A.I. Mig 21 outmaneuvers F-18

wizav

I was just fighting A.I Mig 21 (gun dogfight) he moves like Mig 29.. no restrictions what so ever.

Angles? Engine stress? Fuel?

Does A.I. mig 21 has the same restrictions as player Mig 21 or is it just a skin?

He climbs 90 degrees, turns 45 degrees etc...

My Mig 21 would die if I tried something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's definitely been documented that the AI aircraft "cheat" a little bit in dogfights, so that is probably contributing!

That being said, what was the fight like? Low speed, high aoa? Or a high speed rate fight? One circle or two? When you say he outmaneuvered the Hornet, how do you mean? As in, he out-turned the hornet all the way to a shooting position? Or did he just jink enough to throw off an attacking hornet?

It's definitely been documented that the AI aircraft "cheat" a little bit in dogfights, so that is probably contributing!

That being said, what was the fight like? Low speed, high aoa? Or a high speed rate fight? One circle or two? When you say he outmaneuvered the Hornet, how do you mean? As in, he out-turned the hornet all the way to a shooting position? Or did he just jink enough to throw off an attacking hornet?

I tried to defeat Mig 21 by abusing his inability to turn fast or to climb under high angles.

But it seems that A.I Mig 21 doesn't know for Mig-21 limits :megalol::megalol:

Of course I won but it was way harder than I hoped, it doesn't make sense, especially with MIG 21 which is a unique kind of aircraft in that matter.

Yes he managed to go behind me by abusing high angles... :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AI use their own separate flight models for all aircraft, not just the MiG. What works against actual players won't against AI and vice versa.

That said, people chronically underestimate the 21's capabilities in close and especially at low speed, and Hornets are the most satisfying victims :)

for those of us with a bit of access to hardware or cloud compute I'd love to be able to run AI code with a realistic FM on a separate machine or an ec2 to instance to dogfight against.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

I was just fighting A.I Mig 21 (gun dogfight) he moves like Mig 29.. no restrictions what so ever.

Angles? Engine stress? Fuel?

Does A.I. mig 21 has the same restrictions as player Mig 21 or is it just a skin?

He climbs 90 degrees, turns 45 degrees etc...

My Mig 21 would die if I tried something like that.

Well, since last update you can now fly the 21 the way the IA is able to fly it: no restriction in AOA !

If you think that's bad, do the mission in the Hornet, vs the 2x MiG-15's. The AI MiG-15 is notorious for how broken it flies. IN fact, you can put the AI MiG-15 against nearly all other AI planes in a guns fight and it will likely win.

AI aircraft do not follow the same basic laws of aerodynamics/physics etc. that human operated aircraft in DCS are governed by leading to them often pulling off some insane maneuvers.

This, the stall issues of the MiG-21 aren't applicable to the AI. This is a DCS wide issue and, frankly, it's long over due for a remedy.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Sorry to dissapoint you all, but from what I understand, ED is rather OK with their AI and just encourage us to better learn energy management, which is apparently the only thing that needs to be tweaked :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4284044&postcount=14

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 3 years later...