New StreamDeck Plugin

18 minutes ago, jonny415 said:

I was about to ask that how to fix it. I just updated the stream deck couple days ago. Had to manually fix it and exit the stream deck per page, cuz it would revert back. If you don't update some new profile will show as empty. 

Best to avoid it till you absolutely have to. 

I managed to just reset it by clearing the %appdata% folders out and the uninstall/reinstall 5.33 and works great again.

My topic from a few days ago still stands but at least the profiles work.

10 hours ago, Coyote_One said:

Also to add, dont update your streamdeck software to version 6.0.x.xxx.....

All the text image states got messed with with Baileys profiles and everything else. Unless you want to go through and manually change the font or text spacing to every button..... Mine got thrown off and some font changed, etc etc.

@Bailey - heads up if you havent already updated your software. I would wait.

I updated mine and while I had to change fonts on some buttons it didn't break any functionality. In fact it improved switching between devices if you have more than one. It doesn't take you to the top of your folders when you move to a another deck. I would recommend updating.

Edited by bones1014

4 hours ago, bones1014 said:

I updated mine and while I had to change fonts on some buttons it didn't break any functionality. In fact it improved switching between devices if you have more than one. It doesn't take you to the top of your folders when you move to a another deck. I would recommend updating.

I found it broke some profiles using these text patterns to "cover up" parts of the image giving the illusion it has more than 1 image state like Baileys Jammer F16 profile. Pretty awesome work he did, but this broke immediately upon updating to 6.0. I don't have a screenshot from the 6.0 broken part but all the positions were way off thus nulling the profile.

When I updated, the font sizing and text changed no longer working properly. I will remain on 5.33 for as long as I can. Recommend anyone who uses stuff like this stays on 5.33 to avoid headaches.null
null
null

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Coyote_One
Added Photo

7 minutes ago, Coyote_One said:

I found it broke some profiles using these text patterns to "cover up" parts of the image giving the illusion it has more than 1 image state like Baileys Jammer F16 profile. Pretty awesome work he did, but this broke immediately upon updating to 6.0. I don't have a screenshot from the 6.0 broken part but all the positions were way off thus nulling the profile.

When I updated, the font sizing and text changed no longer working properly. I will remain on 5.33 for as long as I can. Recommend anyone who uses stuff like this stays on 5.33 to avoid headaches.null

null

image.png

image.png

I guess it was still working for me.

Bones1014

please see my comment on your dcs user upload. 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am a Helios user and just started with the SD so I am not that familiar as to what to do.  I have downloaded some profiles that work fine, but your download just confuses me with my lack of understanding.  How do I know which one is for the F1?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I been working on the icons for my all profile which will require less text input so no more messing around with text expect vol/rotary knob will remain the same. Here is the example without DCS running in the back. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by jonny415
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, sobe said:

I am a Helios user and just started with the SD so I am not that familiar as to what to do.  I have downloaded some profiles that work fine, but your download just confuses me with my lack of understanding.  How do I know which one is for the F1?

all of it is. I have multiple stream decks so the profile is spread out across all of them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 2:49 AM, skypickle said:

After thinking about this, I realize there is no solution. For example, if the switch is in the middle position, then how could a button press on the stream deck indicate which direction the switch will move?

even if I use a switch/rotary with cycling, how can three different icons be used to reflect switch state?

So the question is whether it is possible to have three or more icons, not whether you can have three way switches. 🙂

The solution, as far as I know is to have text instead of icons when you need more than two states.

• Like 2
G6XLe1V.png

On 6/21/2021 at 11:10 PM, ctytler said:

For the RWR if the off/on states for the buttons are 0/1, when you use the momentary button it will command 1 then 0 on release. There’s a checkbox in the button Command settings that should allow you to disable the release, or you may want to use a switch instead.  

The RWR buttons in the f5E behave oddly. It seems some cycle only when the value '1' is sent. So for example the search button works only when an incremental input (rotary) is used. When '1' is sent, the button in the jet is in a depressed condition. When '0' is sent, the button  in the jet is in an up condition. However this button does not toggle on and off with its two states. Rather, The button in the jet is only activated when a 1 is sent when it is in the off state. And it is deactivated when a '1' is sent when it is in the on state. Unfortunately, using a simple button and disabling the the second value does not work because the button in the jet only changes appearrance when it detects a state change from 0 to 1.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 4 weeks later...

After having issues not seeing an FPS boost with the new MT update, I noticed that removing the Scripts folder from my saved games folder, I saw the 50 fps boost I was expecting. The only scripts were the DCS-ExportScript for the module .lua files, Hooks with DCS bios .lua files, and VAICOMPRO for the .lua there. Is anyone else experiancing something similar? 

3 hours ago, MrBlessyolife said:

After having issues not seeing an FPS boost with the new MT update, I noticed that removing the Scripts folder from my saved games folder, I saw the 50 fps boost I was expecting. The only scripts were the DCS-ExportScript for the module .lua files, Hooks with DCS bios .lua files, and VAICOMPRO for the .lua there. Is anyone else experiancing something similar? 

Try the fix I posted here and see if it helps:

33 minutes ago, wombat778 said:

Try the fix I posted here and see if it helps:

Thanks! That did work, somewhat. Without the scripts I'm getting 90-100+ fps depending on the situation. With that change, I'm getting about a stable 60 give or take a few. Do you think the scripts are that demanding or could it be that the MT implementation is early and can get better? I don't know anything about this stuff. 

I just upgraded SRS to 2.0.8.4 which runs as admin now, I'll figure that one out later.

However SRS will not run if I have the export script in the export.lua.

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

For now I've removed it -- so I've isolated it to that.

Anyone else come across this?

I just upgraded SRS to 2.0.8.4 which runs as admin now, I'll figure that one out later.
However SRS will not run if I have the export script in the export.lua.
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
For now I've removed it -- so I've isolated it to that.
Anyone else come across this?
I have both working at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

On 3/12/2023 at 12:18 PM, MrBlessyolife said:

Thanks! That did work, somewhat. Without the scripts I'm getting 90-100+ fps depending on the situation. With that change, I'm getting about a stable 60 give or take a few. Do you think the scripts are that demanding or could it be that the MT implementation is early and can get better? I don't know anything about this stuff. 

I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out why a simple export script was ruining my FPS, eventually I found the problem is some functions in the aircraft export files (that in my opinion should not be enabled by default).

Check the export script for each aircraft you fly for a section like this:
Eg for F-16  in Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules/F-16C_50.lua

if LoIsObjectExportAllowed() then -- returns true if world objects data is available
    if LoIsOwnshipExportAllowed() then -- returns true if ownship data is available
  ExportScript.LoAircraftInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides a lot of aircraft properties
  ExportScript.AirportInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides info on the two closest airports
  ExportScript.WindsAloft(mainPanelDevice) -- Gets winds at the aircraft
  ExportScript.GroundRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.AirRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.IglaHunter(mainPanelDevice) -- Locates closest Igla (Use in Single Player)
    end
  end

Disabling that section for me instantly increased FPS by a lot and stopped the horrible microstutter.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 6:12 AM, Py said:

I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out why a simple export script was ruining my FPS, eventually I found the problem is some functions in the aircraft export files (that in my opinion should not be enabled by default).

Check the export script for each aircraft you fly for a section like this:
Eg for F-16  in Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules/F-16C_50.lua

if LoIsObjectExportAllowed() then -- returns true if world objects data is available
    if LoIsOwnshipExportAllowed() then -- returns true if ownship data is available
  ExportScript.LoAircraftInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides a lot of aircraft properties
  ExportScript.AirportInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides info on the two closest airports
  ExportScript.WindsAloft(mainPanelDevice) -- Gets winds at the aircraft
  ExportScript.GroundRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.AirRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.IglaHunter(mainPanelDevice) -- Locates closest Igla (Use in Single Player)
    end
  end

Disabling that section for me instantly increased FPS by a lot and stopped the horrible microstutter.

How do you disable that section? 

Hello, I hope i can get some help, 
I'm using the Streamdeck to see my IFEI like in the picture. 

I have MFD and UFC and all that so i'm using View Hud only, but when i switch to view hud only, the Streamdeck won't update the IFEI numbers anymore until i switch back to cockpit view.

I have tried to add to IFEI.int this line :     purposes                       = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}
end

and it works but then i have the IFEI on the main screen right to the hud when in hud only view, any ideas?

null

image.png

Edited by Lekaa

1 hour ago, Lekaa said:

Hello, I hope i can get some help, 
I'm using the Streamdeck to see my IFEI like in the picture. 

I have MFD and UFC and all that so i'm using View Hud only, but when i switch to view hud only, the Streamdeck won't update the IFEI numbers anymore until i switch back to cockpit view.

I have tried to add to IFEI.int this line :     purposes                       = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}
end

and it works but then i have the IFEI on the main screen right to the hud when in hud only view, any ideas?

null

image.png

perhaps in HUD view only the game isn't exporting that data. I don't know though.