Allow tanker to bank up to 60 degrees while refueling

Currently, tankers bank only 10-15 degrees while in the refueling track which causes problems with push positions and times when refueling large packages.

Please allow selectable bank in 15 degree increments up to 60 deg (15, 30, 45, 60). The selection can be made in the editor with a default of 30 degrees. If desired the bank could also be altered via radio menu.

The main consideration is smooth roll in and out of the bank by the tanker.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Currently, tankers bank only 10-15 degrees while in the refueling track which causes problems with push positions and times when refueling large packages.

Please allow selectable bank in 15 degree increments up to 60 deg (15, 30, 45, 60). The selection can be made in the editor with a default of 30 degrees. If desired the bank could also be altered via radio menu.

The main consideration is smooth roll in and out of the bank by the tanker.

A 60 degree bank angle requires 2 G's to remain level.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

You didn't answer his question, which was: "Do you have evidence that a loaded KC-135 can sustain a level, 2 G turn?" :smartass:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

We dont use a 60 degree turn during Air Refueling. Even tactical arrivals are limited to 60 degree banks.

That "wifferdill" with the B-52 was a CFIC (Instructor course) to demonstrate a controlled minimum G maneuver. But not used in practice. Typically a racetrack is flown with 15 degree banks, depending on airspace.

I don't need to answer it :)

Haha, yes that's true.

But it would be nice if you do ... since it may appear a "hidden/secret" behaviour of the KC135, assuming you would have said: Yes I have evidence.

Which in turn I would find very interesting to read more about ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Do they still do this training?

Sadly, no. This training was done when the KC-135 and B-52 were both part of Strategic Air Command or SAC. SAC pilots took intense pride in flying excellence, professionalism, and discipline. Once SAC was dissolved, KC-135s moved over to Air Mobility Command in the early 1990s. The wifferdill ‘confidence maneuver’ faded with the command. Air refueling today is much more benign.

From the article here: https://www.avgeekery.com/b-52-aircrews-used-air-refuel-crazy-bank-angles-just-prove/

Plus, it only mentions it was a thing with the B52, no other aircraft.

So anyway, while you're stuck on this thing being possible and in which conditions - what's the problem with adding it? No one's going to make you do 2g refueling unless your mission creator is particularly cruel.

The request is for adding SELECTABLE refueling bank angle at 15 deg intervals - 15, 30, 45, 60.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda