[REPORTED]Strong reflections in all recent ED cockpits

some1

For whatever reason, the cockpits in recently released aircraft by ED have very strong baked reflections on instruments. The reflections look fake with any form of headtracking and completely out of place in VR, where you can easily tell they're just static textures on glass. They are also very unrealistic. A pilot may see a reflection of himself or the sun in certain lighting conditions, but he never will be able to see a reflection of a headrest or the seat that's behind him.

In A-10C you can count the rivets and seat buckles just by looking at ADI and HSI:

ou1Ijv8.jpg

In the Anton the whole seat with a big red ACHTUNG sticker reflects in all cockpit gauges, as if they were a strong concave mirrors.

C38Ccdg.jpg

In the F-16 the MFD reflections are much more pronounced than in the Hornet. With another picture of empty seat.

QfpBNrr.jpg

The new cockpit of Ka-50 has mirror-like reflections of the whole cockpit on its dashboard. These were not present on the previews posted just a week ago, where the cockpit looked more natural https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/7eb/Screenshot-Ka-50_3.png

tuEvJKY.jpg

And I won't even comment on the latest P-47 previews:

P-47_1_Jan2020.png

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

That might be true with "any form of headtracking and completely out of place in VR",

which I both don't use, but on a 32" monitor they look quite nice.......

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

They're nasty, and I really hope they stop. I the meantime, there are mods (that pass IC) that can be made to eliminate these. I made one for the P-51 (Combat Canopy/CHECK SIX on ed userfiles), passes without issue. Similar can be done to these other cockpits

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

They're nasty, and I really hope they stop. I the meantime, there are mods (that pass IC) that can be made to eliminate these. I made one for the P-51 (Combat Canopy/CHECK SIX on ed userfiles), passes without issue. Similar can be done to these other cockpits

You best get busy then...to make yourself happy.

Myself does not stare at such things, I read the gauges for the critical info they provide and really don’t notice reflections so much. Really not a thing for me.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Get rid of em. Great for screenshots and I appreciate the effort but more often than not they are just something else not needed that cause problems. In my case the Harrier looks ok with a perpetual fog. However at night it looks like it was cleaned with a oily rag.

Displays and gauges have not bothered me yet. All this said, if this eye candy can be made user optional then pile on the bug splats, pigeon poo and have stuff fly around the pit when inverted.

• ED Team

Hi

the team are aware and considering making it optional.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great. The thing is I love a heavily weathered pit and signs of wear, skydrol runs, paint flaking etc. I even have expensive new guitars that are "reliced" which often 2x/3x the price. But to do reflections that work under all conditions has never really been perfected.