Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Now that the thread is pure as a girl`s tear...

U.S Air Force/Lockheed Martin-Led Team Successfully Complete Environmental Testing Of First-Of-Its-Kind Missile Warning Satellite

SUNNYVALE, Calif., December 1st, 2009 -- A joint U.S. Air Force/Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT]-led team announced today that it has successfully completed thermal vacuum testing of the first Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) geosynchronous (GEO-1) satellite, one of the most significant program milestones that validates spacecraft performance in a simulated space environment.

The U.S. Air Force's SBIRS program is designed to provide early warning of missile launches, and simultaneously provide important capabilities to other missions, including missile defense, technical intelligence and battlespace awareness.

Conducted inside Lockheed Martin's Dual Entry Large Thermal Altitude (DELTA) chamber, the test verified spacecraft functionality and performance in a vacuum environment where the satellite was thoroughly tested at the extreme hot and cold temperatures it will experience in space.

Thermal vacuum testing represents the last of several critical environmental test phases that validate the overall satellite design, quality of workmanship and survivability during space vehicle launching and on-orbit operations.

more here: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/press_releases/2009/121_ss_sbirs-tvac.html

pictures of SBIRS: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/products/SpaceBasedInfraredSystemHigh/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's 1993 International Air Tattoo airshow accident.

http://w2.rob.com/pic/Mig29_crash/mig29_506.jpg

---

Keeping it ontopic:

China Close To Testing Next-Gen Fighter

Its interesting seeing that, a suposedly secret chinese project comes out to the public so that they can just to say "beware the F-22 is not alone".:)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well, not sure how the work on the TU-22M, but on most aircraft, auxiliary intakes are free floating, meaning they open when ever engine need more airflow because, pressure in the intake tube changes (like placing your hand over the vacuum hose while it is on). So those things can open at high power engine setting if the aircraft is slow, but not only during take off

ok, didn't know that. thanks for info :thumbup:

Its a french aircraft, and the bulge in front of the aircraft is not a canopy but the air intake. Its an UAV

My PC specs below:

I doubt the J-XX program has progressed to flight testing so fast. I might be wrong but nothing is known about that aircraft. With all the secrecy around chinese military hardware it`s not impossible but this statement is pretty vague “[it] may soon undertake its first flight, quickly enter flight testing and then quickly equip the forces."; “According to the current situation, [the entry into service] may take another eight to 10 years.” Unlike PAK-FA which flight testing is scheduled to begin this month (fingers crossed :) ).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

China still needs an angine capable of coping with supercruise. I dont know how they are going to surpass that problem.

THey also need more experience with exotic materials to achieve what they claim.

.” Unlike PAK-FA which flight testing is scheduled to begin this month (fingers crossed :) ).

If you hear anything before I do let us know. :)

Im very curoius to see the object of so much conjecture and speculation. I betted they wouldnt fulfill their roadmaps. :D

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

the Ka-52 is more heavily armed , Afghanistan is showing that these birds have still their places in the army

Even if the PAK-FA flies this month I doubt we get to see pictures of it before next year. But it would make sense to start testing it now. Russians always liked to test their prototypes during winter months. From what I have read the first prototype has already been delivered to Zhukovsky for static tests in November.

Su-47 Berkut was seen at Zhukovski during last few weeks, lots of flights are taking place sometimes with a Su-35 as a chase plane.

It might have something to do with PAK-FA announcement but on the other hand Su-47 might be chosen over PAK-FA for a 5th gen Russain fighter, who knows!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It might have something to do with PAK-FA announcement but on the other hand Su-47 might be chosen over PAK-FA for a 5th gen Russain fighter, who knows!

No way. There is no choice to make. PAK-FA is the next 5th gen fighter. It may not be shown officially yet, it may not have started flight testing yet, it may be delayed for months who knows, but that`s THE plane :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^the encolsed picture is a GCI rendering. :)

My PC specs below:

No way. There is no choice to make. PAK-FA is the next 5th gen fighter. It may not be shown officially yet, it may not have started flight testing yet, it may be delayed for months who knows, but that`s THE plane :)

So was the MiG-1.44 :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So was the MiG-1.44 :noexpression:

Nope, it was`t. It remained just a technology demonstrator. Now the case is different. There is a cooperation with India, a lot has been invested, a lot of experience has been gathered (S-37, Mig-1.42/44). The time has come :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

China still needs an angine capable of coping with supercruise. I dont know how they are going to surpass that problem.

THey also need more experience with exotic materials to achieve what they claim.

If you hear anything before I do let us know. :)

Im very curoius to see the object of so much conjecture and speculation. I betted they wouldnt fulfill their roadmaps. :D

lots of skepticism towards the russian hardware. They did fly the su-35 on the winter and they usually do that on the new years day for most of their new airplanes