labels missing names.

D4n

Latest OpenBeta, place F10 map marker on MP server, player-name of last label-creator/last editor will now not be in label-title anymore.

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

Are we looking at a fix for this in next patch?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 months later...

Still bugged....

• 6 months later...

STILL bugged!!!

added tags "very high priority mp bug - causing trouble within pvp teams due to not being able to ask the marker-creator (player) about status of his markers" and "bug since nearly 1 year now".

Edited by DanielNL

• ED Team

can not reproduce seems working here.

When you report please include a track replay or video / picture showing the issue.

remove any unofficial mods try a cleanup and repair 

thanks

testing.PNG

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

can not reproduce seems working here.

You tested it with another player? It occurs on multiplayer servers with markers from other players. I have trackfiles, but they are huge...

Edited by DanielNL

uboats, did you have the F10 map open before or while other user placed the marker? Maybe that is related, and maybe no content should be in the marker box to reproduce this bug, or maybe the bug only occurs on Syria map, I will try to reproduce on Syria.

Edited by DanielNL

yesss, managed to reproduce. Even with content, one box reads "ewr"

short 22 MB .trk: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-F7W8e506IcYQAMc8rEPK63GHkOUIKRI/view?usp=sharing

Screen_201229_124845.png

15 hours ago, uboats said:

tried again: A had f10 off, B placed mark, then A checked f10, label still with B's name

it was on BS map

Well no big deal... in my above post I managed to reproduce... didn't you read? ^^ But thanks for trying again!!

Edited by DanielNL

I've just tried it on a multiplayer server, and I had no such issue.

I've even tried pressing keys while clicking the map, but nothing bad happened.

Replaying your track, I can clearly see the 2 markers with no player name on it, but it seems you didn't create them, since they were here when you joined. Right?

Couldn't it be orphaned markers? I mean, when a player leaves the server, chances are the server instantly forgets about him/her, hence leaving his/her markers with no name on it.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

it seems you didn't create them, since they were here when you joined. Right?

Correct!!

Couldn't it be orphaned markers? I mean, when a player leaves the server, chances are the server instantly forgets about him/her, hence leaving his/her markers with no name on it.

Yes, this could very well be the exact cause! @BIGNEWYdid you check the short trackfile in this above post yet, on your closed beta build for example? 🙂

Edited by DanielNL

• 4 months later...

Over 1 year later, still not fixed 😆

@D4nSorry, I'm still unable to reproduce this bug. This is what I tested:

1. Enter a server
  2. Create several markers (with or without labels)
  3. Leave the server
  4. Ask the others about the markers: my name was still on them, even one hour later.
  5. Rejoin the server once again: no change, my name was still on the markers.

Tell me if you have other ideas.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 9 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, Flappie said:

@D4nSorry, I'm still unable to reproduce this bug. This is what I tested:

1. Enter a server
  2. Create several markers (with or without labels)
  3. Leave the server
  4. Ask the others about the markers: my name was still on them, even one hour later.
  5. Rejoin the server once again: no change, my name was still on the markers.

Tell me if you have other ideas.

Sorry for quite delayed reply, but can you retest please? As soon as I create a marker on an MP server, that marker only has a number, but lacks my nickname.

• 3 weeks later...