Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added OH-58D Kiowa!)

Posted (edited)

An update. Bailey's (F5) profile is now working for me. I am not too certain on why it now recognizes and carries out commands,whereas before it seemed to recognize correctly but nothing was executed. I am finding however,that VoiceAttack is really sensitive to any incorrect microphone input,especially mic placement,lack of gain,and especially any distortion from too much gain. Also in my case also,speaking a command in halted words,thinking that you are making it easier for VA wasnt working....just clearly saying something like"tune kobuleti tacan" works fantastic now. Thanks to Bailey and the great work.....

I am curious what the "target freq" is higher and the "target freq is lower" text replys mean in VoiceAttack,even though it works great??

Also curious as to why VA correctly shows a value, such as 067 for a tacan freq.,but the game changes the tacan to an incorrect value. Thanks for the help!!

Edited by _JMax
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, _JMax said:

An update. Bailey's (F5) profile is now working for me. I am not too certain on why it now recognizes and carries out commands,whereas before it seemed to recognize correctly but nothing was executed. I am finding however,that VoiceAttack is really sensitive to any incorrect microphone input,especially mic placement,lack of gain,and especially any distortion from too much gain. Also in my case also,speaking a command in halted words,thinking that you are making it easier for VA wasnt working....just clearly saying something like"tune kobuleti tacan" works fantastic now. Thanks to Bailey and the great work.....

I am curious what the "target freq" is higher and the "target freq is lower" text replys mean in VoiceAttack,even though it works great??

Also curious as to why VA correctly shows a value, such as 067 for a tacan freq.,but the game changes the tacan to an incorrect value. Thanks for the help!!

Thank you for coming back and letting us know what worked better for you. 

As for the "target freq" stuff, it seems like I may have left some debugging commands on. oops!

VA displays the correct value, that is good. That is feedback to the player so they know they were heard correctly. There can be 2 main reasons why this correct value is not represented in the game.
1) The math logic is incorrect in VA.
2) The player did not set the baseline freq as according to the readme (if applicable. Each module can be different.)

• Bailey changed the title to Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added F-4E Phantom II!)
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Really looking forward to the OH-58 profile! Like a giddy child. 

I am working on an OH-58D Voice Attack profile. 

Edited by TFS
  • Like 1

Thanks @Bailey for these great profiles. However I am wondering if there is any way I can disable/delete the cockpit and DCS commands? I realise that I can just jot use these but I have found that there is overlap with my own DCS game commands, and also some room for error. For example yesterday I had a misrecognition with the auto shutdown mid flight (F4). I would like to improve my flight safety by ensuring this isn't possible! Also as I would like to use some others I think there is overlap between them. I did try to open the edit window but as soon as the DCS control category was on screen voice attack seems to go unresponsive? Never had this happen before. Task manager hasn't said it's unresponsive but I have been unable to interact with it. I think I probably do not need the 870 commands in this section. 

I would happily pay for a version that is AI controls only. Started up the F4 yesterday and absolutely loved doing it by voice! Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

Thanks @Bailey for these great profiles. However I am wondering if there is any way I can disable/delete the cockpit and DCS commands? I realise that I can just jot use these but I have found that there is overlap with my own DCS game commands, and also some room for error. For example yesterday I had a misrecognition with the auto shutdown mid flight (F4). I would like to improve my flight safety by ensuring this isn't possible! Also as I would like to use some others I think there is overlap between them. I did try to open the edit window but as soon as the DCS control category was on screen voice attack seems to go unresponsive? Never had this happen before. Task manager hasn't said it's unresponsive but I have been unable to interact with it. I think I probably do not need the 870 commands in this section. 

I would happily pay for a version that is AI controls only. Started up the F4 yesterday and absolutely loved doing it by voice! Thanks again. 

• Yes, it is entirely possible! It can be done a few different ways. I guess the easiest will be to do it for ya, haha. PM me your profile (assuming it is modified) and I can take care of that for you.
  • The second way is to go into the profile commands (which I understand you are having issue with), Edit the command, and untick the first checkbox. That will disable the speech recognition for the command.
  • The third way is by simply selecting the command and pressing the delete key. 

Posted (edited)

As is tradition, I intend to release the Kiowa Voice Attack about two days from now (giving it a week for any developer hit fixes). Are there any last minute feature requests or ideas?

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 10:01 AM, Bailey said:
  • Yes, it is entirely possible! It can be done a few different ways. I guess the easiest will be to do it for ya, haha. PM me your profile (assuming it is modified) and I can take care of that for you.
  • The second way is to go into the profile commands (which I understand you are having issue with), Edit the command, and untick the first checkbox. That will disable the speech recognition for the command.
  • The third way is by simply selecting the command and pressing the delete key. 

Thank for your help! After rebooting the PC I was able to fully access the profile. 

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

Thank for your help! After rebooting the PC I was able to fully access the profile. 

Good old turn it off and back on again. Nice! Enjoy!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marcin_B said:

Hello, I have a problem with the F-4 file: VA recognizes the command but there is no reaction. Where could be the problem?

Did you import the keybinds?

1 hour ago, Marcin_B said:

Yes for keyboard in F-4 pilot profile

Is DCS the active window when the command is said?
You may want to troubleshoot using another profile and making a simple "gear up" command with "G". See if that works.

1 hour ago, Marcin_B said:

I found the reason: the VA window was on top and DCS must be active 🙂 Thanks for your help!

Awesome. Enjoy!

Has anyone experienced issues only with the crew chief?
After the update the commands are recognized but the crew chief doesn't answer. he does  listen when i use the ui wheel. i have no problems talking to the wso.

2 hours ago, goofball said:

Has anyone experienced issues only with the crew chief?
After the update the commands are recognized but the crew chief doesn't answer. he does  listen when i use the ui wheel. i have no problems talking to the wso.

He's fine for me.

Maybe just check that the command in the VA profile matches the binds in DCS.  Other than that, if everything else works normally I'm not sure what the issue is.

Edited by Biggus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1