AdA Mod - "Armée De l'Air" for FC.

HubMan

:music_whistling:

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is on it's way ;)

Hub' has been very busy these days fixing the last issues. The mod might not come up "by the end of august", but will certainly do soon in september ;)

Yep, looks like "two more weeks" ... those things happen :P

Btw Colt40Five, you were looking for a reason why you like the Jaguar so much. What do you think about "it means you have hair under your arms ?" - a rough translation from French, sorry if it does not mean anything :P

(a lot of people in french squads like to fly the good old Su-25 for this precise reason :D)

cant wait for it to come out. I've got a question how do you skin the cockpit and do the skinned dials,screens etc. work or are they just for show?

Everything works except the VTM (just below the HUD) which is static and just for the eye. A lot of the instruments have been reskinned to look like they show up on LCD screens. Having already tried (beta-tested) the mod, I can tell you the effect is perfect ;)

92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

Hi guys :)

Sorry for answering a bit late :) I'm sorry to tell you that you will be late of probably 2 weeks (I hope not of "two more weeks" :D ) :)

We ran into some troubles during network games between modded and non modded clients, had to fix those problems and as a result, to correct / replay / rebrief the 28 missions of the campaign that comes with the mod :)

The work on the Mirage 2000C (substitute of the Mig29 A) took as well more time than expected, but is 80% done :) We will post some screenshots next week :)

Thanks again a lot for supporting us and sorry for not being able to deliver the mod as initially planned :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again a lot for supporting us and sorry for not being able to deliver the mod as initially planned :)

Hub.

Oh, no problem! I know some guys here who are later than two weeks! :music_whistling::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Sorry for answering a bit late :) I'm sorry to tell you that you will be late of probably 2 weeks (I hope not of "two more weeks" :D ) :)

We ran into some troubles during network games between modded and non modded clients, had to fix those problems and as a result, to correct / replay / rebrief the 28 missions of the campaign that comes with the mod :)

The work on the Mirage 2000C (substitute of the Mig29 A) took as well more time than expected, but is 80% done :) We will post some screenshots next week :)

Hub.

Thanx for the Update - Good Times what with all the Modders doing Outstanding Work these days......Keep it up Lads :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes, I'd like to know that to.

I suppose that you somehow managed to open the kabina files and extract the textures.

If I understood you right you "just" edited the textures of the Mig-29 pit to bring it closer to the one found in the Mirage, right?

Yes, I'd like to know that to.

I suppose that you somehow managed to open the kabina files and extract the textures.

If I understood you right you "just" edited the textures of the Mig-29 pit to bring it closer to the one found in the Mirage, right?

Absolutely :) There is no way you can modify the 3D model / shape of a cockpit, move the instruments or change their behavior. We did the only thing that was possible : edit the textures and reskin everything with largely edited/modified Mirage 2000 cockpit photos. :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a texture man myself I can imagine how hard THIS was allready.

So hats off to you chaps.

But how exactly can one edit the textures?

Are they found inside the kabina.cmd?

And if yes, how were you able to open and edit them?

As a texture man myself I can imagine how hard THIS was allready.

So hats off to you chaps.

But how exactly can one edit the textures?

Are they found inside the kabina.cmd?

And if yes, how were you able to open and edit them?

Thanks a lot Dvst :)

About the texture files, they are not in the kabina files, but in the .cdds files located in the <lockon dir>\Bazar\World.

You have to extract the textures files located in those .cdds files with a utility software like the one provided with modman and then put the modified textures in the <lockon dir>\Bazar\TempTextures (think to to remove the texture "dimensions" at the end of the texture file names, or it won't work).

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little update on the work in progress on the Mirage 2000C : it's going fine, but slower than expected and we still have a lot a work to do :

- we are trying to find a solution to the main constraint : "how to use that much space with so few (almost all non movable) instruments"

- fixing a couple of errors on perspectives (anenometer), shadowing etc...

- rebuilding almost all the lower part of the pit (master arm, ecm panel, radio controls to be resized / moved),

Here are a couple of screenshots, again, it's work in progress... :)

f_Image00001m_9f2f04b.jpg

t_Image00002m_b134275.jpg t_Image00003m_376b487.jpg t_Image00004m_23be9be.jpg t_Image00005m_7fd9ab4.jpg t_Image00006m_689b558.jpg t_Image00007m_a95daa8.jpg t_Image00008m_1ca7180.jpg t_Image00009m_d707d89.jpg

Hub.

PS : we set up a little web site : http://www.ada-mod.org and a forum : http://www.ada-mod.org/forum. Go there for the WIP section.

Right now, almost everything is written in french, but do not hesitate to drop by and use english ! We will try our best to answer you :)

• Like 1

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot gentlemen ! :)

Meanwhile, BarbsMan has been working on the RP541/542 (2000l wings fuel tanks), here is a little screenshot :

f_M2KRP3m_295ce65.jpg

And here are the corrections made yesterday evening on the pit of the 2000C :

f_ScreenShot1m_394d4ce.jpg

About the release date, it will be before next month : we still have 20 missions briefings to translate in english and we would like to have at least one week of testing before releasing the mod :)

Hub. & Barbs.

PS : for more screenshots, WIP etc... you can have a look there :)

• Like 1

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all :) A quick update :

Wapanomi is done with its skin of the Su-30MKI that replaces the flyable Su-27.

Here are some very nice screenshots he posted today on the C6 french forum :

screenshot060ml5.jpg

screenshot059pc2.jpg

screenshot063rk2.jpg

screenshot048we5.jpg

And BarbsMan built up a Metor 3D model + skin in one day to probably replace the R27ER (has the Meteor is the only French used / European missile with a reach that is more or less comparable to the one of the Alamo C ) :)

f_ScreenMeteom_e62dade.jpg

Hub and the AdA Mod Dev team :)

PS : I forgot, Barbs. added some glossyness to the RP541/542 and slightly modified the weathering of the textures, here is the result :

f_M2KRP4m_da93f3a.jpg

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]