CV Stored heading align

Essah

How does stored heading INS alignment on the carrier work? I would have thought that the carrier constantly moving and maybe changing heading would make any stored data redundant, but it is still possible in the F-14?

Does anybody know how that works in technical terms?

It doesn't work on a carrier, because the carrier is a moving platform, so a pre-stored alignment isn't possible.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It doesn't work on a carrier, because the carrier is a moving platform, so a pre-stored alignment isn't possible.

That is not true. The automatic stored heading alignment is used for alert launches. However, during that time the boat cannot change its course. Spiceman talks about it in the CVW-11 video about the RIO seat, starting at around 01:15.

That is not true. The automatic stored heading alignment is used for alert launches. However, during that time the boat cannot change its course. Spiceman talks about it in the CVW-11 video about the RIO seat, starting at around 01:15.

So if the boat needs to change course, the alert fighters would need to realign and store a new saved heading?

So if the boat needs to change course, the alert fighters would need to realign and store a new saved heading?

yes. so before the turn planes would align ins to track the turn, wait for the turn to finish and shut down again. if they dont do this they have to realign and lose the alert 5 ready state

Can Jester perform this type of alignment?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

So with the "INS Reference Alignment Stored" box ticked in ME.

What kind of alignment (Ins go now/coarse/min wp launch/fine) do I ask Jester to do? to get the stored 2-4min alignment?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Thanks, I stand corrected :thumbup:

So with the "INS Reference Alignment Stored" box ticked in ME.

What kind of alignment (Ins go now/coarse/min wp launch/fine) do I ask Jester to do? to get the stored 2-4min alignment?

Should be fine alignment.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg