 for all colors, blue, white, and red numbers to be transparent. That way, when I load up a skin that already have markings on it, the number won't block it. I chose the #9 since i use that the less frequent.

Yeah I thought you could just edit =FV=MAD's mod, removing the number 9 from all the nomera files he has put up for download. As long as you don't put them up for download I don't think he'd mind you making a minor adjustment for your own personal use :smilewink: .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

yea the problem is i don't know how to make it transparent. If i just black it out, then the numbers will have a black square over it. I dunno how ericJ did it, if i view it in photoshop, it doesn't show any changes to the original nomera file. But in game, it will be invisable when i set the flight number as 9.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You editing the Alpha Channel layer right? Or are you just editing the texture portion?

Okay, no probs. Just open the Layers window, you'll see a tab called "channels". You'll see "Alpha" and it'll show the transparent areas as white. Select the Alpha layer, find the 9, and use a black colored brush to "erase" it out (White is the "active" portion of the alpha layer). Back it up first of course then save. Go in the sim and it should work.

• Like 1

cheers thanks, i'll try that out.

Edit: hmm, well i did edit the alpha channel like you said, but its still visable in game when i type in 9. Is the nomera file the only one that contains the aircraft number for the russian aircraft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]