Another dumb question

Maybe you forgot to Feed the gun?

Check out Chucks splendid JF-17 guide. Page 299 for info about the cannon.

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-jf-17-thunder/

Yup like Mig-21

my advice when u are airborne activate your gun pointer and then feed your gun and deactivate your gun or u will end up merge and doing some aerobatics to touch your mouse and go to feed your gun

Yes i found it thanks all.

Next problem is i cant dogfight in her.. at all lol is there a g limiter? Lol

i dont know if i am right or wrong but i think using A/G is limiting your G when u drop your tank u will have a warning so u need to switch to A/A and in this situation i dont think there is a limiter

A/A is no limiter G i think and u can also override fly by wire if u like :)

yup combat mode will gave u a boost as its using your engine in 100% without limitation due to fuel saving but be aware flying with Combat all the time will eat your fuel if u planning to use it long time

Thabks guys

Chiron overriding the fbw is EXACTLY what I meant almost likenin the su27 - when I try rudels cac against the m2k i cant fet on his six. Pulling hard im either getting a overg warning (the beeping) but feel its perhaps the plane telling me "no" (and im a f14 boi i like telling the plane no by ripping the wings off if need be lol)

How does fbw override work

Nevernind i see its not like the flanker at all; and wont work with a dogfight anyway

So i basically need to practice a lot and accept shes more a strike fighter

(And look i mess up.lgbs and strikes in the f14 still. Say 3 of jf17 i mastered the brm and lgbs at least. Its a very lethal a2g platform. A2a.. well.. we.ll see. So so so far. I havent gotten to see her on a dce type thing and the time i tried the sandbox pve mission was buggy)

Ok now totally O/T

Is there any way to drop gbu 12s or 16s without a targetting pod if a jtac is laxing? I flew a mission where a jtac drone supposedly is laxing a target. I selevt and arm the bombs. Fly level with em on auto. I get the drop buzz. I release. And rhey fall dumb and blow up coral. What gives..? And yes theuh were on 1688 and jtac was too.

Question 2 in SP setting com 2 to 199 and then slav and ne to +.. is that it then im in the datalink? Bc its odd i did it in this mission that has a friendly awacs. When i did this i notived my radio calls to the awacs would go unanswered (and the awacs wasnt greyed out as if i was on wrong channel??) In fact i think i still have easy comms on

Buddy laser should work, but since you don't have a pod, you will need to know the exact location for CCRP bomb release, LGB can not search a very large area, it should be released to the genal location of the lasering point.

In SP, player will always be the Host of the datalink network(by selecting MAST on comms 2 channel 199), regardless whether AWACS is present or not. If you disable the easy comms, use Comm 1 to get voice communication.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Ok wait sir

Mast?!?! I hit 199 on comm 2 and master and ne to plus for SP

Ccrp being.. Auto? This was a MOOSE script mission for PG. I was bombing a insurgent camp in dubai. The bomb release tone went i dropped. Went again i dropped again.

However (!!!) I knew the targets EXACT coords. I overflew it and even made target wp1. I got the release tone. No track???1

If they are available why didnt they track? There werent cmds to ralk to jtac nor a script for him to begin lasing.

The mission instructions are specific to set pgbs to a siff cose if you laze as 1688 will get interceptes by jtacs

Tl;Dr is this bc i didnt have the pod? Oddly i brought a pod too; apparently the entirely wrong one.

The spj isnt it obv. I thought it was thr wmd centerline but..

Help?

Ok wait sir

Mast?!?! I hit 199 on comm 2 and master and ne to plus for SP

Ccrp being.. Auto? This was a MOOSE script mission for PG. I was bombing a insurgent camp in dubai. The bomb release tone went i dropped. Went again i dropped again.

However (!!!) I knew the targets EXACT coords. I overflew it and even made target wp1. I got the release tone. No track???1

If they are available why didnt they track? There werent cmds to ralk to jtac nor a script for him to begin lasing.

The mission instructions are specific to set pgbs to a siff cose if you laze as 1688 will get interceptes by jtacs

Tl;Dr is this bc i didnt have the pod? Oddly i brought a pod too; apparently the entirely wrong one.

The spj isnt it obv. I thought it was thr wmd centerline but..

Help?

English: Did you fuzed the bomb?

Español: Le has activado el fuze a la bomba?

Si senor

Tambien estoy gringo ;)

Yes it was fuzed. I watched it blow apart some rock

It was in the (i prefer dce but its not workn for me now) pve dynamic mission that uses moose. The sandbox one. Op snowfox is its name? I took a jf17 and picked a regular strike. 2 gbu 16s. Armed em. I put ona pod to my dismay airborne the pod.. idk wtf it did but it didnt jam or look arnd.

I figured thats wat a jtacs for! I waa reassured by the release tone also as i overflew the WP1 which was also the target.

Ill add i clicked auto on bomb hoping thered be options idk.. buddy lazr or somethibg. Is auto ccrp? All there was was auto ccip.. and.. dtoss.

The tone went off i pickled. A few seconds another tone. Pickle

Both bombs didnt detonate.

Ill add i dropped a gbu on the CAS instant action that was unarmed. They still track and do damage not nearl6 as much though. It did smash th2 target tent

Also the enemy waa visible on the f10 map so Im sure I overflew the corrrect spot.

Ill further add i watched the jtac - a US drone- orbit the target site.

I dont know if it constantly lazes or what therr wasnt the jtac radio menu i remember

Also the guy (probad i think) saying dont use the / comms menu (i use / no alt) whats rhat about?!?! I didnt know abt that!! Whats that do /difference

I assume i had no jtac radio menu bc it was a drone. If so do tmdrones continously laze??

JTAC need a standard work flow, heavily rely on radio.

In DCS, there's 2 kinds of radio mode: real and simplified, mandatory setting by mission designer.

real: manually tune your radio to freqency of the unit you wan to contact , then Press 'alt_\' To Talk

simplified: press \, will auto tune your radio to the freqency of the unit specified by comm menu, auto start to talk

Edited by L0op8ack

Easy comms use "", it will auto tune the freq so you don't need to touch the radio.

Real comms use "Ralt+"and "RCTRL+"(IIRC) for COMM1 and COMM2 radio transmission, U need manually tune the radio freq(channel on JF17) first, or JTAC will not receive and respond.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Yes sir ibunderstand all this. I can use both. However im this case i used easy to make sure

2nd it wasnt a reg jtac with radio. It was a drone. Not sure how they work - just know according to the mission MOOSE script they supposedly continously lase

So without radio options you cant drop a lgb with a krac lasing? Why then did mmy bombs set on auto get a drop tone when i overflew the target??? They just didnt track

Do i need the wmd7 anyways??

May I ask since youre dekka - the pods.. whats datalink do really?

Yes sir ibunderstand all this. I can use both. However im this case i used easy to make sure

2nd it wasnt a reg jtac with radio. It was a drone. Not sure how they work - just know according to the mission MOOSE script they supposedly continously lase

So without radio options you cant drop a lgb with a krac lasing? Why then did mmy bombs set on auto get a drop tone when i overflew the target??? They just didnt track

if u are talking about Datalink Pod its for CM-802 AKG

Did you check the WEAPON laser code matched the drone laser code?

If they don't match, it will fail.

Note also that some sim assets can use laser codes that are outside the real range of laser codes. The JF-17 is limited to the real set, so beware codes like 1111. 1688 is the lowest first real code.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Did you check the WEAPON laser code matched the drone laser code?

If they don't match, it will fail.

Note also that some sim assets can use laser codes that are outside the real range of laser codes. The JF-17 is limited to the real set, so beware codes like 1111. 1688 is the lowest first real code.

Oh yes. Youre warned installing about 10 times that if you want to do ANY of your own work you have to swirch from 1688.