Touch Portal App

Edit: Comments were removed when posted 🙃

I think that I have done the process right, because the modifications are shown in the files in the TP plugin folders

image.png

image.png

In TP I can see the new named value, but the availables values are "NOT AVAILABLE"

image.png

Edited by Kyle_Katarn

4 hours ago, xoomigo said:
Kyle,

Reporting a DCS-BIOS parameter/value as 2 parameters with different formats is doable - but it requires a major review of the design. Let's park this for now until DCS-COINS version 2.0 is released.

Dude, forget all about splitting the TACAN freq in two values.

Reviewing the A10C pp file I have found a Left and Right channel selector related with the TACAN, so here they are the values what I was looking for.

The only issue is that the definition is limited to 10, but now I know how to update this limit, thanks.

Edit:

I had tryed to update the ranges of the left and right channel selectors, but the behaviour is not the expected.

image.png

With this definition the left channel selector range is from 0 to 9, the 10 is showed but instantly changed to 0, 11 is showed as 1 and 12 as 2

Edit: I see that DCS-BIOS is reporting exactly those values, so on DCS-COINS side everything is right

Edited by Kyle_Katarn

1 hour ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Edit: Comments were removed when posted 🙃

I think that I have done the process right, because the modifications are shown in the files in the TP plugin folders

image.png

image.png

In TP I can see the new named value, but the availables values are "NOT AVAILABLE"

image.png

The "NOT AVAILABLE" is shown when the Enum name lookup fails. There are two possibilities. One is that there the Enum name specified in the 2 PP files are not matching (due to existence of control character which are not displayable, and/space). The other is that your TP is still using the old cache info from the previous entry.tp file - which is the more likely case.

1. Uninstall the plugin from TP and quit TP.

Re-run the DCS-COINS_Setup.exe to generate the new Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp.

2. Open up the DCS-COINS\Munt.G_DCS-COINS\entry.tp file with a text editor and search for "vhfam_freq1_rot" and it should show the following at few lines below:

"valueChoices": ["3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10", "11", "12", "13", "14", "15"]

3. If step# 2 is in order, run TP and install the plugin - making sure to load the correct/latest Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp (refer to the file creation date).

4. After successful installation of the plugin in TP, exit TP again.

5. Load TP again and you should get the values concerned.

1 hour ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Dude, forget all about splitting the TACAN freq in two values.

Reviewing the A10C pp file I have found a Left and Right channel selector related with the TACAN, so here they are the values what I was looking for.

The only issue is that the definition is limited to 10, but now I know how to update this limit, thanks.

Okie dokie.

Err.. What's the limitation of 10 issue? It is something on DCS-COINS? If so, can you please elaborate more?

13 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

The "NOT AVAILABLE" is shown when the Enum name lookup fails. There are two possibilities. One is that there the Enum name specified in the 2 PP files are not matching (due to existence of control character which are not displayable, and/space). The other is that your TP is still using the old cache info from the previous entry.tp file - which is the more likely case.

2. Open up the DCS-COINS\Munt.G_DCS-COINS\entry.tp file with a text editor and search for "vhfam_freq1_rot" and it should show the following at few lines below:

"valueChoices": ["3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10", "11", "12", "13", "14", "15"]

3. If step# 2 is in order, run TP and install the plugin - making sure to load the correct/latest Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp (refer to the file creation date).

Okie dokie.

Err.. What's the limitation of 10 issue? It is something on DCS-COINS? If so, can you please elaborate more?

Ok, I'll try again the Enum adition fir the radios.

Abaout the limitation of 10 issue, I have edited a second time my last post.

Is no an issue on DCS-COINS side, is DCS-BIOS/DCS which have defines that  the rotary knob for the left channel selector of the TACAN have 10 position, so DCS-BIOS report that the  knob run throught the steps 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and again use the position 0 to indicate the 100 Mhz, position 1 to 110 Mhz and the 2 for the 120 Mhz.

Whit this when I recover the value of the left channel selector, is normal that I cant get anything over 9.

I'll try to setup an Enum to this parameter, but first I must to achieve the radion working propertly

4 hours ago, xoomigo said:

I have re-do this subject and the NOT AVAILABLE is not shown anymore, but also my new enum is not shown

Plugin uninstalled

TP closed

The .tp file have the correct value choices

All the files in use have the more recent date

image.png

On 1/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, xoomigo said:

Dear DCS-COINS users,

I have just released the following update:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319022/

2022-01-15: Support for A-10C II, FC3 aircraft, FC3-compatible mods, Hornet variants, CW Spitfire and others sharing DCS-BIOS lua/json files. Repacked with DCS-BIOS 0.7.44. Reverted to original DCS-BIOS file naming scheme (Mosquito-related files). User-friendly values for UH-1H for switches and knobs.

Regarding TP v3.x, I have no success figuring out why only certain F/A-18C text parameters are incompatible with it (for the drop-down editing option). Hoping that the next TP release will fix the issue. Until then, advisable to stay with TP v2.x for those building pages for the F/A-18C. No idea whether other aircraft modules are similarly impacted.

Cheers!

This evening TP has released a new version, une of the fixes is:

Fixed dynamically created plug-in values not showing in text replacements list

Could this one be related with the missing options for the F18?

When I create a new Enumeration and later is used in the .pp file of the airplane, not all of them are working propertly

I have attached my files so you can test it

There are 4 new enums for the A-10C and only the LaserArm and the UhfPoint25Mhz are working more or less fine, because the UhfPoint25Mhz is being updated a little bit slower than other things.

I need to comment a lot of events that I'm not using, maybe this could imprube a little the performance

A-10C.pp aircraftEnums.pp

7 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

I have re-do this subject and the NOT AVAILABLE is not shown anymore, but also my new enum is not shown

Plugin uninstalled

TP closed

The .tp file have the correct value choices

All the files in use have the more recent date

image.png

Kyle, you were using the wrong parameter. Instead of "Frequency Selector 1 Rotation", it should be "Frequency Selector 1".

You can get the following from DCSFlightpanel DCS-BIOS. Unzip and the info is in <download>/DCS-BIOS_0.7.44/DCS-BIOS/doc/control-reference.html.

image.png

Yeah, possible. Will try it later.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:51 AM, Kyle_Katarn said:

Alas..., TP ver 3.0.5 did not fix the issue.

It no longer displays DCS-COINS category (DCS aircraft module) in segments as in ver 3.0.4 (a feature I really like) but lumps all in one list. The more aircraft modules you setup, the longer the list. And the longer you will need to scroll to get to the aircraft parameters located at the bottom. Will go crazy doing that for the Apache... And worst of all, once you include F/A-18C in the list, the list will not show at all for any aircraft. So, the latest version is worse than the previous one. 😒

I will reach out to the TP support team later - after I am done with DCS-COINS ver 2. So for the time being, stay with TP ver 2.3.01.

Edited by xoomigo
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, xoomigo said:

Alas..., TP ver 3.0.5 did not fix the issue.

It no longer displays DCS-COINS category (DCS aircraft module) in segments as in ver 3.0.4 (a feature I really like) but lumps all in one list. The more aircraft modules you setup, the longer the list. And the longer you will need to scroll to get to the aircraft parameters located at the bottom. Will go crazy doing that for the Apache... And worst of all, once you include F/A-18C in the list, the list will not show at all for any aircraft. So, the latest version is worse than the previous one. 😒

I will reach out to the TP support team later - after I am done with DCS-COINS ver 2. So for the time being, stay with TP ver 2.3.01.

Ok, I'm good with the TP 2.X

I was thinking abouit the ever long list of events when multiple airplanes are used and, What if you deploy one TP file for each module selected in the installer?

So the user need to install in TP one plugin per module, but also get one drop down per module with only the events of this module.

I don't know inners of the code but looks like that don't need too much modifications, maybe the most complicated could be the task of reply the events from DCS-BIOS to each plugin, but there is only one module active, so maybe could be managed in some way not too much complicated.

The Discord server of TP is very active and the developers section is very active. Those are the goods.

The cons could be that if you reveal the plugin for DCS, they will create a channel just for you and a lot of people will start to ask stupid things like I do 😅 and maybe with one dumb in the room is enough 🤣

On 1/19/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kyle_Katarn said:

Ok, I'm good with the TP 2.X

I was thinking abouit the ever long list of events when multiple airplanes are used and, What if you deploy one TP file for each module selected in the installer?

So the user need to install in TP one plugin per module, but also get one drop down per module with only the events of this module.

I don't know inners of the code but looks like that don't need too much modifications, maybe the most complicated could be the task of reply the events from DCS-BIOS to each plugin, but there is only one module active, so maybe could be managed in some way not too much complicated.

The Discord server of TP is very active and the developers section is very active. Those are the goods.

The cons could be that if you reveal the plugin for DCS, they will create a channel just for you and a lot of people will start to ask stupid things like I do 😅 and maybe with one dumb in the room is enough 🤣

Nah, not going that path. It will lead to a myriad of other issues that I had wanted to avoid right from the start.

If they do create a discord channel for DCS-COINS, perhaps you can moderate and answer any questions there... yes? 😁

BTW, how's your progress with the enumeration of the A-10C PP (push parameters)? DCS-COINS version 2 is almost done. Planning to release it either this weekend or early next week. I would like to include your A-10C PP/enums if it's ready.

Edited by xoomigo

5 hours ago, xoomigo said:

Nah, not going that path. It will lead to a myriad of other issues that I had wanted to avoid right from the start.

If they do create a discord channel for DCS-COINS, perhaps you can moderate and answer any questions there... yes? 😁

BTW, how's your progress with the enumeration of the A-10C PP (push parameters)? DCS-COINS version 2 is almost done. Planning to release it either this weekend or early next week. I would like to include your A-10C PP/enums if it's ready.

I dont have advance more than the file I attached to a previous post, sorry but I was busy with other non-hobbies related subjects.

I think until weekend I couldnt do any more

17 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

I dont have advance more than the file I attached to a previous post, sorry but I was busy with other non-hobbies related subjects.

I think until weekend I couldnt do any more

That's okay. No worries. No pressure. 😎

Do it at your convenience and pace, and I will add it in when it's good and ready.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:20 PM, Sierr4 said:

Because i need to read other display values but i'm noob on this 😅
image.png
It's my portal touch page for UFC.. i found this somewhere on internet.. But i want read another values.. Fuel flow for exemple.. you have Discord ? is more easly..
Add me pls : [VFA-12] Sierr4#6183

This was my first UFC, i made this one, now its total complete!

image.png

Marcos Paes - UFC F-18.tpzHere is my working UFC!

On 1/20/2022 at 10:02 PM, xoomigo said:

Do it at your convenience and pace, and I will add it in when it's good and ready.

If you guys wants, can use my Discord for COINS
we have the discord DCSBrasil.net (also the website www.dcsbrasil.net)
We do a lot of missions there (in english and in portuguese), iIf you want i can make a Room for DCS COINS there!
Or contact me on Discord: Pipo#8073
https://discord.gg/9Xt6qbREST

Edited by Marcos Paes

On 1/21/2022 at 2:02 AM, xoomigo said:

Ok Xoomigo.

I have some time to create new Enums at least for the parameters which I'm using, but the new Enums are not working and I don't know why.

I have review your howto but I cant find where I'm failing.

The new enums are for the VHF_AM rotary 1, VHF_AM rotary 4, VHF_FM rotary 1, VHF_FM rotary 4, UHF 100Mhz selector, ilsMhz selector and ilsKhz selector.

Here I have attached the enum and the aicraft file I'm using.

Give it a look, and let me know what the helI'm doing wrong

OH!, right now I have realized that I'm using the app in version 3.0.2 for the android tablet and for the Pc the last version 2.x. Maybe this could interfere in some way and this is the cause of the behaviour I'm getting.

A-10C.pp aircraftEnums.pp

On 1/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, Marcos Paes said:

If you guys wants, can use my Discord for COINS

we have the discord DCSBrasil.net (also the website www.dcsbrasil.net)
We do a lot of missions there (in english and in portuguese), iIf you want i can make a Room for DCS COINS there!
Or contact me on Discord: Pipo#8073
https://discord.gg/9Xt6qbREST

Marcos, thanks for the offer. But the issue is not so much on where to host it. It's more on who's going to support it. People who post questions/issues in a Discord channel expects quick chat response - something which I am unable to commit to. I would prefer to use this forum instead where someone else may also chime in to help. Thanks anyway. 😊

BTW, interesting activities you have there in your website. 🖕

Ok Xoomigo.

I have some time to create new Enums at least for the parameters which I'm using, but the new Enums are not working and I don't know why.

I have review your howto but I cant find where I'm failing.

The new enums are for the VHF_AM rotary 1, VHF_AM rotary 4, VHF_FM rotary 1, VHF_FM rotary 4, UHF 100Mhz selector, ilsMhz selector and ilsKhz selector.

Here I have attached the enum and the aicraft file I'm using.

Give it a look, and let me know what the helI'm doing wrong

OH!, right now I have realized that I'm using the app in version 3.0.2 for the android tablet and for the Pc the last version 2.x. Maybe this could interfere in some way and this is the cause of the behaviour I'm getting.

Kyle,

Your entries are good and in order.

I have encountered the same issue when re-working my TP pages recently.

Think this is due to TP's design to ensure that TP pages are functionaly-independent. Saved values in events, states and actions in a page button are 'frozen' as-is. Therefore, subsequent changes in DCS-COINS enums/values are not synced to the existing buttons.

To fix it, you will need to delete the previous events or states (or actions with regard to DCS-COINS v2) and re-create them for the buttons concerned.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, xoomigo said:

Kyle,

Think this is due to TP's design to ensure that TP pages are functionaly-independent. Saved values in events, states and actions in a page button are 'frozen' as-is. Therefore, subsequent changes in DCS-COINS enums/values are not synced to the existing buttons.

To fix it, you will need to delete the previous events or states (or actions with regard to DCS-COINS v2) and re-create them for the buttons concerned.

Roger roger.

I know that it must be a little detail on my side.

Thanks!

On 1/24/2022 at 4:08 AM, xoomigo said:

Kyle,

I have redone the buttons using the events with new Enums, but it still doesnt work🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

I have redone the buttons using the events with new Enums, but it still doesnt work🤷‍♂️

1. The PP files you edited should be from the initial acdb folder which was extracted from the zip file, not the acdb folder in the TP plugin folder.

2. After making the changes to the PP files, did you uninstall DCS-COINS plugin from TP? And then re-run DCS-COINS_Setup.exe, followed by reinstalling the plugin back into TP?

Edited by xoomigo

2 hours ago, xoomigo said:

1. The PP files you edited should be from the initial acdb folder which was extracted from the zip file, not the acdb folder in the TP plugin folder.

2. After making the changes to the PP files, did you uninstall DCS-COINS plugin from TP? And then re-run DCS-COINS_Setup.exe, followed by reinstalling the plugin back into TP?

Exactly.

Even when the plugin is re-installed I close TP and re-open it

Exactly.

Even when the plugin is re-installed I close TP and re-open it

Kyle, let me have a look at your generated entry.tp file. Send me a copy of your TP file entry.tp in your C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\TouchPortal\plugins\Munt.G_DCS-COINS via Discord and we will take it from there.

• Thanks 1