NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

quick tech support for 1.3

If your'e blowing up on the ramp: it's due to a current DCS bug in this patch!

This has already been fixed in the recent openbeta, so we hope and expect the next DCS patch will solve this issue for those of you on the stable release when the game gets an the tomcat-related patch late this week.

If you are having trouble binding your throttle or other axes:

This issue seems to happen most often for users who are upgrading from older patches of the A-4E-C.

Delete the contents of the "saved games/dcs/config/input/A-4E-C" folder, and you should be good to go!

Thanks for the support, all!

Edited by plusnine

If you are having trouble binding your throttle or other axes:

This issue seems to happen most often for users who are upgrading from older patches of the A-4E-C.

Delete the contents of the "saved games/dcs/config/input/A-4E-C" folder, and you should be good to go!

thanks for the info. is there a file that saves one's keybinds so when we delete the old A4 and install the new one we don't have to set everything up again?

thanks again!

thanks for the info. is there a file that saves one's keybinds so when we delete the old A4 and install the new one we don't have to set everything up again?

thanks again!

As long as you don’t perform that step you quoted, your keybinds will not be deleted.

Just installed the new version. Will test this evening. What a marvelous little gem you have created! Thank you guys!

will be definitely a blast to fly this together with the F-14 :D

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

Thanks for the update,

Question: Anyone else experience deck sliding on the carrier?

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I’ve updated my guide with some stuff for v1.3 especially the new carrier catapult procedures and weapon updates. Look for the 1.3 tag on the left side of the pages. I’ll be updating my guide in the days to come.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit?usp=sharing

I can't take off from the carrier. I have tried "Ship Take Off Position" but it doesn't hook me up in any way and, ummmm....' there is no "Catapult/Catapult ready" (default “LeftAlt + 1”) or "Catapult/Catapult abort" (default “LeftAlt + 3”) in the A-4E-C controls lsiting.

Is there a secret something?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Sideways or forward and backwards.

Forward and backwards, have to keep the brake on or else I'll roll off the back of the deck.

Even when the carrier is set to 0 knts

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

The backwards roll is intentional, that's why the wheel chocks were added in.

Ow ok, thanks for the reply, but the thing is if roll back to much when i spawn on the cat, i can't seem to get hooked in anymore?

I'm pretty sure im on the right spot but i keep getting the message "you are not close enough to any catapult"

I 've set the carrier like described in the manual that heclak posted.

here's a pic:

a4-e.jpg

Spoiler

I can't take off from the carrier. I have tried "Ship Take Off Position" but it doesn't hook me up in any way and, ummmm....' there is no "Catapult/Catapult ready" (default “LeftAlt + 1”) or "Catapult/Catapult abort" (default “LeftAlt + 3”) in the A-4E-C controls lsiting.

Is there a secret something?

Sounds like your update isn't correct. Did you delete your A-4E folder then reinstall the entire module when updating?

Forward and backwards, have to keep the brake on or else I'll roll off the back of the deck.

Even when the carrier is set to 0 knts

There's no friction/ funny wheel physics when on the carrier so wheel brakes and chocks are the solutions right now. After spawning, hold down the wheel brakes while getting the ground crew to places the chocks. We're constantly looking for ways to improve it though so we'll improve it if/when we can.

thanks heclak. for the axis rebinds, do we just delete the assignment and then add them again?

Detailed truth is you only need to rebind if 1) you manually bound your throttles in a previous version 2) you currently have problems with the throttle.

The easiest solution is to just delete your keybinds and rebind them. Although if you can bind your throttle to the new "Throttle Axis" then you should be golden. When all else fails, just delete your keybinds folder and start again (i know it hurts for some people but its the easiest solution)

Ow ok, thanks for the reply, but the thing is if roll back to much when i spawn on the cat, i can't seem to get hooked in anymore?

I'm pretty sure im on the right spot but i keep getting the message "you are not close enough to any catapult"

I 've set the carrier like described in the manual that heclak posted.

My guess is you've set up your carrier incorrectly. Look at my guide for the carrier criteria again. You've probably not followed:

1. The Stennis must be in its own group with no other ships
  2. The carrier may have only one waypoint and must drive with a constant speed and the speed must be greater than zero. (check the speed on both waypoints, they must be the same)

Detailed truth is you only need to rebind if 1) you manually bound your throttles in a previous version 2) you currently have problems with the throttle.

The easiest solution is to just delete your keybinds and rebind them. Although if you can bind your throttle to the new "Throttle Axis" then you should be golden. When all else fails, just delete your keybinds folder and start again (i know it hurts for some people but its the easiest solution)

thank you good sir! i didn't manually bind them before so i'll give it a shot tonight.

My guess is you've set up your carrier incorrectly. Look at my guide for the carrier criteria again. You've probably not followed:

1. The Stennis must be in its own group with no other ships
  2. The carrier may have only one waypoint and must drive with a constant speed and the speed must be greater than zero. (check the speed on both waypoints, they must be the same)

I'm stupid and indeed made the error of not having both waypoint and carrier at the same speed, thanks Heclak!

Amazing update btw, the ecm sounds/warnings are so awesome!

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Can't seem to find the A4 anywhere in DCS.

I..did put it in the correct folder right?:

Do you have more than one DCS folder in your Saved Games folder? If you're on the beta branch it should be something like dcsworldbeta. If so, try placing it in there.

Do you have more than one DCS folder in your Saved Games folder? If you're on the beta branch it should be something like dcsworldbeta. If so, try placing it in there.

Only a DCS_AJS37 folder which is empty.

And Falcon 4, Elite Dangerous, Kingdom Come, and Strikefighters 2 folders.

My skins: https://tiny.cc/m0j0NL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I try binding the "Zoom View" axis, the module bugs up and crashes at the first loading screen! :S

Can anyone reproduce this? I'm binding it to an X-55 throttle Z-axis, I'll try some other things now.

edit: had the same issue trying to bind the lighting axis. Flight axes give no problems.

Edited by Galf

If I try binding the "Zoom View" axis, the module bugs up and crashes at the first loading screen! :S

Can anyone reproduce this? I'm binding it to an X-55 throttle Z-axis, I'll try some other things now.

edit: had the same issue trying to bind the lighting axis. Flight axes give no problems.

That’s weird. Can you provide your dcs log file?

Can't seem to find the A4 anywhere in DCS.

I..did put it in the correct folder right?:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

make sure it's in the Open Beta;)

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼