Heatblur plans for pilot's attitude/mindset towards RIOs?

D4n

This is the case I was expecting as I first heard of the possibility to fly an DCS aircraft with real people in two seats... Human pilots complaining about the human RIOs and vice versa. This will never work really well online, beside of the few people who know each other. But nontheless it is one of the best developments for DCS since the beginnings IMHO.

I hope HB is developing Jester AI much further as it is already awesome - I dont get it why there is so much moaning around here in the forums and also on YouTube about Jesters comments and his work... it is the first time we get an already decent working AI in your backseat inside one of the most iconic jetfighters ever. And this is just Beta! Sorry, but shutup and enjoy it.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

why would l want a random person l dont eaven know jump in the back seat and tallk BS to me for an hour and spoil my gameing time and tell me how to fly the jet. plus the person that jumps in to the back could be a rapist or something from some place in the World that l dont eaven know.

I guess you missed some socialization class in kindergarten.

That's how world works. You meet someone new, and indeed he maybe is a rapist, but you engage in conversation and activities and decide whether you enjoy it or not.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I can't imagine a situation where I would want someone to jump in the RIO seat who I don't already know very well. Since the Tomcat relies so heavily on not just good crew cooperation but also good crew competence, it is not (always) going to be in the best interest of the virtual pilot to just arbitrarily trust and hope that the random in the backseat can handle their part of the bargain.

Think of this from the perspective of the person in the pilot position. In order for them to do ANYTHING, the RIO needs to understand their role and what they are supposed to be doing. If they get a RIO who can't be bothered to learn, that RIO is (potentially) ruining the experience for all involved. Seriously. Imagine being in the front seat. You are going to intercept some aircraft and suddenly you find that your RIO can't read the radar or doesn't understand the difference between TWS and PD Search. Now you can't do your job and your time has been wasted.

I know it sounds harsh but perhaps this is good for the community in the long run. Having a aircraft module with a heavy emphasis on competence may encourage players who might not otherwise hit the figurative books to do so in a effort to be more desirable as a RIO.

It is one thing to have someone on your wing who can't handle the basics, you can still (kinda) do your thing. It is entirely another when you rely on someone in the RIO seat to get anything done. At this stage, I think Jester or someone you know and already trust is a better bet.

as l was reading this msg l thought to my self this sounds very fimmiliar to someone l know. so checked the nick name and l was right :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's how world works. You meet someone new, and indeed he maybe is a rapist, but you engage in conversation and activities and decide whether you enjoy it or not.

I don't know what Kindergarten you went to, but in my Kindergarten they said "Don't talk to strangers"

:)

I don't know what Kindergarten you went to, but in my Kindergarten they said "Don't talk to strangers"

:)

Well, you haven't learned that lesson as well since you're "talking" to one right now. :P

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I've had RIOs who claimed to be proficient leave countermeasures disabled, radar cold, and RWR off.

What the ACTUAL f*ck xDD PM me their names pls. (jk)

Why wouldn't you just run SRS when you run DCS?

Because Discord has voice-activation, SRS doesn't. And when a RIO is already clicking tons of buttons and stuff in VR with the VR-zoom-button and the " + " icon (LAlt+C) he doesn't wanna press ANOTHER button just to shout "bandit left, BANDIT LEFT!!!!!" at the pilot/you.

He could speak bad English, have no idea what he's doing, be a jerk or have no humor and hen I'm stuck with him. Yay.

Lol dude, don't feel so helpless omfg... :P xD There are admins/moderators available nearly 24/7 (for the most famous DCS servers at least), you can easily contact them on their discords if there is none online on the DCS server itself. DCS server admins/mods are more than happy to tell a RIO to "please learn the basics in singleplayer, THEN on PvE servers with AWACS-datalink and THEN on PvP servers".

And no, you didn't have SRS because myself and others talked about you on it while you stole that ride. megalol.gif

I was, but probably on another frequency, as you didn't state your frequency in team-chat.

@Spooky thank you. :pilotfly:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

That's how world works.

That's how your world works.

In the mean time stop telling others how anything social works when your intro is a personal insult already.

:doh:

DanielNL is bang on the money as ever, he must have an IQ of 180.

If I wanna hop in the back seat of an F-14 and **** some dude's plane up that's my right to do so. I mean it's literally 50/50 ownership of the aircraft right. And let's be honest, the F-14 is basically abandonware so we need all the RIO's we can get.

Seize the means of radar operation comrades!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Yep, in soviet russia you don't visit kindergarten, instead, kindergarten visits you... lol

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

If I wanna hop in the back seat of an F-14 and **** some dude's plane up [...]

Why would anyone want to "**** up" some dude's plane?

Lol dude, don't feel so helpless omfg... :P xD There are admins/moderators available nearly 24/7 (for the most famous DCS servers at least), you can easily contact them on their discords if there is none online on the DCS server itself. DCS server admins/mods are more than happy to tell a RIO to "please learn the basics in singleplayer, THEN on PvE servers with AWACS-datalink and THEN on PvP servers".

Maybe you are the kind of person that feels entitled enough to bother an admin/moderator to make a RIO leave your cockpit, I don't care, I am sure as Hell not and I start to wonder why it is so difficult for you to

a) understand the reasoning behind some people's arguments here and

b) accept the fact that their opinion differs from yours

I also find it funny that the guy who wants to get into other people's RIO seats says:

Because Discord has voice-activation, SRS doesn't. And when a RIO is already clicking tons of buttons and stuff in VR with the VR-zoom-button and the " + " icon (LAlt+C) he doesn't wanna press ANOTHER button just to shout "bandit left, BANDIT LEFT!!!!!" at the pilot/you.

Yes it does, more precisely the Tomcat does, and that is a prime example why I do not let strangers into my RIO seat.

And even if you could not set the ICS to HOT MIC, I still wouldn't want a RIO that feels overwhelmed by holding down a button to tell me a potentially life-saving information.

Tomcat hasn't, RIO has to push the pedal to speak... one of a kind military aircraft system, no other aircraft has it afaik

we did not get tought to speek to strangers and specialy rapeists and decide if thay were nice people or not in kindergarden. what sorta kindergarden did you go to mate :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why would anyone want to "**** up" some dude's plane?

on a competitive server to hurt the opposing team people will just switch and jump in a RIO seat and mess up that flight.

Nobody wants to give unlimited access to the RIO slot to a stranger. It's never going to happen.

You should just forget about this idea and instead be friendly, don't aggravate the player base in discord and servers instead of causing friction and getting banned !

You know, that invasion of my cockpit space in the early release days of the F-14 has left me severely traumatized, unable to cold start aircraft now without a constant fear hovering over me, that some random person is going to hop in and start firing off Phoenix missiles at everyone.

I'm starting to wonder just what Heatblur's going to do about that for me. :joystick: :megalol:

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Well, servers already disabled the "auto-allow-join" thing... xD thank god, in the case that Dagger just explained (about some trolls apparently to "hurt opposing team" to jump in RIO seat and probably force-eject the pilot? I guess that's what they did then, that'd had hurt the team most before the patch, ejecting of F-14 just before pilot want's to fire a missile)