DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Great job with the new Viggen all-in-one screen, it reduced the time I spend head down by at least 90%.

I have one feature request if possible, the A-10C UFC screen could really use a scratchpad display on the top of it. This is the line at the very bottom of your HUD and also the last line on the CDU that shows what you're typing in [BRACKETS]. It's pretty awkward to type on the android tablet without seeing if I made a typo. If you can't export just that one line of the HUD then maybe you could separately export just that one line of the CDU, to prevent the performance loss of exporting the full CDU when only using the UFC.

scratchpad.jpg

• Like 1

Hey I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see this mentioned, but are there any particular models of tablets recommended for use with this app, or a particular screen size and resolution for optimum compatibility? Thanks!

On 6/7/2021 at 6:47 AM, gachatar said:

Great job with the new Viggen all-in-one screen, it reduced the time I spend head down by at least 90%.

I have one feature request if possible, the A-10C UFC screen could really use a scratchpad display on the top of it. This is the line at the very bottom of your HUD and also the last line on the CDU that shows what you're typing in [BRACKETS]. It's pretty awkward to type on the android tablet without seeing if I made a typo. If you can't export just that one line of the HUD then maybe you could separately export just that one line of the CDU, to prevent the performance loss of exporting the full CDU when only using the UFC.

scratchpad.jpg

Pretty good idea, I will check the exportability of it, if it is possible, I think I can add it on the UFC panel

20 hours ago, Foxx said:

Hey I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see this mentioned, but are there any particular models of tablets recommended for use with this app, or a particular screen size and resolution for optimum compatibility? Thanks!

There is no special recommendation for devices. As for the system, the application works with Android from version 4.1 and above. I use it on an 8-year-old tablet with 1GB RAM and there are no problems, but it is known that the faster the hardware, the faster everything works.

When it comes to size, I try to arrange the panels so that they look good on smaller and larger diagonals, some panels differ for smaller and larger diagonals so that they can be used well. From my own experience, however, I know that it is best operated on 10 "screens, but for example, having several different devices with different sizes, those with smaller screens can be used for less frequently operated panels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New version 1.0.2021.0611 avaible

- added F-16C CMDS & RWR panel
- changed graphics of the MFD panel
- automatic change of OSB buttons on the panel for individual modules
- added screen dimming when selecting a panel to open
- the buttons for handling panels in vertical mode have been changed
- the display of the windows of individual modules panels on small screens has been fixed

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 7:42 AM, Foxx said:

I bought two Lenovo E10 and E7 tablets - cheap and work perfectly.

• Like 2

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

39 minutes ago, Scipiooo said:

hello
Thx for this app.

i have an issue, all my MFS does'nt work

For JF17 it's ok, but FA18, F16 no response when i push button on my devices (3 diffents devices and same results)

Did i miss something ?

Thx a lot

Are you talking about OSB buttons on MFD panels? if so, on the MFD panel for F-16 / FA-18, click somewhere in the middle and select from the menu which panel you want to use

2 minutes ago, pet333r said:

Are you talking about OSB buttons on MFD panels? if so, on the MFD panel for F-16 / FA-18, click somewhere in the middle and select from the menu which panel you want to use

yes the OSB button

I click on the middle, selected left, right or center, but nothing work

Just now, Scipiooo said:

yes the OSB button

I click on the middle, selected left, right or center, but nothing work

Try to clean the application data in the system and try again (you will have to enter the PC IP address in the settings again), maybe something went wrong in the system

4 minutes ago, pet333r said:

Try to clean the application data in the system and try again (you will have to enter the PC IP address in the settings again), maybe something went wrong in the system

How can i clean the app data ?

Ccleaner or uninstalling the script and reinstaling it ?

33 minutes ago, pet333r said:

No, on device. Settings > Apps > DCS UFC > Properties

nope doesn't work, 

uninstaling script and reinstaling

uninstaling apps on the 3 devices and reinstaling

Edited by Scipiooo
add some info

14 minutes ago, Scipiooo said:

nope doesn't work

Other buttons on other panels on the same device work? Try to change which panel to use from the settings in the application. After changing the panel you have a 'indicator' in the corner of the panel which is selected (L/R/C)?

Other buttons on other panels on the same device work? Try to change which panel to use from the settings in the application. After changing the panel you have a 'indicator' in the corner of the panel which is selected (L/R/C)?

Yes there other buttons on other panel for each modules works fine (JF17 i can push ont the MFD button and work), 

I tried to change panel in mfd for L/R/C and no indications in the corner appears. Just a message tell me L/R/C selected but buttons doesn't work ans no indicator on corner

Edited by Scipiooo

7 minutes ago, Scipiooo said:

Yes there other buttons on other panel for each modules works fine (JF17 i can push ont the MFD button and work), 

I tried to change panel in mfd for L/R/C and no indications in the corner appears

JF17 is running on the same device for you and the LCD data on the UFC panel for the F-18 is displayed?

Just now, pet333r said:

JF17 fonctionne sur le même appareil pour vous et les données LCD sur le panneau UFC pour le F-18 sont affichées ?

yes jf17 work on the sames devices (works for the 3 devices connected)
no display on UFC in the apps but work in DCS, i can put tacan, ILS, D/L and A/P from the app

2 minutes ago, Scipiooo said:

yes jf17 work on the sames devices (works for the 3 devices connected)
no display on UFC in the apps but work in DCS, i can put tacan, ILS, D/L and A/P from the app

Ok, I already know what's going on. Check the IP address of your Android devices and enter these addresses in the Config.lua file located in the script folder

Ok, je sais déjà ce qui se passe. Vérifiez l'adresse IP de vos appareils Android et saisissez ces adresses dans le fichier Config.lua situé dans le dossier script

XD i'm a big dumb, 

in Config.lua, put my ip on 192.168.0.14 but in reality was 192.168.1.14

thx for your help, now work fine

• Like 1

New version 1.0.2021.0709 avaible

- A-10C: changed UFC graphic panel
- F-5E: added Radar Warning System
- F/A-18C: changed right console to: ELEC / ECS / SNSR
- F/A-18C: added lighting panel: internal/external
- M2000C: updated PPA panel to the latest version of the module
- FC3: added support for J-11A

• Like 1