DACT Electronic Kills

LowRider88

Maybe I haven't found it yet.

Please excuse me if this has been suggested or actually already exists.

Are there electronic kills in DCS?

I.e. when I pull the trigger, I still hear tones etc., but no weapon is fired, no target is destroyed. But the target then knocks it off and RTBs.

Does this exist today? If not could this be added?

There is a script that will detonate missiles before they strike but it still records and reports a kill.

Works for A2A and SAMs. It does NOT work for guns.

This script in conjunction with a TacView debrief is pretty close to how it works IRL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

There is a script that will detonate missiles before they strike but it still records and reports a kill.

Works for A2A and SAMs. It does NOT work for guns.

This script in conjunction with a TacView debrief is pretty close to how it works IRL.

This sounds like something I would want to try.

Maybe then we just need to create a new missile slot with no 3D and no smoke trail, or explosion.

Got a link to that script/mod?

But I assume the bogey won't bug out after the kill? Or is there some mission object task that says go home if you are partially damaged?

There is nothing like that implemented but I support the idea as this is much needed for realistic NTTR training (Red Flag).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

This sounds like something I would want to try.

Maybe then we just need to create a new missile slot with no 3D and no smoke trail, or explosion.

Got a link to that script/mod?

But I assume the bogey won't bug out after the kill? Or is there some mission object task that says go home if you are partially damaged?

Moose Missile Trainer

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Good question Lowrider88 :thumbup:

I think DCS indeed needs a system to be able to simulate air combat. Simulation inside a simulation if you will (how's that for realism! :smilewink:)

The lack of something like this is pretty much the main reason I do not care about the NTTR map. Sure it provides a nice platform for air to ground training, but in a simulation as complete as DCS, there should really be a way to also practice air to air combat without the need of using pilot immortality.

I don't like to use mods, as they messed up my DCS too often after official updates.

@Lowrider, you might want to check this mission in the meanwhile: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278965 (didn't actually try it myself yet)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Maybe I haven't found it yet.

Please excuse me if this has been suggested or actually already exists.

Are there electronic kills in DCS?

I.e. when I pull the trigger, I still hear tones etc., but no weapon is fired, no target is destroyed. But the target then knocks it off and RTBs.

Does this exist today? If not could this be added?

Set all players to invincible and weapons to unlimited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Good question Lowrider88 :thumbup:

I think DCS indeed needs a system to be able to simulate air combat. Simulation inside a simulation if you will (how's that for realism! :smilewink:)

The lack of something like this is pretty much the main reason I do not care about the NTTR map. Sure it provides a nice platform for air to ground training, but in a simulation as complete as DCS, there should really be a way to also practice air to air combat without the need of using pilot immortality.

I don't like to use mods, as they messed up my DCS too often after official updates.

@Lowrider, you might want to check this mission in the meanwhile: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278965 (didn't actually try it myself yet)

Thanks Sirrah! :thumbup:

Just trying to do my part as a fan to help make the sim we know and love better.

I completely agree, it adds more to the relevance to the NTTR map. Although I hope it won`t be constrained to only that map as I could imagine DACT taking place elsewhere as well.

E.g. if we wanted to relive the initial encounter in Top Gun, with the MiG-28, we could use the Persian or Caucus map.

I hope there would be options where the bogey would bug out because of a electronic trigger pull (not sure if a trigger pull is required in DACT), or just by painting the radar on them (like in the movie).

Set all players to invincible and weapons to unlimited.

I tried that before. Got the AI pilot to stall and all they wound up doing was falling to the earth in a perpetual bounce.

The main point of this request is that they bug out after painted with radar for a few seconds, not keep fighting until they bounce or run out of fuel.

Although if this same mechanism could be used to relive the opening skirmish of Top Gun, or the numerous possible eletronic engagements between deadlocked countries, it would be nice to have an option to make them bug out after a set number of electronic kills instead of just the first.

E.g. you have to paint them 3 times before they give up and go home.

Or have to paint then for say 15 seconds, which could be all at the same time or through multiple attempts.

Edited by LowRider88