Timer countdowns for repair, reload, refuel, etc.

Reticuli

Doesn’t it already do this for repair?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Rearm :

Look at wings. If missing weapons still, probably not finished yet.

Fuel:

You have a gauge. If it's still going up, not finished yet.

Repairs:

Has a countdown already, I believe. This is the only abstract one, though. The two above have very visible indicators already.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

about repair and countdown ...

I noticed with a su-25T

that doing 3 an accident and 3 times a repair on the 4th repair the countdown does not start and does not repair.

I don't know whether to put it in the BUGs or if you want to verify it yourself.

about repair and countdown ...

I noticed with a su-25T

that doing 3 an accident and 3 times a repair on the 4th repair the countdown does not start and does not repair.

I don't know whether to put it in the BUGs or if you want to verify it yourself.

Maybe when I'm noticing no countdown for the repair I'm not actually getting any repairs at all?

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

Entirely possible. All that stuff is kinda finicky, and you're not given any feedback as to WHY it isn't working. Make sure you have radio subtitles on if you're flying non-English aircraft. If you don't get an affirmative response to your orders, it means they aren't doing it for whatever reason.

Common reasons ground crew don't respond:

#1 Aircraft is in a non-ready state. Some aircraft can hot reload/refuel, others can't. For repairs, I believe they ALL have to be fully shutdown.

#2 Adv Comms is in play and your radio is off or incorrectly configured (wrong channel, volume not turned up, mic not engaged, etc)

#3 Airfield does not belong to your faction.

I have been bit by all three of those for sure. It's probably not an exhaustive list and other variables may influence it also.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Rearm :

In some aircraft you can't see (most of) the wing stations from within the cockpit.

Fuel:

Again, in some aircroft the fuel gauge doesn't show anything when the aircraft is cold. Hot refueling is not the usual way to refuel.

Having said that, I don't really see the reason why the pilot needs to have a countdown for these things in general. It's not like there is a crewchief holding a stopwatch in front of the pilot to show him that...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In real life there is a crew chief and physical movement of resources to the aircraft, though. You can see people do stuff and you're not just stuck seeing if you got the end result you wanted. No reason NOT to have countdowns on all this as a suitable replacement. It's not as if it'd be tough for ED to implement. The seconds don't even need to be exactly correct or anything, like when transferring a file in Windows and its 15 minutes to count down isn't quite that length of time as it winds down. So if the calculating of duration for the beginning of the countdown isn't exact, that's fine. Just an easier way to show progress and that would also let us know better when it's not happening at all.

Edited by Reticuli

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#1 Aircraft is in a non-ready state. Some aircraft can hot reload/refuel, others can't. For repairs, I believe they ALL have to be fully shutdown.

That's a problem considering now the Ka-50 doesn't seem to be doing autostart properly anyway with the right engine not starting. So repairs appear to be out of the question for me currently as I'm not going to bother with manual shut downs and starts.

Repair Countdown for M2000C not Working

Rearm :

Fuel:

Repairs:

Has a countdown already, I believe. This is the only abstract one, though. The two above have very visible indicators already.

Countdown for repairs stopped working first thing this morning (26/8/19 0935 EDT)

Cheers,

CB3

There's also the issue of the rearm not actually being complete until quite some time after all your stations have been rearmed. I often look at my stations, see them full, and start taxiing just to hear "hey, what are you doing?" because I didn't wait however long it took for the chief to admire his handiwork before finally telling me "rearm complete."