[NO BUG]CCIP BFL Not Working with High Drag Bombs

stgchamby

I have been working on low level bombing and have come across a problem with getting the snake eyes on target.

My Settings:

Mode: CCIP

MFUZE: Nose

EFUZE: INST

Drag: RET

QTY: 10

MULT: 1

INT: 320 ft

This should give me 1 bomb every 320' for 2880'. I am using the abandoned X airfield on the Caucasus map. I make my approach at 500' and 511kts. When the + of the BFL crosses the threshold of the runway, I pickle the bombs for 10 pulses. When I pull up and out to watch the bombs hit, five of the ten start to impact ~1440' before the threshold and the rest hit the remaining ~1440' after the threshold.

Is anyone else having this problem or I am doing something wrong?

ANON6-4 | Chamby

CCIP HIDRAGS MISS.trk

The CCIP pipper denotes the center of a ripple, not the beginning. So what you're seeing is correct; if your pipper was on the runway threshold at the time of weapon release, half the bombs land before, and half the bombs land after that point.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team

As mentioned above use the centre of your target as the release point you should get better results.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Any ideas when this changed?

I recall it previously working like the OP described...pickling the weapon at the start of a line of vehicles or runway for example, rather than waiting until the + on the BFL is in the middle of the target objects.

After looking at a variety of YT video on this topic, it seems to confirm that it used to work differently before.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rockrend

Hi Nineline

Thanks for the reply. I get this module is EA and that things must change over time to improve the accuracy etc. What I was trying to do (perhaps very badlysmile.gif), was confirm that this aspect actually had changed its operation...and when that change occurred.

Thanks again