F/A-18C HORNET pit V1.8 & F/A-18C HORNET cleanpit

16 hours ago, rafalg78 said:

I use it all the time, fantastic mod. I really like cockpit upgrades because most of the time that's what we're looking at 😍

Indeed!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

17 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Where does this go again?

This is my path:

Cockpit liveries path.png

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

@Bummer Love this pit, any chance you could offer an "LCD" panels option too. I’ve tried merging with another LCD panels mod, but I’ve never got it to work.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

About MipMaps just search the internet.

Here is an example Mipmap - Wikipedia

@zildacDon't know what you mean with LCD panel option (maybe give me a link), but I only do textures, so don't know if I can help with that.

• Like 2

About MipMaps just search the internet.
Here is an example : Mipmap - Wikipedia

@zildacDon't know what you mean with LCD panel option (maybe give me a link), but I only do textures, so don't know if I can help with that.
Hi,

As an example :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306396/

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

@zildac

try this.

In my mod open the description.lua and find the next lines :

{"f18c_cpt-displayglass", 14, "f18c_cpt-displayglass-dif", false};
    {"f18c_cpt-displayglass_cl", 0, "f18c_cpt-displayglass_cl_refl", false};
    {"f18c_cpt-displayglass_cl", 13, "f18c_cpt-displayglass_cl_refl_roughmet", false};
    {"f18c_cpt-displayglass_cl", 14, "f18c_cpt-displayglass-dif", false};

{"f18c_mdi_r", 0, "f18c_mdi_r", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_r", 13, "f18c_mdi_r_roughmet", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_r_additive", 0, "f18c_mdi_r", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_r_additive", 8, "empty", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_l", 0, "f18c_mdi_l", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_l", 13, "f18c_mdi_l_roughmet", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_l_additive", 0, "f18c_mdi_l", false};
    {"f18c_mdi_l_additive", 8, "empty", false};

Change all the false into true ( that will make it use the default textures )

Keep the next two lines as is, because they are needed in the LCD mod :

{"f18c_cpt-displayglass", 0, "f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl", false};
    {"f18c_cpt-displayglass", 13, "f18c_cpt-displayglass_refl_roughmet", false};

Save the description.lua and then do all the steps needed for the LCD mod.

hope this works, if not I can not help any further.

Edited by Bummer

Thanks, will have a try later today.

So tried and no luck, unfortunately. The MFDs still look like CRTs, thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited by zildac

• Bummer changed the title to F/A-18C HORNET pit V1.8 & F/A-18C HORNET cleanpit
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Bummer said:

Updated the F/A-18C HORNET cleanpit.

Other cockpit mods will follow later. 

Great! Thank you.

• 1 month later...

That is the the static reflection from the cockpit glass.

I am planning to reduce or remove the ammount of the refection in the next update.

But first I am waiting for ED to update the cockpit textures on the left and right console, and remove the visible line close to the sidepanels.

When that is done, then I know what I need to change or have to adjust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi!

Finally upgraded from the 1.61 (which I loved) to the latest version, and immediately noticed that the UFC looks... odd. The buttons no longer have bezel, and the font seems out of place.

Have you used some obscure (late / foreign) Hornet variant as a reference, or this is just an artistic choice?

Screenshot - 240409 07_20_07.jpg

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

When I find photo's on the internet, it rarely says what model F-18 it is, or from what country.

So I edit the textures if I like how it looks.

This could mean that my MOD is some sort of frankenstein Hornet now.

I could remake the old UFC and place it in the additional options section.

that is, if I can get photoshop to use DDS files again, after I had to reinstall photoshop elements 2020 when I got a new computer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...