DCS-ExportScripts F-14B Tomcat .lua script w/Special Stream Deck exports

4 hours ago, winghunter said:

Is there a way to export the thrust / throttle position for the F-14 ?

Yes, you should be able to get the argument for the position of the levers as a decimal and convert it into a format you want, like percent. 

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yes, you should be able to get the argument for the position of the levers as a decimal and convert it into a format you want, like percent. 

The values arent in this file. But i found them here

-- see Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\draw_args.lua
         leftThrottle = MainPanel:get_argument_value(753)
            rightThrottle = MainPanel:get_argument_value(752)
  • Like 1

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

11 minutes ago, winghunter said:

The values arent in this file. But i found them here

-- see Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\draw_args.lua
         leftThrottle = MainPanel:get_argument_value(753)
            rightThrottle = MainPanel:get_argument_value(752)

Great work! I have noticed that many profiles lack animation arguments like that. I may do a sweep of a few to provide them now that there is an "unclickable" extract tool.
Edit: Wow, F-14 does it quite differently. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 7:53 PM, FwSchultz said:

i've been following this thread for a few days now and i'm frantically trying to get the mph into the streamdeck. is there a solution?

you mean airspeed in miles per hour ?

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

does your profiles yet work ? i found mine doesnt work anymore after last big patch.

I see icon change if i clik with mouse into the cockpit, but anything happen if i press the same button on stremdeck. I checked device and button ID and seems everything ok, also checked device ID in F14B.lua that match with command_def.lua and clickabledata.lua ..

Any idea ? 

7 minutes ago, hasole said:

Try changing the Id by +1. 

Device ID or Button ID ?

2 minutes ago, Slider78 said:

Device ID or Button ID ?

It's device ID and it works !!! thanks a lot !

Edited by Slider78

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Unlike in any other plane I've tried, for some reason I get a huge delay in the F-14 between pressing a button and the Stream Deck status image changing. The command goes through right away, state changes in game as you'd expect, but it takes a long time for Stream Deck to change the image. Anyone else run into this issue?

EDIT: Used this profile as a base, but it happens even when doing it all manually myself.

Edited by jubuttib

• 3 months later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, jonny415 said:

Was updating my profile I can't get the radio freq display to work the 60000, 60001 ID won't display anything. Anyone has a working .lua file to share

radio freq.png

can you post you lua?

On 6/24/2022 at 1:09 PM, jonny415 said:

Here I might have messed up some where.

F-14B.lua 99.44 kB · 1 download

There is something wrong with that lua as a whole. (I suggest getting a different one. That one is known to cause some issues due to lack of updates at the moment).

I copied the relevant code into a "fresher" f14.lua. I had to change a single value. Here is the code:

local UHF_ARC159_infoPilot = ExportScript.Tools.split(list_indication(9), "%c")--this contains the formated table of the Pilot radio
local UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot = UHF_ARC159_infoPilot[10] -- so far it has always been 10 in both channel and freq modes
local UHF_ARC159_FreqMode = string.format("%0.1f", mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(2033))

if UHF_ARC159_FreqMode == "1.0" or UHF_ARC159_FreqMode == "0.5" then
	ExportScript.Tools.SendData(60002, string.format("ARC-159\n" .. UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot:sub(1,3) .. "." .. UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot:sub(4,6)))
	ExportScript.Tools.SendData(60003, string.format(UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot:sub(1,3) .. "." .. UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot:sub(4,6)))
elseif UHF_ARC159_FreqMode == "0.0" then
	ExportScript.Tools.SendData(60002, string.format("ARC-159\n" .. "CH " .. UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot:sub(4,6)))
	ExportScript.Tools.SendData(60003, string.format("CH " .. UHF_ARC159_readoutPilot:sub(4,6)))
end

nullimage.png

Make sure to use the correct Title Text DCS ID.

------------------------------------------------

Wait. Ignore everything I said.

Why do you need 60000 and 60001? The Pilot and RIO values are 60002 thru 60005.

• 6 months later...

Hi, 

I have created a full cockpit of f14

Both Rio and Pilot, have modified the lua file as the currently available one causes crash of streamdeck plugin.

should I post it here or create a new topic? 

p.s. when I am saying everything. I mean every single panel, switch and knob available, with my updated lua there are no more flashing numbers or text 

p.jpg

r.jpg

d.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jonny415 said:

So, I tested it. Everything looks good works well with my profile as well. Let's hope it won't break after any update its pain in the butt.

@Bailey

I am happy to hear it is working as it should, this is the entire cockpit and I did not miss a single switch or knob

I would ask Bailey to test this lua and add it to his files so people can download it.

I dont think any future update would effect this and if it does I can trace it back and fix it since this exportscript works 100% now 🙂

F-14.streamDeckProfile F-14B.lua

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 1:00 PM, Norsk-L said:

@Bailey

I am happy to hear it is working as it should, this is the entire cockpit and I did not miss a single switch or knob

I would ask Bailey to test this lua and add it to his files so people can download it.

I dont think any future update would effect this and if it does I can trace it back and fix it since this exportscript works 100% now 🙂

F-14.streamDeckProfile 11.53 MB · 9 downloads F-14B.lua 97.48 kB · 8 downloads

Finally had time to download this profile and WOW.  Amazing work.

• Like 1