STREAM DECK PROFILES LIBRARY

Am 4.8.2021 um 22:26 schrieb Mongo5725:

Thank you. I reviewed everything. I am trying to use a Stream Deck profile which also uses DCS-BIOS. DCS-BIOS is not connecting correctly. Specifically,  the F-14 TOMCAT stream deck XL profile with RIO cockpit by jonny415. It can see my modules but that's about it. Non-DCS-BIOS profiles work fine. Worst case scenario I will use Stream Deck as a simple button box for that profile.

I have had the same problem since the beginning. All exportscript work perfectly. All luas based on DCS bios do not run. I haven't found a tutorial that describes exactly how to install DCS-Bios and how it works with the streamdeck.
Maybe there is someone who can explain it. Help is welcome.

@Mongo5725 @Dallenbach I am not sure what's causing the issue with DCS bios hopefully someone can help you guys out in the forum. check if stream deck is running with or without admin, it should match with your DCS world, check the installation is in correct folder, and all the setting is correct I am posting pic check if they match. I use open beta 

dcs stream deck 01.png

export 01.png

dcs world 03.png

vor 3 Stunden schrieb jonny415:

@Mongo5725 @Dallenbach I am not sure what's causing the issue with DCS bios hopefully someone can help you guys out in the forum. check if stream deck is running with or without admin, it should match with your DCS world, check the installation is in correct folder, and all the setting is correct I am posting pic check if they match. I use open beta 

dcs stream deck 01.png

export 01.png

dcs world 03.png

Thanks for your screenshots, they helped me verify that my installation paths are correct.

The install parameters look the same as on your screens. Also the export.lua parameters. The problem is that DCS-Bios does not find the DCS World path. There is no display in the web interface.
All executing files have admin rights.
DCS World is on a separate second SSD, the scripts are under C:/.....Savegames/DCS/Scripts
Don't know what else is wrong. Maybe an idea?

Am 14.8.2021 um 09:16 schrieb Thermal:

This is probably better covered in the Streamdeck-DCS-Interface thread.  Certainly you should read that thread for some further information.

Also DCS-BIOS is not required for this to work. 

You need DCS-Exporter -  https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

And you need the StreamDeck plugin installed in your Streamdeck software.

I have no problems with the Streamdeck DCS interface per se. With export.script everything runs fine.
However, these scripts are not necessarily uptodate, so you have to access only to the bios.lua for some mods.
The export.script luas I also find more optimal because they offer more parameters for the assignments.

Edit:

After hours of research, I found out that other users are also struggling with this problem.
Several workarounds are suggested, but they don't work for me either.
Since the Bios Hub 10.0 is no longer maintained by the manufacturer, the dcs-bios can no longer be recommended.
Too bad.
Sorry for hijacking the thread. But this is my last comment on it.

Edited by Dallenbach
addition

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In case there is some interest, here is my Streamdeck profile for the Mirage 2000C

here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315930/ or on github : https://github.com/b04rdr1d3r/M2KC-Streamdeck-profile-for-DCS-Interface

It's mostly complete and allows you to work INS calibration, VTH management, PCA management, gear lights, radio etc...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, skypickle said:

Thank you jonny415 and all the others for this effort. But I cannot seem to find a profile for the A10C.  Has one ever been made? Or should I roll my own?

Yeah I can’t find anyone who has made it yet, but I don’t have that aircraft I wouldn’t even know which switches are needed. usually I like to start with cold start up then move to whatever other switches are needed to min the use of mouse, but I do have 2wk trial I can use. Let me read about it hope it can fit in stream deck XL without adding to many sub menu. 

5 hours ago, jonny415 said:

Yeah I can’t find anyone who has made it yet, but I don’t have that aircraft I wouldn’t even know which switches are needed. usually I like to start with cold start up then move to whatever other switches are needed to min the use of mouse, but I do have 2wk trial I can use. Let me read about it hope it can fit in stream deck XL without adding to many sub menu. 

THE A-10 is a great HOTAS plane, so its more about all the controls you can do from the HOTAS - For me, its cold start, the JHMCS toggle, laser arm, gun arm, master arm - the dial that switches navigation between mark points, waypoints etc. The counter measures and ICP of course 😛

so i've got a working A10 profile along with a keyboard.diff.lua file for the hotkeys needed. It consists of 7 profiles that link to each other but I am a little short on icons for the buttons. Anybody know where I can get some good ones? I've searched on the net but not exhaustively.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

1 hour ago, skypickle said:

so i've got a working A10 profile along with a keyboard.diff.lua file for the hotkeys needed. It consists of 7 profiles that link to each other but I am a little short on icons for the buttons. Anybody know where I can get some good ones? I've searched on the net but not exhaustively.

Why do you use linking profiles instead of folders or pages? 

3 hours ago, skypickle said:

I am not sure why u need linking profiles unless have multiple stream deck and still could use folders. Here are the icons if needed it's not mine.  

A-10.zip

image.png

You kind of have to use profiles over folders or the new pages when you have multiple stream decks.

I have 3x 5x3 stream decks and use one of them to load the profiles on the other 2.

The stream deck is dumb that you have to copy the profile you want to each stream deck, which is a PITA to manage.

thank you for the icons. The reason I use different profiles is that I want to be able to access any 'screen' (matrix of buttons) from from any other screen. That way I have a 'home' screen for flying with buttons for autopilot, weapons, and buttons to take me to a 'start up screen', left MFCD, right MFCD, CDU numbers, CDU letters- eaazch of those pages with its own buttons. If I used pages, I'd forever be 'paging' through screens to get to the one I need.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

true 

54 minutes ago, skypickle said:

@jonny415 I use the xl and even that is too small to reproduce the DDIs (or MFCDs) properly

True missing one row, I am working on the JF-17 panels right now just waiting for the parts to deliver, so probably I will have to make customs the MFD. Was thinking to use the 5x3 stream deck for the manual radio, and XL for the UFC.