[NO BUG] F14 A/G Mode Recticle is offset ??

Dear Heatblur Dev team,

I was flying and dropping some unguided bombs with the Tomcat. When i switched to A/G Mode in the HUD and MASTER ARM ON i notice the DROP LINE has an offset to the right.

When i changed my heading it was straight in the middle but when i go ingress to the targets the DROP LINE was close to center but not 100%. I dropped a MK 83 on a target was a T55 impact point was on top when i realeased the bomb. Oberseved the impact and noticed the bomb was 50 meters off to the left.

A friend of mine tried it too...same result...attack run with Mk83 2 targets in one line...2 bombs dropped round 50 meters of the falling line to the left.

If others have same issue plz...report if you have the same issue.

I am hoping for an anwser asap and furthermore for a fix if its needed.

Yours sincereley,

thunderbolt9987

Edit: Seems to be a bug due to mission...tested with other mission its precise...the buggy mission is Crack the channel from Apache600

Edited by IronMike

We'll look into it, but my guess would be similar to draconus' : probably the mission has multiple wind layers with varying speeds and/or directions. The F-14 INS calculates wind only at own altitude, and uses that for the impact point calculations, so if there are layers beneath you with different enough parameters, the bomb will impact somewhere else than predicted.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've marked it as no bug, since it seemed mission related. I tried a couple bomb runs and could not see anything out of the ordinary.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I had the same problem actually. There was 12m/s wind in the mission and I approached from a side angle in relation to the wind direction. The reticle was on the target, but the bomb fell way to the side of it.

The pipper should adjust for the wind, right?

Or you're over G:ing it. If you'll go above 6.5 G anytime during your flight the bomb-aim will be damaged & as a result "point wrong".

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.