Realistic Pipper Option No Effect

Jonne

Hi,

after fiddling with it for a while, I found the "Realistic ASP IR A-A Missile Recticle" option to have no effect anymore. I have tried following situations, all with it enabled in my own game settings:

-MP Server hosted by someone else

-MP Server hosted by me, with a mission made by myself

-MP Server hosted by me, with a mission made by someone else

-MP Server hosted by me, with a mission made by someone else, but with me resaving the mission

-Offline with a mission made by myself

-Offline with a standard mission

This very much is a realism killer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tested this in a SP mission with the realistic reticule option on - the pipper moves over target when I establish a radar lock then moves back to center when I get an IR tone.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

I just tested this in a SP mission with the realistic reticule option on - the pipper moves over target when I establish a radar lock then moves back to center when I get an IR tone.

Which is not how it is supposed to be. The pipper should stay fixed unless in gyro mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah the behavior must have change recently.

I don't understand why the unrealistic option is default and the realistic option has to be manually enabled. It seems backwards to me.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Also mp servers override whatever you have it set to if i understand correctly.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 years later...