NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Still having trouble attaching my custom model on an adapter. My current code is shown below with some comments.

-- ACMI POD
local pods_data = {
   ["AN-95"]   = { name = "AN/APX-95", mass = "10", ShapeName = "an_apx_95", wsType = {4, 15, 47, 108}, Cx = 0.0019, picture = "ais-pod-t50.png"},
}

local function LAU7(CLSID, element)
   local variant = pods_data[element]
   local var_mass = variant.mass or 85.5
   local data = {
       category        = CAT_PODS,
       CLSID           = CLSID,
       Picture         = variant.picture,
       displayName     = "LAU-7 "..variant.name,
       wsTypeOfWeapon  = variant.wsType,
       attribute       = {wsType_Weapon,wsType_GContainer,wsType_Support,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER}, -- no model loaded
       -- attribute       = {4,4,32,50}, -- T-50 loads with pylon
       -- attribute       = {4,4,32,111}, -- T-50 loads with pylon
       -- attribute       = {4,4,32,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER}, -- T-50 loads with pylon
       Cx_pil          = variant.Cx,
       Count           = 1,
       Weight          = 15 + var_mass,
       Elements        = 
       {
           { ShapeName = "aero-3b",            IsAdapter       = true },
           { ShapeName = variant.ShapeName,    connector_name  = "Point"}
       }
   }
   declare_loadout(data)
end

LAU7("{AN/APX-95}", "AN-95")

I think the issue here is having to use declare_weapon() to declare my acmi pod before being able to attach it to the adaptor.

Unfortunately, it looks like it might not be possible as looking in db_mods.lua shows this. This would cause issues as the add_shape_table() isn't called when declaring a CAT_PODS.

function declare_weapon(tbl)
elseif tbl.category == CAT_FUEL_TANKS or
	   tbl.category == CAT_PODS then
	 -- nothing todo
end

I might spend some time looking further into the DCS code but my hopes are not high. The T-50 pod is coded via the ContainerTable.sht and third-party pods are not attached via adapters. So maybe that feature just doesn't yet exist.

If you dont want to use tables, then use the simpler method, also, the last number should be WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER as well I believe and not 108. I think I had that issue when doing ATFLIR for my Super Hornet.

So:

local LAU7_mass = 40.8233
local ANAPX95_MASS = 32.6587

declare_loadout({
category		=	CAT_PODS,
CLSID			= 	"{LAU7_AN_APX_95}", 
Picture			=	"ais-pod-t50.png.",
wsTypeOfWeapon	=	{wsType_Weapon,wsType_GContainer,wsType_Support,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER}, 
displayName		=	_("LAU117C - 1x AGM-65F"),
attribute		=	{4,	15,	47,	WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER},
Cx_pil			=	0.001,
Count			=	1,
Weight			=	LAU7_MASS + ANAPX95_MASS,
Elements	=	
{
		{	ShapeName	=	"LAU7_SHAPE"	  ,	IsAdapter  	=   true  }, 
		{	ShapeName	=	"ANAPX95_SHAPE"	  ,	connector_name =  "Point01"},
}, -- end of Elements
})

Make Sure the LAU Unit has a Connector for "Point01" at the LAU Attachment point for Stores.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If you dont want to use tables, then use the simpler method, also, the last number should be WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER as well I believe and not 108. I think I had that issue when doing ATFLIR for my Super Hornet.

There's a simpler method? I forgot to mention when i use wsTypeOfWeapon = {4, 15, 47, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER} and load mission editor, I guess a bunch of errors. Looks like the wsTypeOfWeapon errored out trying to convert the string to a type number. It seems to only happen for CAT_PODS for me. I'm still trying to trace the stack.

[16124] 2019-04-03 23:44:30.434 DEBUG   LuaGUI: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Database/db_main.lua"]:9: bad argument #5 to 'format' (number expected, got string)
[16124] GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[16124]  [C]: ?
[16124]  [C]: in function 'format'
[16124]  [string "./Scripts/Database/db_main.lua"]:9: in function 'wsTypeToString'
[16124]  [string "Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua"]:187: in function 'collect'
[16124]  [string "Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua"]:207: in function 'collect_available_weapon_resources_wstype'
[16124]  [string "Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua"]:220: in function 'collect_available_weapon_resources'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:7111: in function 'fillWarehouse'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:7133: in function 'createAirportEquipment'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1864: in function 'createMapElements'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_map_window.lua"]:547: in function 'createMap'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_map_window.lua"]:3452: in function 'show'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_autobriefing.lua"]:745: in function 'func'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_wait_screen.lua"]:72: in function 'updater'
[16124]  [string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>
[16124] stack traceback:

local LAU7_mass = 40.8233
local ANAPX95_MASS = 32.6587

declare_loadout({
category		=	CAT_PODS,
CLSID			= 	"{LAU7_AN_APX_95}", 
Picture			=	"ais-pod-t50.png.",
wsTypeOfWeapon	=	{wsType_Weapon,wsType_GContainer,wsType_Support,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER}, 
displayName		=	_("LAU117C - 1x AGM-65F"),
attribute		=	{4,	15,	47,	WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER},
Cx_pil			=	0.001,
Count			=	1,
Weight			=	LAU7_MASS + ANAPX95_MASS,
Elements	=	
{
		{	ShapeName	=	"LAU7_SHAPE"	  ,	IsAdapter  	=   true  }, 
		{	ShapeName	=	"ANAPX95_SHAPE"	  ,	connector_name =  "Point01"},
}, -- end of Elements
})

Make Sure the LAU Unit has a Connector for "Point01" at the LAU Attachment point for Stores.

I was using "Point" as I checked in model editor for the name of the connector on the aero-3b model, shouldn't that be the case? I noticed you kept referring to it as LAU7_SHAPE, I checked DCS and I couldn't find an existing model named LAU7. Are you thinking I've already modelled a LAU-7? I'm trying to use the exist aero-3b shape in DCS.

I installed the MOD and it works great. The only issue I am having is that I can only see 2 Skins.. Argentine Navy 309 and Brazilian (something or other)

I see that there are dozens of skins in the mod but I cannot get them to show up..

Maybe you need to change the COUNTRY in the mission editor.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

There's a simpler method? I forgot to mention when i use wsTypeOfWeapon = {4, 15, 47, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER} and load mission editor, I guess a bunch of errors. Looks like the wsTypeOfWeapon errored out trying to convert the string to a type number. It seems to only happen for CAT_PODS for me. I'm still trying to trace the stack.

[16124] 2019-04-03 23:44:30.434 DEBUG   LuaGUI: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Database/db_main.lua"]:9: bad argument #5 to 'format' (number expected, got string)
[16124] GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[16124]  [C]: ?
[16124]  [C]: in function 'format'
[16124]  [string "./Scripts/Database/db_main.lua"]:9: in function 'wsTypeToString'
[16124]  [string "Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua"]:187: in function 'collect'
[16124]  [string "Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua"]:207: in function 'collect_available_weapon_resources_wstype'
[16124]  [string "Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua"]:220: in function 'collect_available_weapon_resources'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:7111: in function 'fillWarehouse'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:7133: in function 'createAirportEquipment'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1864: in function 'createMapElements'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_map_window.lua"]:547: in function 'createMap'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_map_window.lua"]:3452: in function 'show'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_autobriefing.lua"]:745: in function 'func'
[16124]  [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_wait_screen.lua"]:72: in function 'updater'
[16124]  [string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>
[16124] stack traceback:

I was using "Point" as I checked in model editor for the name of the connector on the aero-3b model, shouldn't that be the case? I noticed you kept referring to it as LAU7_SHAPE, I checked DCS and I couldn't find an existing model named LAU7. Are you thinking I've already modelled a LAU-7? I'm trying to use the exist aero-3b shape in DCS.

I was under the impression you made a LAU7 SHAPE.

I will try some things on my end and report back

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I downloaded the most recent version and am now unable to map my rudder. Anyone else have this issue? If so how was it corrected?

Thanks!!

~Rob

Delete your whole A-4E-C file then apply the new version.

Wilco, thank you Tirak!

~Rob

Actually, all you should need to do is delete the rudder axis assignments and restart. You’ll only need to delete the whole folder unless the issue persists. I had that same issue in one of the test buils and that changed solved it.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Hmmmm , external audio is a bit of a disappointment , looks as if its using the base line su25 package but with some kind of weird volume stuff going on so not much scope for custom sounds , shame as I really like this little bird.

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Awesome. Do you all need help with any sound effects? I am acquiring a number of A-4 parts and can record all the sounds of switches and rotaries toggling on real A-4 panels. I just got this AFCS panel in.

Hmmm.. I'm having trouble seeing the images in your posts.

Can't see the images either.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I don't want to trawl through 100 pages for the answer, so Ill ask again and for forgiveness. When I try to fly the A-4, the camera angle is completely off and changes every time I try a start. The camera controls don't seem to work and it doesn't respond to TrackHat input either. Is this a known bug or have I done/ done something?

Screen_190413_214635.thumb.png.c75ea292b2f94a402b36c289f4e53aa3.png

Edited by Cdodders

I don't want to trawl through 100 pages for the answer, so Ill ask again and for forgiveness. When I try to fly the A-4, the camera angle is completely off and changes every time I try a start. The camera controls don't seem to work and it doesn't respond to TrackHat input either. Is this a known bug or have I done/ done something?

Unfortunately its a known bug we've had since we started development. We've never quite been able to figure out the source, and thus have no way to solve it other than restarting. However, I do know that the most common causation is flying a different aircraft before flying the A-4 in the same "session". Sorry we can't be of much help, sadly restarting is the only remedy

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Is this in VR or just TrackIR? If its non-VR, look into your "A4E-C/Input" folder and see if you still have a folder labelled "headtracker" or "trackir".

z6ywSW.jpg

HFyP9Z.jpg

SeB8bD.jpg

I have consolidated this all to a single post rather than chasing down the old ones. I an in the process of building an A-4 Skyhawk simpit your modification. I think the image problem is now fixed.

Do you guys want me to record the sounds of switches and rotaries being moved so you may use them in your mod? In the coming months I will be acquiring more real A-4 Skyhawk hardware for my build.

In addition I hope in the future we will have some method of extracting the radar screen from the game so I may use my real radar bezel and superimposition in from of an LCD monitor.

I got a AFCS, Radar Screen, and an F-4? TACAN that uses the same hardware.

Instruments exports?

Hi,

Has anyone tried exporting instruments (multi monitor MFCDs) or even tried Helios/Ikarus with this mod?

I'm new to DCS, so is it even possible with A4E to have something like that? Eg. for stock su25t you can have shkval exported as MFCD screen and you even have Helios profile for that aircraft.

Thanks and keep up, great work!

ground power

Hi, I'm using A-4 version 1.3, caucasus map only and FC3. Ground power doesn't work; menu works, but doesn't came the yellow pod and ground crew don't respond to my call.

Suggestions?

Nice work BTW!!

Edited by airwolfmutley