A-G Stores Page won't come back

CybrSlydr

Last night I decided to load up the Viper and try some GBUs out.

However, in my unfamiliarity with the MFDs, I managed to "lose" a page.

When you hit the A-G master mode button, the right MFD pops up with what I call the "stores" page. It's where you can select CCIP, CCRP, etc as well as displays what current ground store is selected and cycles through available ground stores.

I started pushing buttons and somehow I "lost" that page and couldn't get it to show up again. It wasn't one of the MFD buttons, it didn't come back when I hit the A-G master mode button again, etc. Whatever pages I had selected when I got out of the A-G master mode were saved, so it wouldn't reset when I hit the button.

This is not the SMS page as that one I can find and display no problem - this is a different page. The only way I got it back was to restart the mission.

Is this a bug, known or unknown? Or am I doing something obviously incorrect?

Are you sure you didn't press any of the MFD buttons? This sounds like you either entered the S-J (selected jettison) or replaced the SMS page (you can replace a page by selecting it with the button while it's already selected; it'll then allow you to select another page to put in its place). Did you press the Emergency Jettison button, by any chance?

It's still called the SMS page in AG mode. The SMS just changes format based on your master mode (in NAV, it displays the visual list of stores; in AA/DGFT/MRM, it displays only A2A weapon info and settings; in AG, it displays only A2G weapon info and settings).

If it happens again, post a track or a video showing the issue, so others can see what's happening and offer help.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Are you sure you didn't press any of the MFD buttons? This sounds like you either entered the S-J (selected jettison) or replaced the SMS page (you can replace a page by selecting it with the button while it's already selected; it'll then allow you to select another page to put in its place). Did you press the Emergency Jettison button, by any chance?

It's still called the SMS page in AG mode. The SMS just changes format based on your master mode (in NAV, it displays the visual list of stores; in AA/DGFT/MRM, it displays only A2A weapon info and settings; in AG, it displays only A2G weapon info and settings).

If it happens again, post a track or a video showing the issue, so others can see what's happening and offer help.

No, I didn't do anything with the selective or emergency jettison buttons.

I certainly did press other MFD buttons - I hit the A-G master mode button, the A-G stores page popped up like expected. I then changed that MFD screen to something else (just seeing what other MFD pages were available) and couldn't get the original A-G stores page back, even if I entered A-A master mode (though the A-A stores page would display properly) and then re-entered A-G master mode.

When I get home tonight, I'll try and re-create it. Though from what you're saying it sounds like I unintentionally replaced the page with something else.

While I’ve not had any issues with AG mode losing the SMS page I have had an issue with MRM mode not going back to the Missile status display once changed to the inventory page. This happens when I’ve changed the SMS page to S-J forgetting I’m in AA instead of AG/Nav mode. It gets stuck displaying the SMS inventory page. I should be able to hit the AA master mode button on the the ICP to bring it back which is what you do while in the AG master mode after pitching stores but it doesn’t work. Only a new jet brings it back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

The SMS pages has some kind of sub level page. I think it is called INV. Try OSB 4 or 7... can't remeber where to start counting them. The 4th in the upper row. Sometimes INV is written there, sometimes not but the button is still functional.

Edited by MadCat1381

The SMS pages has some kind of sub level page. I think it is called INV. Try OSB 4 or 7... can't remeber where to start counting them. The 4th in the upper row. Sometimes INV is written there, sometimes not but the button is still functional.

Bingo! The INV is the button I was looking for. I'm not sure if I missed it or if it failed to render that time for whatever reason. I just tried this out - and the INV button is the one I needed.

Thanks folks!

• 1 year later...

This issue isn’t resolved. I was in A-G last night and needed to power on the HARMs. I went to the SMS page and it listed all my stores. The INV button was missing and I couldn’t get the HARMs powered on. Had to reload the F16

Edited by Lowlyslows

• BIGNEWY changed the title to A-G Stores Page won't come back
  • ED Team

Please attach a short as possible track replay showing the problem. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...
  • ED Team
16 minutes ago, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

This is still an issue. I recorded it last night. It's just not rendering the INV under the button, the actual button does work though. 

please attach a short track showing the issue, I am happy to take a look

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...