STREAM DECK PROFILES LIBRARY

10 hours ago, skypickle said:

Why did you edit the lua file?

Did you get the master mode selector to work?

Edited it to I throw some code that would do things I wanted. Normally I put "-- scoobie begin:" and "-- scoobie end." comments to outline my clumsy stuff in somebody else's file, but this time... apparently I forgot to do it 😞

Still, it's not a problem - I can see what's mine in the file: the contents of ProcessIkarusDCSConfigHighImportance(), plus DIY functions WindowedRound() and ReadKollsman(). Also, I might have modified some of those "basic export variables", or how they call them, but I can't remember it now - I think a few of them might have been wrong or missing.

Master mode selector - no. I'm using HOTAS buttons for this selector (I want it this way), while the Stream Deck button in my profile only displays the current position of master mode selector - in the screenshot I posted previously it says "FK". (Also this button shows master warning/caution red light and pressing the button cancels the warning/caution).

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

[quote post="5132715"
Master mode selector - no. I'm using HOTAS buttons for this selector (I want it this way), while the Stream Deck button in my profile only displays the current position of master mode selector - in the screenshot I posted previously it says "FK". (Also this button shows master warning/caution red light and pressing the button cancels the warning/caution).

That's what I also do with my master mode and data panel selector.

Is there a way that the data panel display could be sent to the deck?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bones1014 said:

Is there a way that the data panel display could be sent to the deck?

Yes, it's the upper number in this button:

btn.PNG

It's all in my Lua file, but if you want ONLY the CK37 display, then you need to modify it something like below, but please check it for yourself, I haven't:

function ExportScript.ProcessIkarusDCSConfigHighImportance(mainPanelDevice)
  -- (some stuff of yours here)
  local x = ExportScript.Tools.getListIndicatorValue(2)
  ExportScript.Tools.SendData(4000, x['data1'] .. x['data2'] .. x['data3'] .. x['data4'] .. x['data5'] .. x['data6'])

Make sure you use monospaced font for the button or otherwise the numbers will be "dancing" left and right depending on a situation (because Stream Deck centers the text).

And, as I mentioned previously, this thing seems to be too slow to blink when the display in the cockpit is quickly alternating between "LO" and "LA". It does blink, though, when in-cockpit display is blinking slowly.

16 minutes ago, skypickle said:

I mapped the function appropriately and I can hear the click noise but the dial doesnt move. I've seen this before in some modules where the the physical click with the mouse has to be registered.

I haven't tried it, but... in general there are still quite a few quirks in controls assigments in the Viggy, so maybe you've discovered yet another one? FWIW - a quick tip - try to display the value of this selector as text on a spare SD button and click the selector with the mouse, then joystick or keyboard - all the way clockwise and back, observe the values. See if the values are "sane" or "crazy". It's difficult to describe, but here's my comment on another rotary selector from the Lua file - perhaps master mode is similarly crazy?

-- Weapon selector's current position and labels:
  -- Note: var. 264 goes down to -0.1 if driven by joystick/keyboard binding and shows the same
  -- for -0.1 and 0.0, hence "2 +" lower down to shift minimum index for table to 1

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

21 minutes ago, scoobie said:

Make sure you use monospaced font for the button or otherwise the numbers will be "dancing" left and right depending on a situation (because Stream Deck centers the text).

Which font works for you? I'm gonna try to take what you have and add it to mine. I have a few different things setup already like the master caution lights flashing and other readouts that use different arguments. Looks great though!

Sure! Take whatever you find of any use for you. Your own thing will always fit you best.
And if you happen to post your profile once you finish it, I might in turn steal some cool stuff from yours 🙂

Fonts... well, it seems that SD offers Courier and Courier New only, they both look... like Courier, not pretty if you ask me (though I'm an artistic troglodyte, so you shouldn't ask me in the first place). Unfortunately Courier is not similar to what's in the real Viggen.

Time to start updating the Mirage F1 to the EE version. Will the CE functions carry over since there are so many identical ones?

**UPDATE**

I just copied everything from the CE to file renamed for the EE and all of @Bailey's code is working. Pretty awesome! Sure does save a lot of work. Biggest thing to add will be the INS buttons.

**UPDATE**

uploaded new F1EE LUA with INS buttons and rotaries added.

**UPDATE**

uploaded new F1EE LUA with INS alignment lamps added in a new post

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Edited by bones1014
update after testing and uploaded new export LUA
  • Thanks 4

bones1014

Is there one place where I can get the icon pictures for this lua?  I have the XL model.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am making a profile for the L39 (call me silly for wanting to fly this module). I would like to make two momentary display buttons for the RSBN-5S that by the right elbow so I can better read it (rather than twisting my head to see the little dials). As well as a rotary to control each. This is what I am talking about.

image.png

They are labeled landing and navigation.

The relevant entries in the ctytler lookup are:

image.png

The nav channel selector works but the landing channel did not. The DCS exports lua for the L39 had interesting discrepancies.

[191] = "%.3f",		-- RSBN Navigation Channel Selector Knob (Axis) {0.0, 1.0} in 0.025 Steps
	[192] = "%1d",		-- RSBN Landing Channel Selector Knob (Axis) {0.0, 1.0} in 0.025 Steps

Changing the [192] line to be "%.3f" now allows the rotary to properly advance the numbers. How do I suggest this improvement to the github? I have never done a pull request and the whole git thing is not my cup of tea?

Well, I spent an hour reading about git so I created a pull request to this repo:

https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts

Who is Asherao and is he/she still maintaining the repo? or is there another?

Edited by skypickle

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 11:01 AM, skypickle said:

I am making a profile for the L39 (call me silly for wanting to fly this module). I would like to make two momentary display buttons for the RSBN-5S that by the right elbow so I can better read it (rather than twisting my head to see the little dials). As well as a rotary to control each. This is what I am talking about.

image.png

They are labeled landing and navigation.

The relevant entries in the ctytler lookup are:

image.png

The nav channel selector works but the landing channel did not. The DCS exports lua for the L39 had interesting discrepancies.

[191] = "%.3f",		-- RSBN Navigation Channel Selector Knob (Axis) {0.0, 1.0} in 0.025 Steps
	[192] = "%1d",		-- RSBN Landing Channel Selector Knob (Axis) {0.0, 1.0} in 0.025 Steps

Changing the [192] line to be "%.3f" now allows the rotary to properly advance the numbers. How do I suggest this improvement to the github? I have never done a pull request and the whole git thing is not my cup of tea?

Well, I spent an hour reading about git so I created a pull request to this repo:

https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts

Who is Asherao and is he/she still maintaining the repo? or is there another?

Hello. I am asherao. I will not have the ability to update the repo for a while. Feel free to post the files here and collaborate with others so that when I have the opportunity I can add the newest ones to the repo. (Excellent help request by the way. Well explained. I just can't assist at the moment.) 

Sorry for the most likey dumb question, but i'm setting up my streamdeck xl and mini.  I've downloaded a bunch of profiles some saying that i needed to add the keyboard.diff in there which I understand.  But if I'm using different profiles and there's different keyboard.diff's i'm assuming that I wouldn't be able to add to the .diff because they might not work together? because if so i'm assuming I would only be able to use a single profile at a time.  This is only a guess as i've been trying to follow along these posts and tutorial videos, but I don't wanna screw things up and make a mess for myself that I don't know how to get out of.  Thanks 

On 1/26/2023 at 6:20 PM, bones1014 said:

I added indications for empty external fuel tanks for the Mirage F1EE. Export number 7000. I'm still looking for the lamp for the INSER button on the INS panel. If anyone finds it lmk please.

Have you had any luck finding the HSI NAV/R NAV Mode selector switch, please?

G6XLe1V.png