FSX movie Lament by Lotus

loved it. very strong message.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

ooh man! thats an amazing movie. WOW!! look at those explosions ...it looks sooo much better than lock on. ED doesn't listen man! LOMAC is sooo sterile..... no wonder they don't use it for the combat footage. Now that movie with those effects is the real deal...that is called immersion. Whats the point of having a 50000 poly AI vehicle if the immersion is wrong in the first place. :(

That city burning with the tracers ...that was insane. That is what lomac lacks....immersion! :( Unfortunately...so far ED doesn't think its a priority. :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

well...I agree I didn't know that...but I hope you get the point though..... It would be better to infact go for like old style shader 1.0 style explosions like in Il2 instead of the ones currently in the lomac engine. Just becos Il2 gives the immersion with the debris, ground dust, random particles, bigger fires, realistic feel, nice tracers...compared to lomac which almost seems as if its trying too hard to get realistic fires and all..but infact lacks the real deal. :( Well! I hope that BS gives us radical new effects.

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Simply fantastic video. What beautiful angles and meaning! FSX truly has reached a beauty I never thought it would reach.

You should all really download the rest of his videos. While you're at it, Look up FlyHalf, and download all his, they are simply phenomenally mindblowing.

Except that all of those were special effects from the SDK and are not standard in-game.

Nothing actually shoots or explodes in MSFS. The combat immersion you feel is credit to the movie maker, not the sim.

um...actually..that stuff is easily achieved with a few effect files you can download and put into the game. I'm sure that is part of a mission/adventure flight that was downloadable, if not a default mission itself.

Even in FS2004, I was dropping actual nukes out of my B-1B and watching a nuclear explosion erupt above Las Vegas. Flares, guns, missels, flack, smoke, it's all possible. Only thing is that they don't do damage. The smoke trailing from the Hornet was probably an activated effect, easily implemented by editing the aircraft .cfg.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Hey there is an explosion of good FSX movies? :D

This is a surprisingly (indeed) good movie. A very good use of (imho) the best song of Portished. Great message.

A small question... is now posible in FSX to fire weapons? Both of the last two movies are showing this. For "Duelality I thought it was just some 3D insertion or something but, now we have war zones..:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Only? :)

Well your point was that all those beautiful visual effects were simply edited in, I was pointing out that FS has realy evolved that far and was capable of such effects since FS2004. Never said they could do any damage, of course a big problem for LOMAC, but not if it's an intended civilian simulator. The fires,smoke,etc are enough for the immersion. ;)

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Well your point was that all those beautiful visual effects were simply edited in, I was pointing out that FS has realy evolved that far and was capable of such effects since FS2004. Never said they could do any damage, of course a big problem for LOMAC, but not if it's an intended civilian simulator. The fires,smoke,etc are enough for the immersion. ;)

No, I understand the effects are from the sim, but they were developed from the SDK and are essentially mods made specifically for the movie by the creator. Anyway, my actual point was that priorities are different for these sims. Perhaps when MSFS models damage, ED will have prettier explosions...

Well, I'm being facetious, but I hope you catch my drift. Not everything at once.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Guest Ramasurinen

Hi guys, just thought I'd chime in and say hello. Almost forgot I had an account here haha!

Anyway, thanks very much for all your kind words on 'Lament'. I stumbled across your thread on my movie and it was quite interesting to read your comments. I didn't expect to find a discussion about it in the lockon forum, that's pretty cool. A lot of people are kinda scratching their heads over the effects in Baghdad in the film, but you all figured it out right away hehe.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say thanks for checking out the film, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) If you have any questions or whatever, fire away, I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers,

Lotus... aka Mike

PS: I want my Black Shark.... NOW! :) hehe. (chopper addict here)

PPS: To Glowing Amraam, let me take a moment to say that I have long considered your films to be *the* standard. I've seen every one of them dozens of times and you've never failed to amaze me. I've used them as a guide of sorts over the last several months working on my own FSX movies, so thanks!

• ED Team
PPS: To Glowing Amraam, let me take a moment to say that I have long considered your films to be *the* standard. I've seen every one of them dozens of times and you've never failed to amaze me. I've used them as a guide of sorts over the last several months working on my own FSX movies, so thanks!

Thanks for those kind words. :)

You have a talent in movie making, so don't stop making them. Keep it up! :)