Producer's Note _ 2- ABRIS.wmv (?)

Weta43

btw: What does ABRIS stand for again?
"ABRIS" is the Name of the "AMMS" :) (Advanced Map Moving System) in the KA-50.
Actually, "ABRIS" is a Russian acronym that would translate roughly as Aviation Onboard Radioelectronic Integrated System. The English product name is simply "AMMS," or Advanced Moving Map System. We just got used to calling it ABRIS during development, probably because it happens to be one of the more natural-sounding Russian acronyms. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Can we use all or some of dose ABRIS function on the planing map or only in the cockpit? Will the game have some kind of DTC (Data transfer cartridge) or electronic data transfer module (EDTM) where you can save FLT plans and other stuff in the planing map and see it in the ABRIS once you are in game?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team
Nice vid! The satellite navigation system uses GLONASS and GPS too? Cause I'm not sure the Glonass system ever had as many satellites in orbit as the number shown on the ABRIS satellite screen. :)

GLONASS and NAVSTAR. Even so, if you want to change the constellation, you will be free to do so.

• ED Team
Can we use all or some of dose ABRIS function on the planing map or only in the cockpit? Will the game have some kind of DTC (Data transfer cartridge) or electronic data transfer module (EDTM) where you can save FLT plans and other stuff in the planing map and see it in the ABRIS once you are in game?

The flight plan you create in the mission editor is automatically ported to the ABRIS at mission start. However, map annotations are only done on the ABRIS.

does this mean...

The flight plan you create in the mission editor is automatically ported to the ABRIS at mission start. However, map annotations are only done on the ABRIS.

Wags does this mean in a coop mission all BS pilots will share the same info mission (waypoints, threat areas, target areas, etc) automatically? I'm guessing "yes"

Flyby

ps thanks for the ABRIS update. very informative.

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Thank you for the info Wags

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

good stuff !

the video is good quality, better than last time i feel, and the file size is definitely a major improvement.

these are great,

keep em coming :thumbup:

hope those rotary dials on the abris have a good "mousewheel scroll to turn dial knob ratio" ? :D

Cause I'm not sure the Glonass system ever had as many satellites in orbit as the number shown on the ABRIS satellite screen. :)
After the October launch of three GLONASS-M satellites, the total at the moment is nine. Three more are expected to go up in December.

hope those rotary dials on the abris have a good "mousewheel scroll to turn dial knob ratio" ? :D
Not especially, but you can also click and drag the mouse to turn the wheels, which works much better if you have a long way to roll.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Not especially, but you can also click and drag the mouse to turn the wheels, which works much better if you have a long way to roll.

good to hear its already thought of:thumbup:

wondering also:

can you click the abris screen and drag items instead of dial scrolling/dragging

when creating these mission helpers on the map,

similar to the old mission editor?

looks great i have to add, amazing job, so much to learn.

remembering you have to fly this thing too:pilotfly:

• ED Team

A line in a patch readme - "Another GLONASS satellite was launched...".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

So much to learn is right, ggg87.

How many pages of the manual is devoted to the ABRIS? I asked because I want to gauge how much is there to learn because. Call me an idiot, but I came away from the video thinking I'm going to have to learn all that? And I have a feeling the vid didn't even scratch the surface of what awaits us in the final product.

I certainly hope this is the case of "it's actually easier than it looks". I wasn't intimidated by the start-up video because I'm positive there is a one button start up however, this video worries me. I think it's safe to say at this point that BS is going to be a handful for veterans and noobs. Well, bring it on. :)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The ABRIS is a very complex instrument, but I think Wags showed you the vast majority of the functions that you will use in game (yes, there's certainly more, and I think there are even some functions that can't actually be simulated, IIRC).

There's plenty of manual space devoted to ABRIS, that's all I'll say ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well, some think learning is half the fun; guess I'll see if that is true. :) I forgot to ask if it is possible to display the ABRIS in full screen or send it to a different monitor/touch screen? It looks really awkward having to spend minutes working something so complicated at a look down angel.

thanks

I forgot to ask if it is possible to display the ABRIS in full screen or send it to a different monitor/touch screen? It looks really awkward having to spend minutes working something so complicated at a look down angel.

You're getting taken in by the realism of it all Leafer :-) You're not realy looking down at it - if you zoom in a little, it's still right there in the middle of your monitor (just like full screen, only a slightly different shape)

Full screen in the ME would be handy though, rather than adding the general flight plan through the ME then adding the ABRIS specific parts by loading the mission & jumping into the pit.

Cheers.

Full screen in the ME would be handy though, rather than adding the general flight plan through the ME then adding the ABRIS specific parts by loading the mission & jumping into the pit.

What a great idea. Why didn't I think of that? Oh right...thinking is not my onete let alone forte. :doh:

I second a full screen ABRIS in the ME. I realize it's too late at this stage but perhaps somewhere down the road?