THE SERPENTS HEAD F18C CAMPAIGN

Badger633

On 5/21/2021 at 4:31 AM, pete_auau said:

you need  to  get  to the  base  as  fast  as  you can 🙂

Yes I flew full afterburner...As I wrote I managed it behind Kutaisi (8+nm). Next time I try to drop the ordnance as well. BTW I checked the Tacview, and the Hawk shooted just one rocket. Whish me more luck for the next time 🙂 
BTW Here is my attempts to track the target. Am I doing it in the right way or it's really just a bug? There are bookmark at the timeline. 

3 hours ago, RoGaR said:

Yes I flew full afterburner...As I wrote I managed it behind Kutaisi (8+nm). Next time I try to drop the ordnance as well. BTW I checked the Tacview, and the Hawk shooted just one rocket. Whish me more luck for the next time 🙂 
BTW Here is my attempts to track the target. Am I doing it in the right way or it's really just a bug? There are bookmark at the timeline. 

What version of DCS are you using? Just set it up in the latest open beta and the SAMs shot all the Migs down. I am aware there was a DCS bug at some time where they only shot one down that's why I ask if you are playing DCS stable. The TGP lock should work once again maybe a DCS bug as not a campaign scripting issue . Have not tried it yet but will check out in latest open beta and let you know.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

1 hour ago, Badger633 said:

What version of DCS are you using? Just set it up in the latest open beta and the SAMs shot all the Migs down. I am aware there was a DCS bug at some time where they only shot one down that's why I ask if you are playing DCS stable. The TGP lock should work once again maybe a DCS bug as not a campaign scripting issue . Have not tried it yet but will check out in latest open beta and let you know.

Badger633

I play latest OB. As you can see in the second video, the litening pod works more like an ATFLIR. It came with latest OB.
Here I attached my Tacview file 🙂 I will give it to another try today. I would like to know how the TGP and the A/G radar track cooperates 🙂 

Tacview-20210520-215610-DCS-Mission 10 Camp 2 SC.zip.acmi

So I managed the last mission as well  🥳 the A/G radar is able to track in GMTmode  and follow this infomation to the TGP. You just have to be aware, when you lost track (radar limitations). I worst case you have to maunualy lasing for the last few seconds. Thank you @Badger633 That was a great campaign 🙂  

2 hours ago, RoGaR said:

So I managed the last mission as well  🥳 the A/G radar is able to track in GMTmode  and follow this infomation to the TGP. You just have to be aware, when you lost track (radar limitations). I worst case you have to maunualy lasing for the last few seconds. Thank you @Badger633 That was a great campaign 🙂  

Glad you enjoyed. The tracking should not be that hard, tried it myself. Have passed your video on. Apparently the  TGP moving track issue is a bug which has been sorted in house so I assume will come out in a future update. You did well to beat the mission without the moving track working properly.

My new campaign’Rise of the Persian Lion ‘ is with ED and hopefully will be released soon. It follows on from the last campaign and Lieutenant Scott Rivers, ‘Ford’, and  his wingman head off to the USS Abraham Lincoln in the Gulf. It as 15 missions, knee boards, briefs, personalised skins, over a thousand actor voice overs. It also has mission by pass facility if desperate and also an easy A2A refuel version 

Badger633

• Like 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, Badger633 said:

Glad you enjoyed. The tracking should not be that hard, tried it myself. Have passed your video on. Apparently the  TGP moving track issue is a bug which has been sorted in house so I assume will come out in a future update. You did well to beat the mission without the moving track working properly.

My new campaign’Rise of the Persian Lion ‘ is with ED and hopefully will be released soon. It follows on from the last campaign and Lieutenant Scott Rivers, ‘Ford’, and  his wingman head off to the USS Abraham Lincoln in the Gulf. It as 15 missions, knee boards, briefs, personalised skins, over a thousand actor voice overs. It also has mission by pass facility if desperate and also an easy A2A refuel version 

Badger633

👍

Very anxiously awaiting Rise of the Persian Lion.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, dburne said:

👍

Very anxiously awaiting Rise of the Persian Lion.

All done and submitted. In the lap of the gods now, or to put it another way with ED. Hopefully soon. 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey @Badger633,

Passing some time here and am doing another playthrough of The Serpents Head original 6 mission campaign, Supercarrier version.

I seem to be having some difficulty in Mission 6 I do not recall having before.

I take out the dome with two Mk 83's and then get the call to take out some vehicles with the Mavs.

However whilst communicating the 9 line I get a mission fail every time - before can even finish the 9 line comms.

I will have another try but it has done this to me twice in a row now.

Can you please check this for me?

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Never mind, third time was the charm. Not sure what happened those first two attempts but it worked as it should on the third.

• Like 1

Don B

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I am enjoying this campaign immensely and having to bring together everything I have been practicing. This is a great starter campaign.

BUT, in Mission 3 (aircraft Carrier)-Stennis gives me the green light-I go to full afterburner, annnnndddddd nothing......I sit on the carrier full burner...and I never take off....I have done the training mission for aircraft carrier takeoff, but it didn't give me the solution.

I am sure I am missing something, but I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

OK I figured it out-For whatever reason I had to 'salute' the ground crew....SHEEEESH

Edited by Slick Twitchy
  • Like 2

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

3 hours ago, Slick Twitchy said:

Hi, 

I am enjoying this campaign immensely and having to bring together everything I have been practicing. This is a great starter campaign.

BUT, in Mission 3 (aircraft Carrier)-Stennis gives me the green light-I go to full afterburner, annnnndddddd nothing......I sit on the carrier full burner...and I never take off....I have done the training mission for aircraft carrier takeoff, but it didn't give me the solution.

I am sure I am missing something, but I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

OK I figured it out-For whatever reason I had to 'salute' the ground crew....SHEEEESH

Hi, yes that will be it. Hope you enjoy the campaign 🙂👍

Lol btw that (salute) is not a campaign requirement, but a DCS SuperCarrier requirement. I assigned pilot salute to a button on my throttle for this reason.

• Like 2

Don B

I hope I save someone with my short attention span a little frustration.

But honestly it really is a great starter campaign. I spent so much time just tweaking shit, and learning shit, I never really PLAYED the game. It's very cool!

LOL- damn a whole button. You must have few options. My HOTAS is maxed out.

The Vaicom pro has a "ground crew-salute" option

Edited by Slick Twitchy

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

Just now, Slick Twitchy said:

I hope I save someone with my short attention span a little frustration.

But honestly it really is a great starter campaign. I spent so much time just tweaking shit, and learning shit, I never really PLAYED the game. It's very cool!

:thumbup:

Yep Badgers Hornet campaign are awesome!

Don B

• 3 weeks later...

Playing this...loved missions 1 and 2, (started with Nevada).

Mission three to photograph the sams I've now tried 6 times. Yes six times. Low and fast, gave myself HARMs, yes using countermeasures... by the time I have 3+ missiles coming at me there just isn't any way to avoid all of them, especially at the end where you have to fly straight and level at 1000ft.

Ugh...it wouldn't be so bad if restarting didn't mean another 20 minute flight.

Ran out of time to fly for the week, so edited the mission to delete all the sams, and next week will just say "they were setting up the sams sites, but not yet active, photograph so we know where to hit!" to keep the immersion.

17 minutes ago, A2597 said:

Mission three to photograph the sams I've now tried 6 times. Yes six times. Low and fast, gave myself HARMs, yes using countermeasures... by the time I have 3+ missiles coming at me there just isn't any way to avoid all of them, especially at the end where you have to fly straight and level at 1000ft.

Ran out of time to fly for the week, so edited the mission to delete all the sams, and next week will just say "they were setting up the sams sites, but not yet active, photograph so we know where to hit!" to keep the immersion.

Did you turn on ECM Jamming ?  I just flew the mission with it on transmit and they never got a lock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A2597 said:

Hi 

Can be done.
Video of a pilot doing it with the vertical offset method I recommend in the user file comments.

Hope this helps.

Badger633

That guy only got shot at twice... I can evade 2-3 missiles, but I have more than that being launched.

He also never had missile shot at him while flying over the city, which also happens to me.

Moot point, as I said, edited the mission so next time I fly it I can continue the campaign.

8 hours ago, A2597 said:

Come in from the low right in the valley.

Don B

I fly super low throughout that mission, and no one launches on me. I then afterburn towards Stennis, and the (spoiler) migs never catch me.

• 4 weeks later...

@Badger633 :  Well done, sir! I just completed mission 6 with no re-tries...ironically the only mission in which I accomplished this feat. I can't recommend this campaign highly enough for newcomers like me who want to fly missions that have purpose and a sense of risk but are also still learning. This campaign gave me a learning path and, after completing the missions, a sense of confidence that I can do those types of missions in the future. Thanks so much for putting this out there.

• Like 1
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

41 minutes ago, Derbroomaster said:

@Badger633 :  Well done, sir! I just completed mission 6 with no re-tries...ironically the only mission in which I accomplished this feat. I can't recommend this campaign highly enough for newcomers like me who want to fly missions that have purpose and a sense of risk but are also still learning. This campaign gave me a learning path and, after completing the missions, a sense of confidence that I can do those types of missions in the future. Thanks so much for putting this out there.

Hi

Thanks for those kind words.

You will find the follow on campaigns, 'Serpent's Head 2' and 'Rise of the Persian Lion' will stretch you as you gain more experience. The story line continues through all three campaigns. Each of those latter campaigns have  standard and EZE A2Aa refuel versions so you can progress. In fact my last campaign 'Rise of the Persian Lion' also has a third option with increased difficulty. The latter campaigns are fully voiced by actors and much more comprehensive.  Both are available from the DCS e shop.

Glad you enjoyed. If you you could recommend to fellow pilots it would be great to share with as many as possible.

Thanks

Badger633

https://www.facebook.com/Badger633Campaigns

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0P96DfSy1MxqgPLpI6wm1w

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve been working  thru the campaign, lots of fun!  Just finished the road block one flying to the airport.  Lol tough landing using my clutch and gas pedals.  Spun and slid the aircraft and left tire strips on the runway, but was under 70 and didn’t flip.  Taxied and completed the mission.  

I’ve hated A/G anything until the campaign.  Super enjoyable and challenging.

• Like 1