Jester Weakness

mehksauce

Jester IFF

Say the server your playing in host a uh1 on the red side along with the f14... if your flying the f14 on the red side and u happen to lock a friendly uh1 jester wont say anything if u have a lock on him ( friendly/enemy ) not sure about the other heli modules but i've gotten 2 team kills due to relying on jester to IFF a heli im locking and receiving no feedback at all..

Jester being overwhelm when theres multiple bogey around you

I have experience jester starts to "panic" and starts spouting random shit when i have enemy on my 6, enemy on my nose... he starts to get confuse as to whats the next appropriate call out should be... sometimes it becomes inaccurate for example... when im in a turn fight.. jester would call 1 o'clock high but in my vision his 11 o'clock high...

Jester easily losing lock / can't lock even though their still in your TID screen

The one i hate the most... Jester locking the farthest away in ur radar....

say theres enemy 30nm in ur radar, another enemy 45nm, and an enemy 60 nm away from you.... you tell jester to STT lock "Enemy target ahead" he decides to lock the enemy thats 45nm away lol

Jester giving out False calls....

sometimes you get missile warning, jester say fights on... but in reality its ur friend that fired... that just merged with you lol

Edited by mehksauce

Jester IFF

Say the server your playing in host a uh1 on the red side along with the f14... if your flying the f14 on the red side and u happen to lock a friendly uh1 jester wont say anything if u have a lock on him ( friendly/enemy ) not sure about the other heli modules but i've gotten 2 team kills due to relying on jester to IFF a heli im locking and receiving no feedback at all..

Jester being overwhelm when theres multiple bogey around you

I have experience jester starts to "panic" and starts spouting random shit when i have enemy on my 6, enemy on my nose... he starts to get confuse as to whats the next appropriate call out should be... sometimes it becomes inaccurate for example... when im in a turn fight.. jester would call 1 o'clock high but in my vision his 11 o'clock high...

Jester easily losing lock / can't lock even though their still in your TID screen

The one i hate the most... Jester locking the farthest away in ur radar....

say theres enemy 30nm in ur radar, another enemy 45nm, and an enemy 60 nm away from you.... you tell jester to STT lock "Enemy target ahead" he decides to lock the enemy thats 45nm away lol

Jester giving out False calls....

sometimes you get missile warning, jester say fights on... but in reality its ur friend that fired... that just merged with you lol

Have you done the RIO position yourself? If they are in your TID screen but have a cross through them it means they have been dropped, also you might be looking at data-link contacts. Him locking the wrong target could be due to STT picking up the wrong target. As a human RIO I have had this happen before you try to grab a closer target and it locks the one behind, you should just fire in TWS.

I think many players including me underestimate RIO role in the back seat. The more I play it the more I realize the Tomcat should be played with human RIO. There are many things that AI Jester can not do. For example, how do you ask Jester to IFF when you have locked something in PAL ? I watched 104th Maverick youtube video playing online with 104th Beef as a RIO and he could easily asking to IFF unknown locked target in PAL mode.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Jester call out of enemy position during dog fight is indeed not accurate, at least, not realtime.

This always happen:when he finally called out the position, the enemy already passed that position.

The call outs is correct only when you are steady on enemy's 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock.

Yes, Jester has some major weaknesses at the moment and the cat should be flyed with a human RIO.

However, HB did an amazung Job with Jester and the cat is jo out for one week. Lets give them some time and see how they can optimize him.

this thread was just more so my observation rather than a rant! very satisfied with out they implemented jester tbh... knowing its EA, cant wait what implementations they have for us ;D

I think many players including me underestimate RIO role in the back seat. The more I play it the more I realize the Tomcat should be played with human RIO. There are many things that AI Jester can not do. For example, how do you ask Jester to IFF when you have locked something in PAL ? I watched 104th Maverick youtube video playing online with 104th Beef as a RIO and he could easily asking to IFF unknown locked target in PAL mode.

He IFF's anything you lock up in STT immediately, or that is locked up with ACM modes.

Human RIO's have no excuse not to IFF a contact locked up using ACM modes. It's second nature for me by now. I see lock, I hit IFF interrogate. The GiF shouldn't even have to ask for it. The GiB should immediately declare the ID of the bandit. It's not rocket science, people.

He IFF's anything you lock up in STT immediately, or that is locked up with ACM modes.

Human RIO's have no excuse not to IFF a contact locked up using ACM modes. It's second nature for me by now. I see lock, I hit IFF interrogate. The GiF shouldn't even have to ask for it. The GiB should immediately declare the ID of the bandit. It's not rocket science, people.

Same. I see lock, I hit IFF and tell the bus driver wheter he can pull the trigger or not.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Same. I see lock, I hit IFF and tell the bus driver wheter he can pull the trigger or not.

Not always, as I said in my example I had someone locked up and Jester wasn't saying anything more about the target... I had a bad feeling so I decided to VID, sure enough it was a friendly F14 (weather was bad, so it was hard to tell). USUALLY he does say, "We've locked a friendly." or something similar, but in this case he said nothing. I even unlocked and relocked to see if that would make him say something, this was on the GAW multiplayer server.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Not always, as I said in my example I had someone locked up and Jester wasn't saying anything more about the target... I had a bad feeling so I decided to VID, sure enough it was a friendly F14 (weather was bad, so it was hard to tell). USUALLY he does say, "We've locked a friendly." or something similar, but in this case he said nothing. I even unlocked and relocked to see if that would make him say something, this was on the GAW multiplayer server.

I described how I act being the RIO myself, flying together with a human pilot ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Same.

Jester AI not always shouts at you whether its bandit or friendly. Sometimes he does but in my experience mostly not. Untill option to remove obscured stick implemented, its quite hard in the heat of merge you have to take a peek at TID repeater to make sure its a bandit or not.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze