Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Вернулся мой любимый сервер!  Спасибо!

Однако, нашел ошибку. На карте Сирии южный медицинский центр г. Хайфа (который на побережье) не включает триггер "выгрузки" пострадавших.

MSI Z690-A, DDR5 32Gb, 13600KF 5Ghz, 3080Ti, SSD, Win10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't know. Or even how to find out. But I'm trying to make one. I can do some of it, but the important things I cannot do.. SO I wish.. hah
Check if you have a track, keep forgetting the fault path to were MP tracks are stored. Take the last one and rename from .trk to .miz and you should have the mission to my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Snowman!

I was a fan of the Search and Rescue server, specially firefighting and i really wish they had added the Mosquito to fight the forest fires... Hope you guys keep developing it and maybe get firefighting missions going on too.

Just tried your AirCav server.
Loaded some hookers (thats really an option wow), but was not clear to where i should take them.
Thought about flying them to the Yatch Club, but since it was raining (which i love), we ended up throwing a party inside the helicopter.

Thx for the suggestion.

Edited by Haupt17
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 10:28 AM, AC_Snowman374th said:

Well hello everyone.. AirCav has created a room to fly helo's in. Rescue and sling loading and more.. Drop by check us out.. cool room to fly in. Server is always up.. Hosted by Fox3..

Snowman

What's the name of the server? Do you guys have a Discord so we can join?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, after the (presumed) demise of one of my favorite servers, the fabled "Rescue" server, I have now put together a (small-scale) proof of concept server mission that I'd like to enlist you to stress-test over the next few days so that - if everything checks out - I can begin on a bigger, badder and better version. Here's "Angels of Caucasus", which after about a week of stress testing I'm planning to release (free of course) to the public on ED's User Files. Right now, it's live on

"cfrag's DML Testbed | Fox3ms.com F4-231

(of course a fox3 server 🙂 ) for your enjoyment

image.png

Angels of Caucasus
Helicopter Rescue single/multiplayer [Huey, Hip, Gazelle, Hind] - endless mission, persisting scores

You are an "Angel", a member of Batumi's elite Air Rescue organization. Your task is to evacuate injured people from all over Batumi, and return them to Batumi's Field Hospital, located at Batumi Airfield. 

Since Batumi is big, and accidents happen, there will always be more people requiring your assistance then you can provide - so bring a friend or two if you can: this mission is fully multiplayer capable, and keeps track of your accomplishments, even between mission restarts.
There are four slots available (two each hot and cold) for Hueys, Hips, Gazelles and Hinds), allowing for a maximum of 16 pilots simultaneously. 

You perform a SAR by flying towards the evacuee (they all have locator devices for your ADF). Pearly Gates, your Command Authority can vector you towards your target. Once you get within 1km, help on the ground will mark the spot with smoke, and you'll be guided by your chied for the last 100m.

Land close enough to pick up the evacuee. If landing is not possible (rescue over open water for some hapless swimmer, or forest), you can attempt a winch rescue which requires you to hover within range and altitude for some 20 seconds. Once the evacuee is on board, you are to return them to Batumi Field Hospital for triage. Batumi Field Hospital is located at Batumi airfield, and is marked with red smoke.

This mission can persist all your accomplishments (landings, time, rescues) per airframe if you have persistence enabled (this requires that your DCS is 'de-sanitized').

Features

• Up to 16 Players, supporting the Hind, Huey, Hip and Gazelle
  • rescue missions in Batumi city proper, forest, over water (Batumi Harbor and bay)
  • Dynamic Airfield Scenery (provided by stopGap)
  • Persistent log
  • Civilian air traffic
  • Endless
  • "dynamic scenery" for evacuees
  • PearlyGates performed by elevenLabs

Enjoy, and be an angell!

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 8:42 PM, AC_Snowman374th said:

What wtf happen to you? You abandoned us..

Ooooo...CH124 as the profile pic.   Nice.

What's the name of the server that you are talking about.   I think I missed it.

2 hours ago, cfrag said:

Hey there. I played for around an hour tonight, and found it pretty fun. However, I feel a few things could could be changed.

- Players can load weapons, although I'm sure you know already. If it's not to impactful on performance I actually like having smoke.

- I found that people despawn too quickly, especially if you've got to spend a minute or two hovering for each patient. By the time you're done it feels like half the missions have changed and you've got to re-plan your route. I get it adds a time incentive, but I think it's a bit excessive.

- Missions seem a bit close together geographically. Having a wider spread would add some more variety. It would also make each landing a bit more meaningful, as you wouldn't be making one minute hops between missions. There also a few car crashes in the middle of the forest, which weren't very fun to complete. I also had a bug in which it told me to go to 10 - 90 ft above the patient while I was 20 ft up. I do quite like the water rescues.

- The amount of missions seemed unmanageable for a single player. It would be great to have a system which spawns new rescues based on the player count with a set cap, so a solo pilot isn't met with 20 tasks in all directions.

- It's difficult to navigate with the provided menu, as it feels a bit too cluttered. It would be really nice to have a 'nearest' menu option that's updated periodically. It's a bit silly to change the ADF for missions that are 2nm apart. I don't think the gazelle can even use the full range of ADF channels, although that might be user error.

- A bit more airframe variety would be neat, although I'm sure that's a task for later. I'd like to see the KA-50 and AH-64 even if they don't have a passenger cabin, just to be able to practice tight landings. I'd love to use the community UH-60 and MH-60 mods as well.

This seems like an good server, definitively sufficient to replace this one. I hope it becomes popular. I'll certainly be playing it some more. Thanks for making this and all your other missions.

Edited by Emble
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Emble said:

I played for around an hour tonight, and found it pretty fun. However, I feel a few things could could be changed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to play and provide such extensive thoughtful feddback, @Emble!

• Like 1