Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

I'd say it's official, considering Jim Mack stated this in an interview

It's actually said on the DCS site for a while now that

"

Ground Vehicles, Ships and Weapons

Ground vehicles, ships and weapons such as bombs, rockets, missiles and cannons have been significantly improved in “Black Shark”. Improvements include:

Leg infantry units are now included.

"

Cheers.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ED people,

remembered the question wanted to ask long time ago, so I'll ask before I forget. There are some armored vehicles and armored personnel carriers in LO which are "amphibious" and able to swim BMP's BTR's even M113, but there was no possibility to deploy them from the ships or just make them to come out of the water... So, the question is too obvious now... Well, will they be able to swim in BS, i.e. get deployed from the ships with marines, or crossing water or just coming out of the water...? Sorry for the long question :P

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello ED people,

remembered the question wanted to ask long time ago, so I'll ask before I forget. There are some armored vehicles and armored personnel carriers in LO which are "amphibious" and able to swim BMP's BTR's even M113, but there was no possibility to deploy them from the ships or just make them to come out of the water... So, the question is too obvious now... Well, will they be able to swim in BS, i.e. get deployed from the ships with marines, or crossing water or just coming out of the water...? Sorry for the long question :P

No, the vehicles are not amphibious.

Just a thought/request/question:

Will the view distances of air and ground units be modeled so, that anti aliasing has no more effect on it?

Good question that I don't know the answer to. Will try to find out and let you know.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Guest Frenchy702
Six months?

Mission Editor, campaigns, voiceovers, translations, bug-squashing, DX9 graphics tweaks . . .

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, I guess. But as with all these things, don't pin all your hopes on it.

What's that saying about tempting fate? ;)

Hi everyone, Im new to posting here, however i have been an avid follower and am unable to stop fidgeting due to the need to play BS!!

As there is a wait untill release, and BS seems not to support dual core (WHICH IS A SHAME AS MY NEW £2.5K DELL M1730 HAS INTEL CORE DUO AND DUAL NVIDIA 8700M GT'S- im not bitter grr) i wonder if you would put a list of-

"Hardware Requirements For People Who Want To Live DCS: BS"

as i can slow time put my machine together:)

or pretty pretty please make it duo friendly..

Thankyou Kindly

Frenchy :)

Hi everyone, Im new to posting here, however i have been an avid follower and am unable to stop fidgeting due to the need to play BS!!

As there is a wait untill release, and BS seems not to support dual core (WHICH IS A SHAME AS MY NEW £2.5K DELL M1730 HAS INTEL CORE DUO AND DUAL NVIDIA 8700M GT'S- im not bitter grr) i wonder if you would put a list of-

"Hardware Requirements For People Who Want To Live DCS: BS"

as i can slow time put my machine together:)

or pretty pretty please make it duo friendly..

Thankyou Kindly

Frenchy :)

Hasn't changed since the last time I answered this question.

The only sure-fire way to get a PC that'll run Black Shark perfectly is to empty your bank account into a sack (hopefully a large one), take it down to your local components vendor, and ask what you can get for it :P

At the moment I'm running a Core 2 Duo at 2.5 GHz, 2Gb RAM, and a 512Mb 7950GT. I'm not running maxed out, but it looks good and runs well.

I wouldn't worry with your setup. The Core 2 Duos work well with BS just because they have so much raw power.

Hi!

Will it be possible to fly i.e. an Apache AH-64 or some other Helo (in the future) together in Multiplayer? One as the Pilot and one as the Co-Pilot? (Like in Longbow 2) This would be a very cool and useful feature! (Same question is here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=28470 ...but no answer:()

And will the campaign as full-dynamic as in Falcon4? Or will it be based on a couple of (single) missions with just a bit of dynamic?(like in il-2 or so)

(sorry if the questions are already be answered! I can't find anything, maybe I overread it.)

Hi!

Will it be possible to fly i.e. an Apache AH-64 or some other Helo (in the future) together in Multiplayer? One as the Pilot and one as the Co-Pilot? (Like in Longbow 2) This would be a very cool and useful feature! (Same question is here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=28470 ...but no answer:()

And will the campaign as full-dynamic as in Falcon4? Or will it be based on a couple of (single) missions with just a bit of dynamic?(like in il-2 or so)

(sorry if the questions are already be answered! I can't find anything, maybe I overread it.)

There will be cooperative multiplayer in AH-64A AFAIK but there will be no full-dynamic campaign unfortunatelly. Devs give us triggers like in ARMA shooter wich will increase possibilities for mission builders.

The campain will be more like in LB2 with the phase line. It will move back and forth depinding on the status of missions completed. I was told the MB is closer to JF-18. not as hard to deal with as in ArmA.

I am one of thoes guys waiting on the AH64 as well..

• Like 1

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Why not both, Mission Editor and a full-dynamic Campaign? I don't know LB2:( but if you know Falcon4, you know what I mean!

Scripts and all that stuff, like ArmA, for the editor and self-made (mini) campaigns. And a big full-dynamic campaign like the campaign in Falcon4 (AF) with the ability to add packages and stuff.

For me, a good Sim must have dynamic campaign.;)

(If you fly Falcon4 once, you will never ever miss that incredible campaign engine again:thumbup:)

Anyway, two player in an Apache sounds very nice!!!! :)

Why not both, Mission Editor and a full-dynamic Campaign? I don't know LB2:( but if you know Falcon4, you know what I mean!

Scripts and all that stuff, like ArmA, for the editor and self-made (mini) campaigns. And a big full-dynamic campaign like the campaign in Falcon4 (AF) with the ability to add packages and stuff.

For me, a good Sim must have dynamic campaign.;)

(If you fly Falcon4 once, you will never ever miss that incredible campaign engine again:thumbup:)

Anyway, two player in an Apache sounds very nice!!!! :)

A suggestion - creating a working dynamic campaign to the depth of Falcon 4's campaign would take a very, very long time. Microprose didn't get it right for the initial Falcon 4 release, remember.

ED are setting ambitious goals with DCS - I don't know if a more advanced campaign system (i.e. closer to the dynamic mission generation) is going to be part of the plan in the future, but it's a possibility that might remain open. The intention IS to update the core engine of DCS as well as add new aircraft.

In the meantime, though, what we've got is a significant step up from Lock On, and as good a mission system as a helicopter sim has featured before.

I'm sure I've said it before - there's no such thing as the perfect flightsim ;)

Give it time, though, and we might get closer :)

Any words on the use of a physics card with BS?

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=10573

A physics card requires parallel processing stuff to offload the physics to another processor.

BS does not properly support dual cores yet . . . . so no, it's not likely to support physics cards.

How many people have actually bought those so far? Last I heard the consensus was such that powerful, multi-core CPUs were going to arrive before PPU use took off . . .

Well, other question about.... the weather :megalol: no, really, this time is about Shkval.

We can snap the Shkval system to a green tank in a green background? I mean, if the contrast between colours isn't very high, can Shkval loss the target??

And if a ground vehicle hide behind the trees, Shkval loss the target too?

Regards!!

• 2 weeks later...

The damage model for the Ka-50 is so far the best, but then again, you have to realize it may be more abstract for AI choppers. There's alot going on that even most people don't realize with the complexity that Eagle Dynamics forces into the engine, and that complexity is an indication why it's taking so long. Poko24, right now I can safely say that they are working on newer, much better models for BS. I'll ask Wags if I can do up a list but rest assured it's going to be better :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Well Matt just got back with me saying there will be an official list, just that with the work right now, it'll be some time (no idea he didn't say) before they officially release a list.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

@ Wags,

you think will be possible add Italian Flag in DCS: Black Shark?

Our fighter line include Tornado IDS and F-16, so you don't need to add others 3D model or others thing, ecc... .

I never understood why Italian flag was not included in Lock-On, maybe also Greece.

Thank you in advance and keep good work! ;)

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Shall I say somethign about Bulgaria then? :( We even have about 300 kilometers of coastline at the Black Sea and all of our military hardware is in already..

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=