JDAM's

The_Sko

Yea :) They changed the logic on current Open Beta 2.5.6.50321 and undesignate works different there. I am on OpenBeta ;)

ok, that's a shame, because I was so happy that it finally worked. (ok, apart from the TOO-locked-VVSLV-issue)

hope they get it fixed soon, because I can't believe that it works like that IRL. And if it did, I strongly recommend to get a DCS-modder to the real Hornet ;)

if it is broken in beta, just ignore my last post because in stable it just works fine.

Mystery solved.. It was driving me crazy...er... :)

I guess ppl need to add version numbers in the first post or title. So now I have to lock one target. Bomb it, then lock another..until the next patch. I did like that I could stack up 8 targets and then do one run... oh well, the magic of beta's.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Regarding a video I made using TOO with 8 JDAMs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273114

In OB x.49798, pressing undesignate didn't snowplow the TGP which was great. x.49798 eventually became Stable. x.50321 now reverts back to original behavior. Everything else works fine apart from some FLIR, DDI and HUD enhancements which don't affect target designation and TOO coordinates management.

What I have found that works after releasing the last JDAM is, if you have a waypoint at or near your target area, you can press WPDSG to move the TGP and adjust it from there without compromising JDAM coordinates. And/or use the SA page to slew the cursor at or near the waypoint.

Regarding a video I made using TOO with 8 JDAMs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273114

In OB x.49798, pressing undesignate didn't snowplow the TGP which was great. x.49798 eventually became Stable. x.50321 now reverts back to original behavior. Everything else works fine apart from some FLIR, DDI and HUD enhancements which don't affect target designation and TOO coordinates management.

I found that cycling the POD from Point Track back to Un-Track works great for selecting a new target....i.e. Sensor Switch Right... (if POD is on the right)

Just need to fix the TOO target info being saved to all positions and then it will be useable.

Also I found a work around to copy the TOO to PP... I guess this is a bug, but it helps to stack up targets...

1:- Arm bombs and set all stations to PP then go to the jdam msn page.

2:- Set one station to TOO.

3:- Designate a target while the TOO station is selected. Then press step.. this will copy the info into the PP for the next station ..i.e. you have to step from a TOO station to a PP station whilst a target is designated.

Example....if Station 8 is TOO and you designate a target, then press step, it will populate that info into Station 2 PP , that is, if station 2 is already setup as PP..

4:- Change the new Station into TOO.i.e. station 2.. and move the FLIR view and designate a new target... then step. again it copies the data to the next Station. 7 PP.

5:- repeat for the three stations and then you have to set the first station that was in TOO ('8') to PP and perform the copy from a TOO Station. (3).

e.g. //8 TOO -> 2 PP // 2 TOO -> 7 PP // 7 TOO -> 3 PP // 3 TOO -> 8 PP// ( * -> = step)

a tad fiddely, so if someone can find a better way let us know.. and don't touch undesignate...

Edited by gonk

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

SIMPEDS Pedals

Something very strange happening. Even following this process on the latest OB for just two targets the original (first designated) TOO gets overwritten with the coords of the second staitions TOO when TDC depress :cry:

Also even two direct hits on a hardened AC shelter using GBU31V's no longer flattens it. It seems to be invincible! Previously (last OB) one direct hit from a 31V was enough to destroy it......

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

So for example if you had 4 JDAMs loaded on two BRU-55s (let's assume stations 8 and 2), it might look like this:

- Designate TOO1 on Station 8.

- Switch to and designate TOO2 on Station 8.

- Step to and designate TOO1 on Station 2.

- Switch to and designate TOO2 on Station 2.

- Undesignate.

Thanks, I also missed the undesignate at the end in my procedure (Which leads to overriding if you step through the stations again). Now it is easy peasy and a joy.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

I found that cycling the POD from Point Track back to Un-Track works great for selecting a new target....i.e. Sensor Switch Right... (if POD is on the right)

Just need to fix the TOO target info being saved to all positions and then it will be useable.

Also I found a work around to copy the TOO to PP... I guess this is a bug, but it helps to stack up targets...

1:- Arm bombs and set all stations to PP then go to the jdam msn page.

2:- Set one station to TOO.

3:- Designate a target while the TOO station is selected. Then press step.. this will copy the info into the PP for the next station ..i.e. you have to step from a TOO station to a PP station whilst a target is designated.

Example....if Station 8 is TOO and you designate a target, then press step, it will populate that info into Station 2 PP , that is, if station 2 is already setup as PP..

4:- Change the new Station into TOO.i.e. station 2.. and move the FLIR view and designate a new target... then step. again it copies the data to the next Station. 7 PP.

5:- repeat for the three stations and then you have to set the first station that was in TOO ('8') to PP and perform the copy from a TOO Station. (3).

e.g. //8 TOO -> 2 PP // 2 TOO -> 7 PP // 7 TOO -> 3 PP // 3 TOO -> 8 PP// ( * -> = step)

a tad fiddely, so if someone can find a better way let us know.. and don't touch undesignate...

Yeah I fiddled with it a bit more and saw the same thing. Seems the TGP still needs some refining as bugs are being reported. My goal is to provide a TOO multi JDAM procedure with the least amount of buttons pressed.

I may redo the video when the dust settles. But for now, my video's procedure works.

Yeah I fiddled with it a bit more and saw the same thing. Seems the TGP still needs some refining as bugs are being reported. My goal is to provide a TOO multi JDAM procedure with the least amount of buttons pressed.

I may redo the video when the dust settles. But for now, my video's procedure works.

Just to confirm, this procedure does not work in the latest OB 2.5.6 50321 all the TOO coords in each station are overwritten with the most recently designated target.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Just to confirm, this procedure does not work in the latest OB 2.5.6 50321 all the TOO coords in each station are overwritten with the most recently designated target.

I just verified it yesterday with 3 runs in OB .50321. Worked for me. Not that I don't believe you. May be a bug? I guess YMMV.

Edited by Chaz

@zildac you have to undesignate, once just before stepping through again to check, or the overwriting happens

if you only step and designate without checking it works

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

I just verified it yesterday with 3 runs in OB .50321. Worked for me. Not that I don't believe you. May be a bug? I guess YMMV.

Ok, that works.. and a little bit simplier.. Thanks.

Anyone know what the difference between "In Range" and "In Zone"... as the "In Zone" couldn't his the side of a barn with a handful of rice... The switching for from range to zone is pretty quick, so you need to rapid deploy the bombs...

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

SIMPEDS Pedals

Ok, that works.. and a little bit simplier.. Thanks.

Anyone know what the difference between "In Range" and "In Zone"... as the "In Zone" couldn't his the side of a barn with a handful of rice... The switching for from range to zone is pretty quick, so you need to rapid deploy the bombs...

In Range means that if you release now, the bomb will hit the target with at least 30 degrees and at least 300 knots of terminal velocity (I might be wrong on the numbers though, but that's the idea). In Zone means that if you release now, the bomb will respect the terminal settings set by the pilot (heading, angle, velocity). Although those terminal settings don't do anything in the DCS Hornet yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

In Range means that if you release now, the bomb will hit the target with at least 30 degrees and at least 300 knots of terminal velocity (I might be wrong on the numbers though, but that's the idea). In Zone means that if you release now, the bomb will respect the terminal settings set by the pilot (heading, angle, velocity). Although those terminal settings don't do anything in the DCS Hornet yet.

Ok, thanks...

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

SIMPEDS Pedals

Apologies, my idiocy. It does indeed work :thumbup:

As an aside I've raised a bug and provided a track, but using the GBU31V (bunker buster) against a "Shelter A" (one of the hardened AC hangers) no longer does any damage at all. In the previous OB and those before one direct hit would flatten it. Now it does nothing at all, even two...no damage :joystick:

Anyone else have this issue? I've tried creating a new mission, disabled all mods..still the same behaviour. Very very odd....