[REPORTED] MP Bouncing Hornets & Tomcats

Zeagle

This happens any time someone lands at the boat and then goes and lands at an airbase. I'll try to upload tonight. Definitely not an issue on start. I'll try again tonight. Where do I find the Log and dxdiag files? And what if the track does not reflect it? Should I screen capture and upload to YouTube?

This happens any time someone lands at the boat and then goes and lands at an airbase. I'll try to upload tonight. Definitely not an issue on start. I'll try again tonight. Where do I find the Log and dxdiag files? And what if the track does not reflect it? Should I screen capture and upload to YouTube?

I would do all of the above and flood the info to ED.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Easy to replicate yet not one track, I have not seen it yet when I have played multiplayer, so it would be nice to see someone that does load a short track and all their logs and dxdiag file.

It sounds like it happens at mission start, so even a short MP track, log in, load up, see it, exit MP, pull track. Watch the track, see if its there, upload.

Norm, it's easy to replicate but requires you to take off with 2 people from a carrier on a server and have one of them land on the land rather then on the carrier so the other can watch the bouncing happening you WILL NOT see it from your own AC, from your own AC landing you look fine, to every one else on the server your planes doing a pogo stick bounce up and down into the air that can and will collision detect with anything flying over the top. Saddly however getting people to bug test on a Multiplayer server not the easiest to always do as people are more wanting to fly and asking them to help test a bug can be a pain in the rear because they just want to fly.

Even my server's got this happening, the 'Fleet' guys take off from Atennis and normally will rearm at one of the land bases as they are closer and the moment one of them lands if your in ANY other aircraft you see them start bouncing up and down.

However you are correct that this is a NETCODE issue or at least a wider DCS issue, as it is an issue that happens with any aircraft that take off at sea and the land on ground, the Bug was Confirmed and fixed once before about 3 months ago prior to all the carrier deck fixes but it's returned.. I'll see if i can find you a tacview or something with it, but at the same time half the time tracks on multiplayer are also bugging out as well and have for over a year now (with the track having people crash into the ground etc when they haven't etc etc).

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Just to pipe up here, this is now easy to see with the Tomcat, the client in the rio seat, experiences what other clients see. This result is the rio client blacking out. Bottom line i would imagine this might get some more attention, same goes for the apparently fixed deck sliding.

This has been on the Harrier for ages. It was primarily seen on Helicopters a couple of years back, I think i have a video on it somewhere.

Currently back seat of a Tomcat on a moving deck (get some wind) it impossible to click a button but for being moved around. I didnt think this was the same issue as the Harrier sync.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hey Zeagle, if you still have a vid and track and need help uploading, get with me and I'll help. Pretty annoyed with this problem at this point

Yeah, I', right there with you. I will see if I can get a track as well at this point.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I have multiple tracks that probably show this, but digging through them to find which ones might be painstaking.

As others have been saying, the ship pitch and roll correction is applied to multiplayer clients even after leaving the ship, but the linear position offset is proportional to the distance from the center of rotation of the ship.

In other words, it's as if the game thinks the aircraft is still sitting on a giant ship that is pitching and rolling, and applying a correction to make sure that the plane stays on the "deck".

For example, this was on a multiplayer server...

dMixP4n.png

It's a pretty good way to dodge missiles :):

https://gyazo.com/3b608cce8b8d3957e5169ba4cefcca90

• ED Team
Why don't you guys (ED) fix this instead of just replying "need track". You know the tracks involved are too large.

It's a pretty big oversight in my opinion. And it ruins missions with others online.

If you know how to replicate the problem every time, then it should be easy to make a short track, I have yet to see the issue, so I cant ask the team to fix something I dont see or cant show them happening.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If you know how to replicate the problem every time, then it should be easy to make a short track, I have yet to see the issue, so I cant ask the team to fix something I dont see or cant show them happening.

Track files are hardly working right now and do not mirror what happened in the session.

The Tomcat wont even stay in the air on playback at this time...

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Since tracks are having issues here is how to replicate it:

how to reproduce

Guy A: Spawns at airfield, sits and waits

Guy B: Spawns on ship, takes off, and fly's to airfield that Guy A is at. Guy B lands at said airfield.

Guy A: Watches Guy B bounce up and down (in time and intensity with the ship he took off from, pitch and roll).

something to note: Once you have landed / taken off from the boat, you will bounce up and down even if you jump in a plane that spawns at an airfield. you need to leave the server and reconnect to stop this phenomenon. Also, others that have spawned on a pawed or have landed at one then go to an airfield may not see anyone else bouncing who may be bouncing to an airfield spawned jet.

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

We have experienced this as well. We all took off from the carrier, completed our mission and then return to the airbase. My lead said that I was bouncing all over the place. From what I can tell, all was good. Then all of a sudden, the lead said that I landed on him. I said how can that be...my aircraft was still intact with me in cockpit looking at his burning aircraft. By the way, I did see the wingman jumping as well. I thought it was him that hit the leads aircraft.

That's because you haven't done what was described in the original post. You cannot see yourself jumping. You have to fly with another player, spawn from a CV, then RTB to a land base. You will see your wingman jumping like crazy.

You as the pilot wont see the bounce in mp but others spectating you will, see video above. All the planes bouncing are ones that have taken off from a carrier. It also happens to the RIO in the Tomcat. Easy to test. Get in the RIO seat with a human pilot. take off from a carrier and land on an airfield. Your pilot will see everything fine on his screen. But the rio will be bouncing 1000ft in the air and warp 1000 ft underground...

video in my previous post shows all planes smooth when in the air no rubber banding due to high ping (all have a ping of <100ms). But as soon as they hit land they start to bounce because they started their flights from a carrier. This happens every single time and is not a freak occurrence.

I did manage to see an F-14 doing it, and got a track of it, my concern is his ping was incredibly high, but I will report with that and see what the team says.

I've attached my track and log from last night when this happened to me.

Mission started on a carrier, we then landed at a regular airfield where the bouncing occurred. After take off everything seemed to return to normal.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1edOECFPSLA7cUDoHWQsK8PIuzScdWJ94