Ground engine restart = never-ending alarm?

Preendog

Does anyone know how to avoid the never ending alarm after a ground engine restart? I get it whenever I repair. For those not familiar with this cool thing, this is how you do it.

1. Be on ground, hot, in any configuration.

2. Turn off engines (via throttle idle-off or emergency shutoff buttons)

3. Turn on APU.

4. Start left engine.

5. Start Right engine.

6. Take off.

7. Bwee bwee... bwee bwee (the same alarm as the low altitude alarm)

Every, single, time. All of the systems work, and I can fly for an hour with the alarm going. Strangely, if I do the above steps, but in the air (also with APU), the never-ending alarm does not sound. It only happens if I restart the engines on the ground.

This magic is beyond me so I call out to a higher power.

Edited by Preendog

My have something to do with weather you have, baro or rdr alt selected.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Could it have anything to do with starting the engines in the wrong order? Should be right first not left. Just throwing it out there. Track file might help as well.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I've experienced this annoyance before as well...so irritating that I scrapped the 2nd half of an otherwise exhilarating mission..what a pisser.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it up and thanks to Py for the solution; I'll test that out on my next flight.

It would be cool if someone with a lot of hours in this plane would document these as an in-flight manual, would make a great addition to the kneeboard.

This plane makes a lot of noises without really telling me what she's trying to say...maybe that's why we lovingly refer to planes as female :)

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

As Py said it is the Radar Alt alarm. I have had the same issue however, turning it off then back on did not reset anything. It kept going off so I just turned the Radar Alt knob back to 0 to turn it off completely.

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Restarting the F-18 after complete shutdown will mess up with the systems and became un-fuctional in some way. Specially the FCS.

Try to do a FCS Bit test after restart and it will fail. All flight surfaces will stop responding to stick input.