WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.7.3 RELEASE

WINWING

Dear,

2.About the length of extensions is a big question for us , and the reason why not in stock. We still self-criticism about it.

A kit with 2 included sizes could solve this issue. One shorter, and another longer.

If only including 1 extension size, I vote for the same length as a real mounted FA/18 Stick.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winwing,

One cautionary thought that I had: I think I remember you mentioning Super Libra base deflection of 20 degrees. I think this is considerably higher than the deflection of competing bases from Virpil and VKB. I am not saying wrong, but just pointing out that this is a significantly different design decision.

If the consumer uses a desk mount, there is a potential issue with nose down inputs interfering with the users desk. You can counter this by designing a desk mount with more desk clearance, but then this puts additional strain on the stability and strength of the desk mount (and potential damage to your desk).

I've seen the photos of your proposed desk mount. 1) Would a grip hit the desk mount if deflected nose down 20 degrees and with left/right aileron input? 2) Same question with when used with an extension.

(The VKB extension actually has a kink in it to help increase clearance with the desk / cockpit.)

Maybe take a look at the Monstertech desk mounts: they have a nice quick release handle to allow users to remove a HOTAS from their desk easily. For users like me that have to work on my home PC this is very useful. While I like the design of your HOTAS, I am underwhelmed so far by the design of your desk mount. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised? I don't know. But it looks like a weak link / afterthought. I am just looking at it as a bonus so far, as it is a launch freebie, but for me I might get end up getting an aftermarket solution from Monstertech if I am not happy.

Sorry for the ramble!

Looking forward to my HOTAS regardless!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A kit with 2 included sizes could solve this issue. One shorter, and another longer.

If only including 1 extension size, I vote for the same length as a real mounted FA/18 Stick.

The real one has different actuation points for pitch and roll, though.

There is a choice to be made either way.

mvc-130s.jpg

Winwing,

One cautionary thought that I had: I think I remember you mentioning Super Libra base deflection of 20 degrees. I think this is considerably higher than the deflection of competing bases from Virpil and VKB. I am not saying wrong, but just pointing out that this is a significantly different design decision.

If the consumer uses a desk mount, there is a potential issue with nose down inputs interfering with the users desk. You can counter this by designing a desk mount with more desk clearance, but then this puts additional strain on the stability and strength of the desk mount (and potential damage to your desk).

I've seen the photos of your proposed desk mount. 1) Would a grip hit the desk mount if deflected nose down 20 degrees and with left/right aileron input? 2) Same question with when used with an extension.

(The VKB extension actually has a kink in it to help increase clearance with the desk / cockpit.)

Maybe take a look at the Monstertech desk mounts: they have a nice quick release handle to allow users to remove a HOTAS from their desk easily. For users like me that have to work on my home PC this is very useful. While I like the design of your HOTAS, I am underwhelmed so far by the design of your desk mount. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised? I don't know. But it looks like a weak link / afterthought. I am just looking at it as a bonus so far, as it is a launch freebie, but for me I might get end up getting an aftermarket solution from Monstertech if I am not happy.

Sorry for the ramble!

Not quite.

TM Warthog: 20°

VKB Gunfighter: 20°

Virpil MT-50: 15°

Virpil MT50CM: 16°

Virpil WarBRD: 22°

Though the real F/A-18 is +8°/-16° on pitch and +/-14° on roll, but with the roll pivot higher up so the displacement is more similar to pitch down displacement.

Winwing,

Sorry for the ramble!

Not quite.

TM Warthog: 20°

VKB Gunfighter: 20°

Virpil MT-50: 15°

Virpil MT50CM: 16°

Virpil WarBRD: 22°

Though the real F/A-18 is +8°/-16° on pitch and +/-14° on roll, but with the roll pivot higher up so the displacement is more similar to pitch down displacement.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

The extensions is almost freeze.

We will release the detail later.

But what can confirm now is the extension will NO problem with desk or mounts, and we really do hard to meet all usage.

Best.

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear sir,

Yes it's a serious question. We are plan to review our work and update today or next Monday in our webstie about the supply quantity.

By our plan, the pre-order is not a huge quantity, but could be add or reduce.

After Pre-order, we will do a long time forecast on the sale data, to make sure always in stock and could be deliver next day.

No hunger sale here!!!

We are big factory with simulator produce, even the forecast is wrong ,we can change very soon.

Best.

Why does your site now say the HOTAS is SOLD OUT? You indicated above that wouldn't be the case. If there were limited quantity and now they're all gone, people like me will NOT be happy.

Please advise.

Why does your site now say the HOTAS is SOLD OUT? You indicated above that wouldn't be the case. If there were limited quantity and now they're all gone, people like me will NOT be happy.

Please advise.

Agreed!

I specifically asked this question and was told there would be no problem.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Please advise.

Agreed!

No.

What WINWING posted was:

... By our plan, the pre-order is not a huge quantity, but could be add or reduce...

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I copied the entire quote. Which gave every indication that the quantity wasn't limited.

"...but could be add or reduce..."

"No hunger sale here!!!

We are big factory with simulator produce, even the forecast is wrong ,we can change very soon."

When it was SPECIFICALLY asked if there was a limit to the availability on the pre order. The answer does not say there was a limit.

So what now? They're going to run a special for the next three weeks on a SOLD OUT item? That's not much of a special now is it? Yes I read the part about "not a huge quantity" but the rest of the statement certainly indicates that the quantity wasn't limited.

Which part of

...could be add or reduce...

are you struggling with?

- Bear

Edited by HuggyBear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

No.

What WINWING posted was:

And on the 3rd or 4th reading I can read that as "when it's gone it's gone", but ...

The fact that they took the items remaining count went away after the question about stock and the general tone of the "we can meet supply" response tended to imply that there was no limit on the pre-orders.

Would really like some confirmation on WINWING on whether there will be more pre-order stock?

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Which part of "could be add or reduce" are you struggling with?

- Bear

The statement I posted was clear and concise and to the point. If there was a limit to the preorder, that should have been CLEARLY communicated it was not. Every indication was that they could meet the demand of preorder by increasing stock as needed.

If that is the case, my question stands. Why does the site now show the set as out of stock?

If you know the answer to that question, please feel free to share. If you don't, why are you interjecting?

Thank you,

Edited by Nightstorm

And on the 3rd or 4th reading I can read that as "when it's gone it's gone", but ...

The fact that they took the items remaining count went away after the question about stock and the general tone of the "we can meet supply" response tended to imply that there was no limit on the pre-orders.

Would really like some confirmation on WINWING on whether there will be more pre-order stock?

It's all a big 'maybe'.

Maybe there'll be more stock for the pre-order... maybe there won't... maybe further orders will be after the pre-order period.

Nothing specific, nothing promised.

At least that's what I've read.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein

Fair enough. And maybe there's a language barrier getting in the way.

Bottom line is, we were under the impression, mistaken or not, that there would stock available for the pre order and now, there isn't.

That may well fall under the "sucks to be you" category. None the less, it would be nice for some clear communication from WINWING on the matter.

Thanks,

From the translated pre-order message (below)

Pre-orders are to close 12 hours before the launch event Aug 15-30, no mention of a limited number of pre-orders.

“Change notification : Sorry every dear customer. Because of the terrible UPS API system, We have to delay again to 10th,July. We have big trouble with shipping cost calulate. We are planing use other express company.

Shipping schedule : We plan to ship the first batch of pre-order units before August 31. We will ship the products one by one according to the order number.

Public test review : We will ship out some HOTAS system to those most popular streamer on youtube, twitch and DCS community for test review. We are pretty sure that you can get everything you want to know in their test review. We are very care about our customers and we will consider their suggestions.

Launch Event : The launch event of the HOTAS system is scheduled to take place between August 15 and 30, in Shanghai. We very much welcome you to come and see the HOTAS in real. You can pick up your pre-order unit onsite. (only for limited quantity order from Chinese webstore). of course we have“Special” gift for our fans during the launch event.

Pre-order Close : The Pre-order window will close 12 hours before the launch event begin and the price will return to 899USD. if customer not done the payment the order will be canceled.

Plan for US/EU warehouse : We are try to reduce the freight/time cost for customer. We plan to open warehouse in the US and EU in October or November.

Production Climb : We will adjust the production line based on the number of scheduled changes. This is for our customers to get their favorite products on time. You can trust us, we won't let you down.

One more thing! Extension and Z Axis kit will be in stock before August,31th. More detail will release at the same time. If you pay before the HOTAS pre-order shipping, you can get them in the same time.

Thank you very much for your support, we will update product info step by step, if you have any more questions , please send mail to us : info@winwing.cn

Best regards,

WINWING

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Fusedspine33

I just tried the store and it says 'in stock', couldn't find a number remaining.

I added one to the basket and it let me progress to order confirmation with no problem.

Sorry in advance if it turns out to be false, but it looks as if there is stock again.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein

Still showing as out of stock for me

Out of stock now for me too, not sure what happened earlier.

Sorry lads.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein

Dont worry every one. I asked this problem to their CM. So they r just doing some test with the website. may be new page or new funtions.

Thanks for the information.

Like a lot of people here, I'm ex-military (USN) and a huge military aviation enthusiast. I've been enjoying the heck out of the F-18 for the last year and to have a set of accurate controls for my simpit would awesome. I've been watching these for months. And I would really like to own a set. Hopefully they'll sort out the changes soon so that they can take additional orders.

Thanks,

Thanks for the information.

Like a lot of people here, I'm ex-military (USN) and a huge military aviation enthusiast. I've been enjoying the heck out of the F-18 for the last year and to have a set of accurate controls for my simpit would awesome. I've been watching these for months. And I would really like to own a set. Hopefully they'll sort out the changes soon so that they can take additional orders.

Thanks,

I'm very sure they wont let u down. They are creating new experiences for this community. As far as I know, the throttle video will come very soon. You will be surprised.

:thumbup:

Please advise.

Agreed!

No.

What WINWING posted was:

- Bear

From the translated pre-order message (below)

Pre-orders are to close 12 hours before the launch event Aug 15-30, no mention of a limited number of pre-orders.

“Change notification : Sorry every dear customer. Because of the terrible UPS API system, We have to delay again to 10th,July. We have big trouble with shipping cost calulate. We are planing use other express company.

Shipping schedule : We plan to ship the first batch of pre-order units before August 31. We will ship the products one by one according to the order number.

Public test review : We will ship out some HOTAS system to those most popular streamer on youtube, twitch and DCS community for test review. We are pretty sure that you can get everything you want to know in their test review. We are very care about our customers and we will consider their suggestions.

Launch Event : The launch event of the HOTAS system is scheduled to take place between August 15 and 30, in Shanghai. We very much welcome you to come and see the HOTAS in real. You can pick up your pre-order unit onsite. (only for limited quantity order from Chinese webstore). of course we have“Special” gift for our fans during the launch event.

Pre-order Close : The Pre-order window will close 12 hours before the launch event begin and the price will return to 899USD. if customer not done the payment the order will be canceled.

Plan for US/EU warehouse : We are try to reduce the freight/time cost for customer. We plan to open warehouse in the US and EU in October or November.

Production Climb : We will adjust the production line based on the number of scheduled changes. This is for our customers to get their favorite products on time. You can trust us, we won't let you down.

One more thing! Extension and Z Axis kit will be in stock before August,31th. More detail will release at the same time. If you pay before the HOTAS pre-order shipping, you can get them in the same time.

Thank you very much for your support, we will update product info step by step, if you have any more questions , please send mail to us : info@winwing.cn

Best regards,

WINWING

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd suggest waiting for winwing to chime in. He said it could be added to, they probably want to see what the demand was. This is all still preorder.

Same here

Dont worry every one. I asked this problem to their CM. So they r just doing some test with the website. may be new page or new funtions.

Dear all

Very sorry for your waiting. From the weekend and few days out of office, I didn't notice it's out of stock.

It's in stock now,

Thank you very much!

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]