DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Love the app, and all the progress you're making!

I have a question though: I can't seem to get the LCDs to work in the JF-17 UFC. I've updated the script and app. I've checked my IPs in both the app and the LUA file. I've temporary disabled the firewall in my computer.

My A-10C screens work just fine, like the UFC (and the new additions) and the CDU with the LCD.

In the JF-17 the Warnings work just fine, and I can also use the UFC fine. But the UFC LCDs aren't showing.

Any ideas?

Something must be wrong because you are the second person who does not work. I tested an hour ago on several devices, just to be sure on exactly the same application file and same script files. It's weird because I doubt there are different versions of Jf-17

Something must be wrong because you are the second person who does not work. I tested an hour ago on several devices, just to be sure on exactly the same application file and same script files. It's weird because I doubt there are different versions of Jf-17

I run the latest DCS Open Beta and I ran your upgrade script so I should have the latest script files.

I also tried the F/A-18 UFC which also works just fine including the LCDs.

I run the latest DCS Open Beta and I ran your upgrade script so I should have the latest script files.

I also tried the F/A-18 UFC which also works just fine including the LCDs.

Try to download packed ZIP from this:

https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script/releases

And change the script from this ZIP file to copy new files without replacing.

Have you updated the Config.lua file?

Try to download packed ZIP from this:

And change the script from this ZIP file to copy new files without replacing.

Have you updated the Config.lua file?

Yep, my config.lua is updated. Everything else besides the LCDs in the JF-17 UFC is working fine.

I tried the new zip archive and copied without replacing. No change, everything works except for the JF-17 UFC LCDs.

Yep, my config.lua is updated. Everything else besides the LCDs in the JF-17 UFC is working fine.

I tried the new zip archive and copied without replacing. No change, everything works except for the JF-17 UFC LCDs.

Strange, I need to review the DCS files again

F-16 ifc and MFD not working?

Great app. An issue I'm having,everything works outside MFD, F-16s IFC. I have not tried the KA-50 or A-10C yet. Any Idea what I'm not setting up correctly?

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

It's broken again.

the buttons are working from tablet to game. LCD images from game display is not showing on tablet.

I didn't touch anything. I have checked IP address in config lua it is unchanged from several days ago.

Exactly what’s happening for me as well. Ok. Anyone else?

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

Ok, fair enough about the MFD. but The LCD screens are not showing also. Warning lights yes. But nothing Else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30+ years flight sims

Ok, fair enough about the MFD. but The LCD screens are not showing also. Warning lights yes. But nothing Else.

In F-16? If warning lights work on one device, while data are not displayed on the other device, your router has probably changed the IP address of the other device. Each device has its own IP address given in the config.lua file, if you do not have them assigned permanently in the router, this one can change the address of one device, and the rest can be ok.

If you have something like this on your only device, download the lua files for the given module from github again (e.g. F-16C.lua) Maybe something with the file happened. Have you recently updated the entire script?

Have you recently added any other script to DCS?

The last version is 513 and since then nothing has changed in the application.

Same device and the IP is stable. What I’m saying is everything works as far as warning lights and sending commands to the PC from the Device. But anything LCD doesn’t show on the device. So no digital displays work.

30+ years flight sims

Same device and the IP is stable. What I’m saying is everything works as far as warning lights and sending commands to the PC from the Device. But anything LCD doesn’t show on the device. So no digital displays work.

F-16 or other machines too?

Is it on the same device or different?

Have you recently updated the entire script?

Have you added any new script recently?

I'm having the same issue with the JF-17: data is exported to my device, just not the LCD data.

I just had a thought about that: the F-18 UFC in your app displays 88 in each radio LCD until the game loads and starts exporting live data to it, but your JF-17 LCD does not have any similar "placeholder" LCD characters. Should it? If so, perhaps that's a clue to the problem..?

Glacier;4341749']I'm having the same issue with the JF-17: data is exported to my device, just not the LCD data.

I just had a thought about that: the F-18 UFC in your app displays 88 in each radio LCD until the game loads and starts exporting live data to it, but your JF-17 LCD does not have any similar "placeholder" LCD characters. Should it? If so, perhaps that's a clue to the problem..?

The fact that 88 is displayed in F/A-18 is just to see how it will look, from the rest of the panels such temporary text is removed. So it doesn't matter.

As for the JF-17 there is a problem here, because for some people everything is ok and for others it doesn't work. I tested it together with another user probably in all ways, on the same script (exactly the same files) for some users works, for others not. In the application, everything is ok, while data from DCS for some reason are not received (despite using the same approach as in F/A-18, Ka-50 or M2000).

We even compared the files in JF-17 and they are identical. It seems to me that the problem lies somewhere in DCS because using exactly the same script files, the same application file and identical files in JF-17, it works on one system and not on another

I also wrote to Deka Ironwork, but I haven't received an answer yet

The fact that 88 is displayed in F/A-18 is just to see how it will look, from the rest of the panels such temporary text is removed. So it doesn't matter.

As for the JF-17 there is a problem here, because for some people everything is ok and for others it doesn't work. I tested it together with another user probably in all ways, on the same script (exactly the same files) for some users works, for others not. In the application, everything is ok, while data from DCS for some reason are not received (despite using the same approach as in F/A-18, Ka-50 or M2000).

We even compared the files in JF-17 and they are identical. It seems to me that the problem lies somewhere in DCS because using exactly the same script files, the same application file and identical files in JF-17, it works on one system and not on another

I also wrote to Deka Ironwork, but I haven't received an answer yet

I appreciate the effort to solve this, even if the problem lies within DCS or the JF-17 module. Thanks.

As for the JF-17 there is a problem here, because for some people everything is ok and for others it doesn't work.

That must make it a real pain to troubleshoot, since you can't reliably recreate the problem. I wonder if module installation date might be a factor. I installed on day 1, so maybe there's some artifact that's ultimately corrupting the export data. I'll save my keymapping and then reinstall the module and see if that yields any different results.

Hi, I just brought the app....somewhat put off by the complex instructions ......

How easy is to install and use? Does the script run on the android tablet or your DCS pc?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, I just brought the app....somewhat put off by the complex instructions ......

How easy is to install and use? Does the script run on the android tablet or your DCS pc?

here you have ready the whole zip file with the script as it should look on the disk:

if you do not use other scripts, just unpack to the right place and change the IP addresses in the config.lua file:smilewink:

Glacier;4343391']It's not as complex as it seems. He just needs a technical writer to polish the instructions.

you're right, I need to smooth it out a bit:thumbup:

Edited by pet333r

Thank you, should the script be on my DCS install or the tablet?

This stuff sounds easy when you write code etc, but people who have no clue about this stuff will need their hands holding to avoid frustration and issues getting it to work.

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thank you, should the script be on my DCS install or the tablet?

This stuff sounds easy when you write code etc, but people who have no clue about this stuff will need their hands holding to avoid frustration and issues getting it to work.

In Your DCS on c drive in Saved Games folder