DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

image.png.1c17b088782aa7c276f8bef80aa8a45d.png

Any idea what that can mean?  Running as administrator. Download and install script button gives error
This is because you probably already have the script installed. Check the main file Export.lua in the Scripts folder, you may have the same entry several times to run the script.
If you want to update the script, the update_pw-dev_script.bat file is in the folder with it

New version 1.0.2021.0425 avaible

- fixed a bug when opening panels on some few hardware devices
- M2000C: fixed bug on warning panel when 5mn O2 warning occurred

This update mainly fixes an issue that has occurred on several devices and prevents the panels from starting

• Thanks 1

I just installed the app and script and did a few test flights with the Harrier and M2000C. All the panels seems to work as advertised (and i love it!) apart from the lcd's on the M2000 INS. The buttons and lights have no issues, and it communicates both ways, it's just the displays that stay empty.

I have tried updating/reinstalling the script as suggested in a similar case a few pages back, but that had no effect.

Is there anything else i can do?

Thank you for your hard work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, Derk said:

I just installed the app and script and did a few test flights with the Harrier and M2000C. All the panels seems to work as advertised (and i love it!) apart from the lcd's on the M2000 INS. The buttons and lights have no issues, and it communicates both ways, it's just the displays that stay empty.

I have tried updating/reinstalling the script as suggested in a similar case a few pages back, but that had no effect.

Is there anything else i can do?

Thank you for your hard work.

This problem currently only occurs in the OpenBeta version 2.7. I checked the files in the M2000C and it turns out that Razbam changed a lot of code in the module, so it is not displayed on this panel.
Of course it will be changed and updated in the application but it will need to wait until the stable version goes to 2.7 (then everything will be ok on both versions)

10 hours ago, pet333r said:

This problem currently only occurs in the OpenBeta version 2.7. I checked the files in the M2000C and it turns out that Razbam changed a lot of code in the module, so it is not displayed on this panel.
Of course it will be changed and updated in the application but it will need to wait until the stable version goes to 2.7 (then everything will be ok on both versions)

Okay, waiting patiently then while enjoying everything else. Thank you for letting me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was addition information after my post drop fps and stuttering by activation DCS UFC (not functional problem with UFC F18). Thanks for your help
The application does not have such an impact on DCS, it is mainly responsible for data reception. Stuttering must be caused by something else

And yet after several tries with and without the presence of "local pw = require ('lfs'); dofile (pw.writedir () .. [[Scripts \ pw-dev_script \ Export.lua]])" in the Export file. lua, I can confirm this problem for you !? Therefore I cannot use your application and it is very regrettable.

36 minutes ago, Blueleader said:

And yet after several tries with and without the presence of "local pw = require ('lfs'); dofile (pw.writedir () .. [[Scripts \ pw-dev_script \ Export.lua]])" in the Export file. lua, I can confirm this problem for you !? Therefore I cannot use your application and it is very regrettable.

Do you use any additional scripts? There is a Config.lua file in the script folder, how do you have IP addresses set in it?
In addition, the script sends the data it receives from the DCS and is sent only when it is necessary and nothing is read from the disk, which often reading from disk causes stuttering.

I do not know which version of DCS you have, but the current version 2.7 is still heavily bugged, I have already seen the "crash" window several dozen times (all within just a few days)

Yes, I use Scripts Tacview, Vaicom and SRS.

Yes a Config.iua in folder pw-dev_script and I modified only one adress IP (device 1) for the tablet android (should I remove device 2, 3 and 4 in the file config.lua ?)

For example

ExportScript.Config.Export      = true              -- sending data
ExportScript.Config.Export1SD   = false             -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host        = "192.168.1.44"     -- IP for 1st app
ExportScript.Config.Port        = 5160              -- port for sending data
Yes, DCS version 2.7

13 minutes ago, Blueleader said:

Yes, I use Scripts Tacview, Vaicom and SRS.

Yes a Config.iua in folder pw-dev_script and I modified only one adress IP (device 1) for the tablet android (should I remove device 2, 3 and 4 in the file config.lua ?)

For example

ExportScript.Config.Export      = true              -- sending data
ExportScript.Config.Export1SD   = false             -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host        = "192.168.1.44"     -- IP for 1st app
ExportScript.Config.Port        = 5160              -- port for sending data
Yes, DCS version 2.7

No, leave the rest of these groups (devices 2, 3, 4) by default. Got your script updated? The latest version has changed quite a lot and also requires updating the Config.lua file (here I can see that you have an "older" version of this file, in the newer version there are some additional options in it). If you use automatic script update, all files are updated (except for the Config.lua file, so as not to overwrite user settings and IP addresses in this file)

Do you have DCS on a regular HDD or SSD? When I changed from HDD to SSD, I eliminated stuttering completely

7 hours ago, Blueleader said:

Hello @Blueleaderand @pet333r:  There is likely something more to this performance problem then the DCS UFC Export scripts.

I was able to duplicate the performance and stuttering issues described. (Sadly)

In summary:

• Last year, when upgrading from Windows 10 build version 1909, to 2004 I noticed DCS performance issues with FPS and stutter.
  • I tired to trouble shoot a few things but backed out of the update because I was happy with the previous performance.
  • Windows Build 1909 is end of life next month.  I had little choice but to update to the latest Current OS Build 20H2. Before the update I have been running all versions of the DCS UFC scripts since last year with no performance problems. 

Other Observations: 

• At the time of the Windows Updates my DCS Menu screens were running at 170 FPS or more.  After updating to either Windows 10 2004 or 20H2 the FPS dropped to 64 FPS. (I am running Free-sync with no other framerate limiters used in the drivers and vsync is off in DCS)
  • Frame drop at the DCS menu screens happened with or without DCS UFC or any other export scripts running. 

Try this: 

•  Today, as part of my trouble shooting  I was able to get back most if not all of the performance and stutter free stability by changing the the export interval from 0.05 to 0.55.
  • < Excerpt from : Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-def_script\Config.lua  >
  • -- Other
    ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval          = 0.55	-- export every 0.05 seconds -trouble shooting- was 0.05 - trying 0.55 or higher was an improvement!
    ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval   = 0.1	-- export every 0.x seconds
  • For me this is just an interesting result because it tells me that DCS, Windows and my AMD Graphics driver are having trouble with the small workload created by exporting date every 0.05 seconds.  

Other Comments: 

• I am only running a 4 Core i5-3570K on my DCS machine. Maybe when I get "un lazy" I will install my spare i7-3770K. Perhaps the extra 4 threads can help Windows and AMD provide better GPU performance.
  • The best thing to do would be a Fresh Windows 10 Install of Windows 10 20H2 and DCS to see if the problem still exists. (This is not an option for me at this time)
  • Windows 10  21H1 is due for release in May. Maybe that update will solve whatever internal issues have caused this problem since Windows Build 2004 for me.
  • Maybe @pet333rcan make some changes to the lua or scripts than can work around the DCS and Windows problem.

Cheers. 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

1 hour ago, Blueleader said:

I use only SSD.

After upgrade, problem is same.

I tried with a version DCS not beta 2.5.6 but the problem is the same ! ?

1 hour ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hello @Blueleaderand @pet333r:  There is likely something more to this performance problem then the DCS UFC Export scripts.

I was able to duplicate the performance and stuttering issues described. (Sadly)

In summary:

• Last year, when upgrading from Windows 10 build version 1909, to 2004 I noticed DCS performance issues with FPS and stutter.
  • I tired to trouble shoot a few things but backed out of the update because I was happy with the previous performance.
  • Windows Build 1909 is end of life next month.  I had little choice but to update to the latest Current OS Build 20H2. Before the update I have been running all versions of the DCS UFC scripts since last year with no performance problems. 

Other Observations: 

• At the time of the Windows Updates my DCS Menu screens were running at 170 FPS or more.  After updating to either Windows 10 2004 or 20H2 the FPS dropped to 64 FPS. (I am running Free-sync with no other framerate limiters used in the drivers and vsync is off in DCS)
  • Frame drop at the DCS menu screens happened with or without DCS UFC or any other export scripts running. 

Try this: 

•  Today, as part of my trouble shooting  I was able to get back most if not all of the performance and stutter free stability by changing the the export interval from 0.05 to 0.55.
  • < Excerpt from : Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-def_script\Config.lua  >
  • 
    -- Other
    ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval          = 0.55	-- export every 0.05 seconds -trouble shooting- was 0.05 - trying 0.55 or higher was an improvement!
    ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval   = 0.1	-- export every 0.x seconds
  • For me this is just an interesting result because it tells me that DCS, Windows and my AMD Graphics driver are having trouble with the small workload created by exporting date every 0.05 seconds.  

Other Comments: 

• I am only running a 4 Core i5-3570K on my DCS machine. Maybe when I get "un lazy" I will install my spare i7-3770K. Perhaps the extra 4 threads can help Windows and AMD provide better GPU performance.
  • The best thing to do would be a Fresh Windows 10 Install of Windows 10 20H2 and DCS to see if the problem still exists. (This is not an option for me at this time)
  • Windows 10  21H1 is due for release in May. Maybe that update will solve whatever internal issues have caused this problem since Windows Build 2004 for me.
  • Maybe @pet333rcan make some changes to the lua or scripts than can work around the DCS and Windows problem.

Cheers. 

I used to have a similar situation, I changed a bit in the graphics settings in DCS and additionally installed Reshade, before all that I had an average of 50-70 fps on three monitors, after that it was only 24-27fps. At first I didn't know what it was about because changing the settings in DCS to default and turning off Reshade did not help. Finally, I deleted the "fxo" folder from the DCS folder in Saved Games. DCS created new shader files for the new settings and it is back to normal.

Thanks for the quick reply @pet333r.

I have tried deleting the shader cashes, fresh video driver installs and DCS full repair.  So far the only thing that is consistent with good results is increasing the value of ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval 

I will try some other things and eventually install the better i7 Processor in hopes that it will help make a difference. 

Cheers.  

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

17 hours ago, Treker said:

@pet333r really love your app and features for Mirage, my favorite plane. Any plans to implement radios?

Yes it will. Although a bit later because recently the priority was to update the INS panel so that it works with the modified version of M2000C in DCS 2.7 (it will require updating the M2000C.lua file in the Modules folder in the script, it is already available on Github)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Roger01 said:

Hello, is mfcd works with or without mfcd screen export ? Like 1 or like 2? Thanks ! 

At the moment, version: 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

New version 1.0.2021.0508 avaible

- T-45C: added UFC panel support
- MFD: added support for T-45C Goshawk
- M2000C INS: the module LCD data display has been updated to the latest version 2.7
- Ka-50: added fullscreen support
- changed home screen graphic

updated INS panel to work with the latest version of the M2000C module released in version 2.7, update the M2000C.lua file in the "Modules" folder in the script

• Thanks 2