3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

19 minutes ago, greyeagle787 said:

Hello, Do the optional features additions also go into the bin folder as is or open them and install the 2 folders within?

I made them for all versions of the mod, so by default they will be put in bin and bin\3dmigoto. But if you install them manually just put them in the same place than the version you are using...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hello, I'm experiencing 3dmigoto errors using DCS multithreaded version.
I can't sort it out and it lowers the FPS to about 20.

I find hundreds of the following lines in the log :
  failed result = 80004002 for 000000BE3A9FF238

1 hour ago, kyodjiin said:

Hello, I'm experiencing 3dmigoto errors using DCS multithreaded version.
I can't sort it out and it lowers the FPS to about 20.

I find hundreds of the following lines in the log :

I use the mod and the MT without any issue. Did you check your graphic options ? Can you post a track with the su25T showing your problem ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

2023/04/14 for stable 2.8.1.34667.2 and OB  2.8.4.38947

• bug fix: sharpen and color changes were applied 2 times with OB

As I had the time to fly a bit I discovered an issue. For some OB version, the shader I use to change color and do sharpen is not displayed in the HMD miror view, but it is in the VR HMD !

As I'm using the miror view to setup mode fixes I though it was no more used and setup a new shader for color changes, in addition of the previous one. As I did some fix in the new shader with previous version and had still the same bugs, I discovered this hidden double usage !

So now there is only the original color/sharpen fix, performance may be a bit better and sharpen quality also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi again, 

so with v. 21.4 and OpenXR toolkit (I have tried v 1.3.0 and 1.3.2) I get a "stripe" as in the attached pic. This doubles while in the headset (one per eye). 

The stripe is present if I enable Fixed Foveated rendering in OpenXR toolkit. It does not happen with 3dMigoto v 21.3, and I have no clue why?

EDIT: it has to do also with OTT (I'm on a Quest 2). If I have the pixel density set to 1.0, the stripe does not display. anything under that seems to make the stripe appear. 

image.png

Edited by SPAS79

12 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

Hi again, 

so with v. 21.4 and OpenXR toolkit (I have tried v 1.3.0 and 1.3.2) I get a "stripe" as in the attached pic. This doubles while in the headset (one per eye). 

The stripe is present if I enable Fixed Foveated rendering in OpenXR toolkit. It does not happen with 3dMigoto v 21.3, and I have no clue why?

EDIT: it has to do also with OTT (I'm on a Quest 2). If I have the pixel density set to 1.0, the stripe does not display. anything under that seems to make the stripe appear.

Hello, I'll try to reproduce, but the only thing I can test is fixed foveated rendering in OpenXR toolkit, as I have a reverb. Do you have issue with any planes and not when using menu ?

That's a bit strange anyway, because the last version remove color/sharpen effect rendered in double, so they are no more displayed in mirror view. So the issue may be created by another effect. I wonder which one...

Did you try to reduce pidel density in DCS or openXR instead of the Quest tool ?

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, I'll try to reproduce, but the only thing I can test is fixed foveated rendering in OpenXR toolkit, as I have a reverb. Do you have issue with any planes and not when using menu ?

That's a bit strange anyway, because the last version remove color/sharpen effect rendered in double, so they are no more displayed in mirror view. So the issue may be created by another effect. I wonder which one...

Did you try to reduce pidel density in DCS or openXR instead of the Quest tool ?

Yes I have the issue with all the models I have tested with and while in game (without the menu displaying). 

Yes if I reduce PD in DCS all is good. It's just with OTT. 

OTT seems to apply the PD as soon as the game loads and on the whole VR space (i.e. I can see PD going down in oculus home when OTT sees DCS launching and applies its PD), whereas DCS applies it only within DCS, so that might be where the issue lies. 

In the end, this seems to be a fringe incompatibility with OTT, simply keeping OTT's PD at 1 (potentially above 1 will work too) is an acceptable workaround to me. I wrote it down here for situational awareness and to have it somewhere I can go back to when the issue comes up again and I don't remember what the cause was.  

Hello! 

In last version .4 I have a problem that don't have in .3. the sharpen option Cockpit+Extern produces all tint to red. As said in .3 doesn't happen.

Also I have a problem in previous aswell of black cursor. Shift+F11 don't fix it and dont' see any option in night parameters to fix it. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, lethal205 said:

Is there a way I can copy/transfer my settings between different versions of the mod?

I want to copy my NVG settings to the newest release, but I can't seem to find out which files I would need to copy/paste. 

The mod is not containing the settings (which are in d3dx_user.ini, in the folder where are  d3dx.ini, shaderfixes,... ). So if you use ovgme you can uninstall / re install without loosing them.

3 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Hello! 

In last version .4 I have a problem that don't have in .3. the sharpen option Cockpit+Extern produces all tint to red. As said in .3 doesn't happen.

Also I have a problem in previous aswell of black cursor. Shift+F11 don't fix it and dont' see any option in night parameters to fix it. 

Thanks!

I'll have a look. What are your settings ?

11 hours ago, Japo32 said:

it doesn't matter the settings. You can remove them and just put the Cockpit+extern and it will tint all to red. At least in my computer.

There are different shaders for MSAA0x, 2x and 4x. 

2 hours ago, Japo32 said:

here  it is:

And how about the black cursor? it is surrounded by 1pixel green border, but it is very difficult to see in black cockpits.

Thanks!

I can not reproduce both of your issues...Even the cusor is blue...Which DCS version are you using ?

By the way, if you take a look at the first post :

• The mod for is not compatible with "cockpit illumination", "lens effect", SSLR, SSA, and "Blur Flat Shadows" . They must be off. 

Screen_230419_144939.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01

6 minutes ago, Stodla_Bua said:

Hi, quick Question:

If I´m using the MT version do I need to install the mod in the bin folder or the bin-mt folder?

I´m new to this so I´m not sure where to put it

thx in andvance.

It goes in the regular bin folder. Not in the MT folder.  Be sure you start the app first before you start DCS. The app will know which version you are starting up on its own 👍

• Like 1

Image36.jpg

Salut lefuneste01,

Finally, I was able to reproduce the fps drop error with 3DMigoto and DCS VR Multithread version, using a SU25T.
  I just have to go into F10 map and back to F1 cockpit view to decrease fps from 40ish to 20.
  It doesn't happen when running DCS without 3DMigoto.

The error log shows infinite loop : 
     failed result = 80004002 for 00000032113FF898

d3d11_log.20230426-225900.txt

8 hours ago, kyodjiin said:

Salut lefuneste01,

Finally, I was able to reproduce the fps drop error with 3DMigoto and DCS VR Multithread version, using a SU25T.
  I just have to go into F10 map and back to F1 cockpit view to decrease fps from 40ish to 20.
  It doesn't happen when running DCS without 3DMigoto.

The error log shows infinite loop : 

d3d11_log.20230426-225900.txt 2.22 MB · 2 downloads

I can not reproduce. I used instant action / su25T/ free flight, 60 fps before, during and after going into map...

The messages "failed result =" are occuring whatever you use F10 map and may be different. They are existing even with the "bare" 3dmigoto library and, from what I understood, are created when you exit the game...

So please create a track that will reproduce the issue everytime played and post it with your settings (DCS and 3dmigoto).

4 hours ago, kyodjiin said:

it has something to do with graphics shared memory so you can’t reproduce it without filling your VRAM with an heavily loaded mission. 
anyway, I’ll try to produce a track file

If you could say the issue was occuring in MT with the mod and not wihtout it, it means you have a robust way to reproduce. Otherwise it may be a random issue maybe not linked to the mod...

Hi Lefuneste01,

How this is possible, Mod work on MT, but not work on ST same settings, try to reinstall mod, nothing work, not coloration not sharpness impossible change 😕

i7 12700K overclock 5Ghz + MSi RTX4090 Ventus x3 24GB OC + G-Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB 4000Mhz + Samsung M.2 + HP Reverb V2 + Logitech G X56