looking for flight stick and throttle

hey guys

looks like I may be back to play after all, now I need a new stck n throttle, I did have the hog but for a couple of reasons just don't want one now, at first im looking for the cheapest way/combo just to see if I can still play it ok, sooo long story short what can you recommend?

cheapest way/combo

I think the Thrustmaster 16000m fcs hotas would possibly be the cheapest / best at the moment?

Just don't like the single hat, so I ended up getting CH at the start and now have a VKB / CH throttle. Might grab the Virpil throttle soon.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

anyone know how good the x52 pro hotas is?

I had one . I'll never again buy anything Saitek .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

anyone know how good the x52 pro hotas is?

I love the X52, "or loved it" before I merged with the TM Warthog...My first one was used, had it an additional 7 years before I started getting uncommanded roll input...bought a new one for $120 on sale at Newegg and discovered that there was nothing wrong with the old one...as it was my iPhone was too close to the joystick cables on my desk and moving it away from the cables fixed the roll.

I gave away the first one to a guy just getting into DCS, and the second (newer one) was used for 2 years before getting a great deal on a Warthog and MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Check your local Craigslist if you're in the states and look for a good deal on used. The X52 is okay with mulit-engine aircraft but good with single engine planes. Buttons and sliders are adequate for starting out, but as you dig into DCS more seriously, you'll want to get dual throttles and pedals for sure, eventually.

Good luck,

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man I loved my X-52 when I had it. I upgraded to the X56 and love it more. I am selling my X-52 if anyone is interested. $50.00 includes S+H. Perfect Condition too.

Tim

ARS N9NU

N944LA

PC Gamer Tag: Reactor-Critical™

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ARS: N9NU ARRL: VE-AEC-OES

QTH: Sandwich, IL @ WoodLake Landing ICAO: IS65

Unicom/FBO: 122.80MHz Runways: 08/26 & 26/18

Commercial Pilot w/ 135 MELS - Mooney Acclaim Ultra

N9NU UHF Repeater: 444.250 + 114.8PL

Tried both HOTAS from Saitek and returned them. Maybe they were good in the past, but the current ones didn't feel right ergonomically, springs were too soft and loose buttons.

I picked up the VKB Gladiator and, overall, I'm happy with it.

VKB and Virpil have nice equipment.

Edited by Dakota

I started with an X52 Pro for the A-10 maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I sprung for the Warthog a little later and loved it so much more. Now I'm back to looking for a cheap setup to use on my desk. I'd take another X52 Pro with no hesitation.

Especially if you've got a single engine aircraft. Again, I was using it for the A-10C, and even the FC3 models. After a while, I sold the warthog and got the X-55 Rhino. That is the ONLY stick I've regretted purrchasing. Others I have tried are the thrustmaster t1600, and the old microsoft FFB 2

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

I still own an X52 Pro which was made back in the old Saitek days. Still works acceptably. Sure it doesn't compete with the Thrusty Warthog or the VKB and Virpil kit however it is half or less of the price of those types of higher end HOTAS gear. So I would look at either the Logitech X52 Pro or the Thrustmaster 1600m HOTAS system.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm