Lantrin accuracy

karaco39

Hi, I have a targeting problem. Even following Lantirn tuturial bombs are falling close to locked target but time to time far away. Seems to me bombs are not following laser beam. After bombing target lock does not holt the target. Strange is that yesterday it was following the target, but still bombs were far far away.

A/G mode, point lock, time to release ok, correct bomb, trying CPP and CPM modes of drop, not helping. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by karaco39

I used 12, 16, and 24 so far and they all worked hit their intended target dead on :dunno:

Edit: Rethinking it now, I might have not used the 24. When I did some experimenting with LGBs I did take 24s with me once, but that was a mixed loadout together with other LGBs and I might not have dropped the 24s actually. :music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yesterday I dropped a GBU-24 and the bomb missed because it glide to much.

We wanted fire laser 15s before impact but the bomb was already overflying the target...

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Yes indeed, I tried again by lasing directly after launch and the bomb never lock on the laser.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had several goes with the GBU24 from the F14 (using JTAC rather than LANTIRN) and its always seemed to not pick up the laser and just glide long. GBU10 has been pretty much flawless though. Is this a definite game issue (someone alluded to it earlier without going into detail) and not just user error?

Is this a definite game issue (someone alluded to it earlier without going into detail) and not just user error?

Yes, the GBU24 is bugged in DCS not just with the F-14. Its something ED have to fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

My problem is, just a few seconds before the impact, lantirn looses its lock and shifts to another point. what is wrong here?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

My problem is, just a few seconds before the impact, lantirn looses its lock and shifts to another point. what is wrong here?

Masking and/or gimbal limit. Make sure the small square that moves around on the LANTIRN display stays within that weird oval like line to avoid that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

When this happens immediately press your QDES button (Hat switch right) to instantly lock back to the last place you went Full Action on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Yes, ED is currently working on Paveway III simulation for the Hornet.

Tornado3 small.jpg