[REPORTED] Bombing with LGBs and Tpod

Eagle7907

So in another thread, I am trying to figure out what I’m doing incorrect. I’m sure Wags is working on a video as I write this, but everyone else is having success with LGBs except me and I’ve followed all their steps given.

What happens is the laser, I assume, is firing at release, but in AUTO mode, the release geometry is having the bomb too high to see the spot from the TGP. I’ve tried different methods and release altitudes. Releasing then shoot laser. Shoot laser then release. 20k high. 9k high. Still same profile without any laser tracking.

Here’s my setup.

Master Arm

AG mode

Select LGB

Set lase code

EFUZ inst

MFUZ off

Mode Auto

Pod On

SS to Flir

Find target, TDC down to designate

LSD Arm

Fly towards target

Pickle button press and hold 10 sec before cue

Weapon releases

Squeeze trigger

L Arm goes to LTD/R

TTI counter goes to zero

No impact

Go to F6 view and bomb is gliding past target with without guidance.

Like I said, I tried lasing before release, but I get same result.

Edit: Also noticed you don’t have to squeeze the whole flight for CCIP. Just squeeze once and the laser will continue to lase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

My suspicions are correct.

Just did the same steps, except I did CCIP drops. Good impacts.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

[MISSING TRACK FILE] Bombing with LGBs and Tpod

For AUTO the falling cue on the fall line. For CCIP, the plus symbol over the target.

Just did a test without using the laser for CCIP drop and it impacts past the target like it should.

For some reason, AUTO is not releasing correctly for me.

Edited by Eagle7907

• ED Team

We will need to see a track file,

I have not been able to reproduce

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just did a CCIP release with lasing after release. Good impact. It’s not the pod, or maybe it is since its providing target telemetry to the computer for a release point. Whatever may be, something isn’t being calculated right.

I’ll make one shortly.

I can confirm it is working using the TGP and LGB GBU 12 bombs.

thanks for the guide..

Master Arm

AG mode

Select LGB

Set lase code

EFUZ inst

MFUZ off

Mode Auto

Pod On

SS to Flir

LSD Arm

Fly towards target

Weapon releases

Squeeze trigger

L Arm goes to LTD/R

TTI counter goes to zero

basicly i do the above guide and both with ccip and auto it work but the first times i tried it did not work.

I think the trick is to look at target and TDC down key ( basicly it say to the plane "hey" look at this point on the ground/coordinate and aim auto bomb mode here".. ... once you press this you see the auto bomb line in the hud by the way.

And then ofcourse remember to enter the laser code for each bomb.

If done correctly you see the auto ccrp line and in the right side some text.

If there is an X above auto then you did something wrong.

If the text is visible without no X above text it should work.

And ofcourse on my joystick i have 2 detent trigger button.

So i only have to press the gun trigger down half way and then it changes from Larm to CRD/R ( on the tgp screen ).

And i drop from 20.000 feet 350knots.

The two times it worked i did NOT exit to external or weapon view but was inside the cockpit all the time.. dont know if it make a difference or not.. but try.

Edited by delevero

Tracks

Would thrice do, me'lord?

The links are cut off, but you got air start, ramp start, runway start.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xe6d90z8kxlaek/runwaystart.trk?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn0y6yfupkkenlo/rampstart.trk?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3rgy3er69espc1/airstart.trk?dl=0

Edited by Eagle7907

I can confirm it is working using the TGP and LGB GBU 12 bombs.

thanks for the guide..

Master Arm

AG mode

Select LGB

Set lase code

EFUZ inst

MFUZ off

Mode Auto

Pod On

SS to Flir

LSD Arm

Fly towards target

Weapon releases

Squeeze trigger

L Arm goes to LTD/R

TTI counter goes to zero

basicly i do the above guide and both with ccip and auto it work but the first times i tried it did not work.

I think the trick is to look at target and TDC down key ( basicly it say to the plane "hey" look at this point on the ground/coordinate and aim auto bomb mode here".. ... once you press this you see the auto bomb line in the hud by the way.

And then ofcourse remember to enter the laser code for each bomb.

If done correctly you see the auto ccrp line and in the right side some text.

If there is an X above auto then you did something wrong.

If the text is visible without no X above text it should work.

And ofcourse on my joystick i have 2 detent trigger button.

So i only have to press the gun trigger down half way and then it changes from Larm to CRD/R ( on the tgp screen ).

And i drop from 20.000 feet 350knots.

The two times it worked i did NOT exit to external or weapon view but was inside the cockpit all the time.. dont know if it make a difference or not.. but try.

I did everything to the letter. No impacts using AUTO. CCIP works great.

I'll post my reply from discord here. old bug:

Thats because the Hornet drops GBUs on AUTO at the very edge of the envelope. Always has been like that. For safe track, drop short.

How? Easy!

Once you are about 15s from target, switch from AUTO to CCIP on stores page and just drop it. About 10s short works well.

[iNVESTIGATING] Bombing with LGBs and Tpod

I'll post my reply from discord here. old bug:

Thats because the Hornet drops GBUs on AUTO at the very edge of the envelope. Always has been like that. For safe track, drop short.

How? Easy!

Once you are about 15s from target, switch from AUTO to CCIP on stores page and just drop it. About 10s short works well.

Hmm. I’ll try that and see. If that’s the case, somehow my install didn’t get that fix.

Bingo. Switched to CCIP and released with counter at 15. Lase, good impact.

Edit: Actually 15 is pretty close. I recommend something like 20-25 remaining on the counter to switch to CCIP and release.

Edited by Eagle7907

I've been testing level releases in the hornet with the new targeting pod, having the same issue, here's a trk I made in a brand new mission I tossed together after reading the thread just to make sure, I also repaired about a hour before that. I've also been testing in an older mission, diving releases (30 degrees) have the LGBs track when released in AUTO, and I can confirm that dropping about ten seconds early by switching to CCIP also makes it work.

(in the trk I stopped lasing on the second drop due to it being obvious that it was not tracking)

LGB Missing Hornet Bug.trk

I had no issues with AUTO releases albeit I didn't know to use Sensor switch depress to get a target cue on the hud, I just made the HUD SOI and did it the old fashioned way, putting it in the general area, then lasing.

Should be noted that with the bang bang guidance of the bomb, if it picks up the laser early it could bleed energy early which is why the automatic systems usually start lasing about 8? seconds from calculated time of impact.

Of course I concede that doesn't explain bombs that don't track at all... just bombs that seem to track but fall short. I imagine the problem may be worse from lower altitudes, than higher.

Nineline, we are currently (Flying at time of posting) experiencing an issue with AUTO mode in multiplayer here as well.

What appears to be happening is that the release cue for the AUTO bombing is having the bomb release when your aircraft is pretty much directly on top of the target. You can see this via the TGP symbology. The obvious result is that the bomb is past the laser as soon as it release off the rail and therefore doesn't guide.

Edit: MP Track is too large to upload, so I tried to reproduce in SP but I had no issues in two passes.

Will look to reproduce in a shorter MP track.

Edited by Tiburtius

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Okay follow up test report on MP:

1) My Laser and IR Marker operate like they have the A-10C's LATCH mode ON when flying MP (Click to turn on, again to turn off instead of press & hold). In Single Player it works as a press & hold as expected.

2) My first AUTO bomb run is WAY off target.

3) For round two I cycle to CCIP early and release, then back to AUTO and release a second weapon. Both of these impact the target. I had a similar result in my previous flight - after a CCIP release, the targeting was accurate.

4) For round three, I cycle in to another target and hastily do an AUTO run on that, which works fine.

Additional notes - these are separate issues which if I continue to see I will make new reports.

1) My radar altimeter, despite being set for 200ft was warning post takeoff above that and had to be reset.

2) When setting up the LGBs, I could not select AUTO mode for the profile. MODE -> AUTO did not work. It was stuck on CCIP. I was able to get to it by doing MODE -> FD, then MODE -> AUTO.

MP Track available via OneDrive here (too large for forum): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6nuN4_FUp2gft1NddyMomKXVaHQw

My Rig:

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Ive had my LGB's performing aircraft like maneuvers!!

Laser on, release, hold trigger, see the laser cue change, wait, no impact, F6 and the bomb is gaining altitude a traveling back out to sea!

This can happen if you stop firing the laser when they get near the ground, and has been happening since before this patch. Your finger may have slipped off the trigger inadvertently. The bombs I believe should just fall unguided, but instead they turn into missiles!

My Rig:

I am having this issue also. Curiously enough if I load gbu-16's first one picks up the laser and hits. Subsequent ones appear to release late, dont pick up the laser and go long. I tested this over several runs with same results. If I switch to CCIP and release about 15 seconds early weapons pick up the laser, guide and strike perfectly.

• ED Team

Hi all

the team have discovered the issue is with bombs released in AUTO from high altitude creating overshoot.

it is reported, thanks for your assistance with this issue.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2