Details of v1.1 Flaming Cliffs *Updated- 25/11/04*

I think we and ED would be better served if UBI was left out of the equation completely.

Spot on ruggbutt. UBI has dropped the ball on too many occasions IMHO.

Yep! i think you are right, this sim dont make profic for them :? :evil: , any way there seens tobe not clear how the d/l sell would be done. I hope they fine a good solutions for this :wink:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully they make a paypal account for us to buy the addon :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I just wanna ask something i have seen in the past about teh ADDON

Lomac will have any increase in performace on the ATI cards or this improvement was ripped ouot ??

sorry i really cant remember who post this argument long time ago

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Oh one other thing about this forum ..putting a reply button at the bottom of the thread would be cool.

I agree. And it would be good if the page-navigation for the thread appeared at the bottom as well as at the top of the page.

sorry for late reply, Greenies.

I suggest you to edit your forum profile and select "subSilver" skin. It looks excellent, it has all buttons in English and finally you shell see a "reply" button and page navigation at the bottom as well as at the top.

Hey, the subSilver theme looks even better than the default one, and it has all the functionality that I have come to expect from these forums. Great advice, Dmut!

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

np Flanker, nice to hear from ya again. will be waiting for your skins ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

This looks good :wink: , shepki

My question is about the way it will be distributed. Is still by D/L or there will be another alternative?

:?:

. . . . Mail order from Russia?

Seriously, you won't be able to go and buy a CD in the west unless a western publisher picks it up. This addon is about to be released, the legalities concerning western distribution are tricky, and the potential profit to be made isn't much.

You can assume that no western publisher will pick it up.

So no. Download is very likely to be the only way.

they should make everyone wire them US dollars that way 50 usdollars = 2000 us dollars in russia .

correct me please im going off of old memory. But us dollars are worth big bucks in the conversion to russion dollars.

sorry im lazy

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

will ed include a saitek profile in with 1.1 like they did with 1.02?

will there be one for the x45 and one for the x52?

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Guest DeathAngelBR

(1) Flanker skins: last I looked, there was only one high resolution(2048x2048) Flanker(Su-27) skin.

(2) Countries: DeathAngelBR......the Lock-on region is in the Black Sea :wink: . India - and especially China, Vietnam and Japan are very much situated in East Asia, while Ethopia is in East Africa....how likely would you say it is to see Ethopian Su-27s flying around over the Crimean Peninsula? :lol:

(3) Isreali missiles: No there are no Pythons for the Israelis.....only Cobras for the Russians and Ukrainians :P (sorry )

1) There are lots of high resolution Su-27 skins. At the moment I have only one 512x512 skin and one 1024x1024 skin, all others are 2048x2048.

2) Just for the hell of it.

3) Eh?

python4_2l.jpg

python4_3l.jpg

python4_4l.jpg

3. He means they haven't been modelled.

It would probably require modelling HMDs (not that hard, since we have the mini-HUD) but also MFD's for the F-15, so I imagine this won't come until 1.2 or in a new project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

DeathAngel,

You wrote:

*ahem*

I'm still wondering:

High resolution skins for the Flankers?

More countries? China (Su-27), India (Su-30), Etiopia (Su-27), Vietnam (Su-27), Japan (F-15C)

Python 4 AAM for israeli F-16 and F-15?

I assumed you were asking whether these things are implemented in the upcoming 1.1 release ;) . If so the answers are:

1). In Lock-on 1.1...( ;) ), there is currently only one skin set of 2048 x 2048 in size - the rest(for both the Su-27 and Su-33) are still only 512 x 512 in size.....I dont know if this will change for the final release version.

2). No new countries have been added in Lock-on 1.1.

3). The Isreali Python missile is not modelled in Lock-on 1.1....I thought your the question concerned this :) . I am not disputing that the missile exists in "real life" :)

JJ

Well, given the current work, and setup it's alot easier to keep it in 512 x 512. Granted back then there was an emphasis for higher res skins, but it didn't materialize. There is alot of detail you can add to the Flanker, but you're talking alot of rivets man. And that makes the MIG-29 EASY. :wink:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

This looks good :wink: , shepki

My question is about the way it will be distributed. Is still by D/L or there will be another alternative?

:?:

. . . . Mail order from Russia?

Seriously, you won't be able to go and buy a CD in the west unless a western publisher picks it up. This addon is about to be released, the legalities concerning western distribution are tricky, and the potential profit to be made isn't much.

You can assume that no western publisher will pick it up.

So no. Download is very likely to be the only way.

I live in the states , just dled half life 2 last week and used my ati voucher and key . I had no problems with that.

Id be very happy to wire ED the money for this add on so they will be able to take advantage of the currency exchange rate.

:)

wow with all these new commands to learn to fly and use these planes I keep thinking of my favorite homestarrunner game

http://homestarrunner.com/sbzone.html

only 5 buttons on keyboard to play , everyone should check this out!!!!!

your head will a splode!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

You can get an awesome set of Su-27 1024x1024 skins from the Check Six gang. I use them for all the Su-27 shots in my previews of 1.1, and when they show up in my mission stories.

The MiG-29 Ukrainian splinter camo I use for Sacha and Vasily was done by EricJ . It's based on the Russian blue splinter camo sometimes seen on the Su-30 demonstrators.

Miao, Cat

Guest DeathAngelBR

Uhm another thing. If we're not getting those high-res skins, CAN WE ATLEAST HAVE UNLIMITED SKINS A LA IL2FB?

And NO, replacing the stock skins is unacceptable.

No, it's a programming problem. They would have to alter the entire structure of their program to accomodate this, from what I understand, because of the CLSIDs.

So you can ask for it all you want, but it's not happening without a major rewrite of the code. That is my understanding, anyway - not that I would mind having the ability to have unlimited skins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda